Top Trophy Hunters Retiring?

You know all of this time could of been spent earning a plat or 2...............

Seriously though I do love trophy hunting myself but I'm not as hardcore as the 2k plat blitzers and never will be, casual hunter at best.  I play more games I love and like to have me a rain of trophies on an easy slutty dirty cheap plat in between. One thing is for sure I'll be will be a gamer until I die and it will always be more about the fun factor for me but as for the leaderboards I've never been bothered by them.  Fair play to all that do enjoy getting up there and if you enjoy it crack on!  Myself i just couldn't be arsed with that in any shape or form, it must be a constant stressful ballache to maintain it.

Life is far too short for all this, we are here for a good time not for a long time!  Don't forget to LIVE

• Like 1

Well I don't think there's a shift that'll happen in the trophy community as the OP said (remember way back then) but I gotta say after reading this argument it definitely has made me feel pretty bummed out about trophy hunting. 

I am a live and let live kinda guy, if you enjoy hunting trophies all your life then it's all good, but I definitely think there are some people who have gone too far, it's gone beyond being a hobby to becoming an unhealthy obsession in my mind.

Think I'll take a little reset break, maybe bust out some command and conquer skirmish on the ps1 this weekend!

Saw it coming, there is only so much shit you can play before you get burned out.

Why dont you talk to Sony about it. If anyone has a chance to get through to them and fix the trophy system it would be the top trophy hunters.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MrTrofyHuntr said:

Shit! What did I do? Sorry all, just wanted chat about top trophy hunters leaving the mix. Let’s just keep huntin’

Nay don't fret too much about it. This happens alot on PSNPROFILES. OP starts a thread then quickly goes off topic. Nothing new. Happy Hunting. PRAISE THE SUN:giggle:

I mean once you keep doing something over and over you'll soon get tired of it. I thought it before when viewing their profiles. I'll make it simple from my perspective. 

Trophies Before The Game = Loosing The Experience of the Game and loosing game enjoyment. 

Games Before The Trophy = Enjoyment and Immersion of the Game while obtaining achievements to push you to better explore what the game has to offer. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kale said:

Is it possible now to close this thread ?

11 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Did you report anything in the thread or PM a mod?

But why? Despite the small drama (which is hopefully over) OPs "question" remains open for comments.

Edited by Smashero

Not that I ever check the leader boards, but just noticed today that @Roughdawg4 was no longer number 1.  Then saw this thread.  Interesting subject to discuss as I wondered how much longer the leaders would keep up the pace to stay at the front of the pack.  Just wanted to thank the leaders for letting me come along for the ride, enjoying their competition!

Funny how some people feel their opinion is so important on someone's personal decision.  Stuff like this just fires up the crazies I guess. :rolleyes:

I don't really consider myself to be in competition with anyone but I can see how getting burnt out can happen if you prioritise gaining trophy quantity way above your personal enjoyment of the games you are playing.

Props to people that put time and dedication into being the best at accumulating trophies, but I'll always proritize the game itself over the trophies. If I enjoy the game, i'll aim for 100% or the Plat. If not, i'll play it to it's conclusion and move on.

We should probably not slam each other based on our trophy hunting preferences though, or the guys the OP was referencing.

I have so much respect for roughdawg. Listened to his podcast a while back and he sounded like a normal guy with a normal life he also said he made no money from trophy hunting. He did it for fun. Its a shame that the fun as disapeared. It was always gonna happen tho. Agree with people saying people like him could make the trophy system even better in the future

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Smashero said:

But why? Despite the small drama (which is hopefully over) OPs "question" remains open for comments.

I may be the one who starts too much drama around here but even I feel bored about this... It's like a world war between two former friends :(

Now that both have stopped arguing, this thread has become pointless hasn't it?

Edited by Kale