PlayStation Now or Xbox Game Pass?

Dark771

If I would pick what service should I get, which one has more value?

Xbox Game Pass: Download XOne, X360, OG Xbox games, 20% Off featured games, Over 100 games, 10 Euro per month, 30 for three months. (I also saw Smyths sell a prepaid 6 month card, too.)

PS Now: Download PS4 (and select PS2) games, Stream PS4 and PS3 games through PS4 or PC, Over 600 games so far, 13 pounds per month, 85 pounds per year.

Monthly fee calculated together for the full year?

PS Now: 156 Pounds altogether if you used monthly.

Xbox Game Pass: 120 Euro altogether if you used monthly, quarterly or 6 month offer from smyths.

Like what Soul said. Whichever one has the games you want to play. Doesnt matter if it offers 1000 of games if its all indie craps or whatever you dont want.

Unless you have a lot of PS3 games that you want to play, PS Now just doesn't offer good value for money. The selection of PS4 games on it are just not current enough to warrant the price.

If I were into Xbox One then Game Pass would be a no brainer. It has all of the first party games on release day. In my personal opinion, Xbox One has no first party exclusives that I want to play, but as you have an Xbox One already, I am sure that you would find more value in it. I also expect their drought of good first party offerings to end sooner rather then later with all of their recent acquisitions.

I'd only support the terminally OBSOLETE Xbox brand if I had literally no other choice, but objectively--especially since their backwards compatibility is more, uhh, compatible--Xbox wins at this one for the time being.

Thanks for making this thread to remind me to cancel my subscription. If they'd launched PS Now in my area before I had bought most of the interesting games on the service, things might have been different... learn from this, Sony.

Xbox's is objectively better. It's cheaper. It has 60$ first party games day 1. Real backwards compatibility. Consistently better updates. Mountains of current gen hits compared to Sony's handful.

It's not even a competition. I'm considering buying an xbox just for game pass. Sony can't even get me to spend the 20$ consistently.

Edited by KingGuy420
  • Like 1

Im jealous of XGP. I dont play on Xbox but my sister does and she often shows me whats available on the service. Its kinda the reason I checked out PS Now and well, it is absolutley useless for me. They said my internet was strong enough and let me tell you, it wasnt. Im sure its worth it with awesome connections. But they have to make it more like XGP on PS5, download all games.

I belive they know its a bad service for a lot of players because when I asked for I refund I got it immediately, no questions asked and that was a first.

XPaddyCFCX.png

Edited by XPaddyCFCX