Top Trophy Hunters Retiring?

1 minute ago, skroq said:

Sorry, my bad!!

Who cares about what other people do or have done? Live your own lives. No offense, but guys...we are talking about video games.

I, of course, like trophies and playing games, otherwise I would not be on this site. If someone decides to quit a hobby and move on, that is all good. The only piece of criticism I have is that you don’t need to make a post announcing it. Just do it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nyonmyan said:

People here only talk about earning trophies, but Roughdawg also made a lot of incredibly helpful guides and PS3Imports is a great place for JP stuff in general.

The best trophy hunters are those who help the others, on top of earning trophies themselves.

He made some, yes. He copied and stole others and posted them with another's user's name..........

You will never know how he treated MANY of his most helpful members over the years. Be glad you don't know. I do!

And btw: it's only 3 or 4 years ago when he and even his best mate asked me if I would play games for them.......

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hakoom said:

1 day you wil understand just like i did and many ppl from his site whom he booted..

it will hit you 1 day just like it hit me..

and you will remember me for it

https://giant.gfycat.com/SkinnyPassionateAnchovy.webm

Edited by The Blakk Vulture

3 minutes ago, Velvet said:

Hakoom, you know I respect all the work you've done over the years (just as much as I respect the work RD has done) as you both were definitely ones to watch when the lot of us were still itty bitty trophy hunters, so please read the next part keeping that in mind... but honey, this thread was never about you. This is about MrUnknown and RD announcing their retirements from trophy hunting and the reason this has veered so far off course is because you just "had" to say something. Let those guys retire in peace, let them do their thing, let them move on to greener pastures. 

Attempt to get back on topic - best of luck to both MrUnknown and RD. Stopping the hunt will most likely be easier said than done, but still wish you both nothing but the best in your future endeavors. 

In response to the OP, is there a shift happening? Undoubtedly.  

iam sorry velvet i mean it

but i cant control my emotions sometimes because i myself have been through so much shit since 2008

i hope you understand :)

Just now, Hakoom said:

iam sorry velvet i mean it

but i cant control my emotions sometimes because i myself have been through so much shit since 2008

i hope you understand :)

I understand, 100%, but again, just let them do their thing. There's no point in making a spectacle out of something that has already been said, done, argued, etc etc etc. We all know both sides, we all know the gritty details. 

Just step away, let the dust settle, and let's all just... go back to doing our own things haha

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Velvet said:

I understand, 100%, but again, just let them do their thing. There's no point in making a spectacle out of something that has already been said, done, argued, etc etc etc. We all know both sides, we all know the gritty details. 

Just step away, let the dust settle, and let's all just... go back to doing our own things haha

Agreed. My apologies to @Hakoom for laying into you so much, but I guess the drama took over me and I took it further than expected and made the thread worse. Still, happy hunting to all. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Blakk Vulture said:

Agreed. My apologies to @Hakoom for laying into you so much, but I guess the drama took over me and I took it further than expected and made the thread worse. Still, happy hunting to all. 

no worries

we are humans we make mistakes and our emotions take over 

but we learn from our mistakes and try to correct them :) 

• Like 2

It's really sad to see how much hatred can arise out of a simple hobby. Read all comments, i am totally neutral here and it somehow feels weird. Shouldn't we all act like a team? I always loved this about the community. The fact, that everybody helps each other. I always try to help others, write guides and answer threads because in the first place it's our hobby and i always want that my knowledge of games helps others. This works in both directions. We should all focus on what we do best, this is to be a supporting community, because that's what counts in the end. This page helps me for years with great guides, and threads. And i love to be a part of this, so let's get back to the core. 

Just in case I will be at the pranger one day in the future: I had help by a friend with Asphalt Injection and I love to play couch coop games with my wife, so technically my account is a team account :-) 

Edited by NathanDarko
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, NathanDarko said:

It's really sad to see how much hatred can arise out of a simple hobby. Read all comments, i am totally neutral here and it somehow feels weird. Shouldn't we all act like a team? I always loved this about the community. The fact, that everybody helps each other. I always try to help others, write guides and answer threads because in the first place it's our hobby and i always want that my knowledge of games helps others. This works in both directions. We should all focus on what we do best, this is to be a supporting community, because that's what counts in the end. This page helped me for years with great guides, and threads. And i love to be a part of this, so let's get back to the core. 

Just in case I will be at the pranger one day in the future: I had help by a friend with Asphalt Injection and I love to play couch coop games with my wife, so technically my account is a team account :-) 

Agreed. I spend more time helping other people by doing guides than my own personal trophy hunting. Do I really mind it? Nah not really. I get more satisfaction from helping the community instead and making a difference when I can. It's not easy sometimes but it's good to see how my efforts have helped others regardless. :) 

• Like 2