Top Trophy Hunters Retiring?

When I first started collecting trophies around 10 years ago, I think Hakoom was at trophy level 50 - so a bit lower than I am right now. I thought "Woah, that's a level I'd never reach!" At that point in the past I was really excited to see how some people could tackle so many platinums since I only earned a handful of trophies and had a completion rate of...I don't know, 30 or 40%? I was super motivated by all these high level players, that's why I started trying to get more platinum trophies.

Seeing the negativity about trophies now makes me kinda sad. Back then I'd never thought that there could be so much hate over trophies.

If someone doesn't feel like collecting trophies anymore, that's on them. Although I'm not as active as I used to be, I still love to complete most games I play, so I probably couldn't ever stop at all. But then again, I'm nowhere near being a top player, so I never tried to maintain a certain rank on the leaderboard. Trying to remain number #1 seems like a chore and maybe it's really better to stop than forcing yourself to do something you don't enjoy at the fullest. It shouldn't feel like a necessity to complete games.

Edited by Izul

I can fully understand if people stop playing the huge amount of shitty games thrown at us a maximum velocity. I haven't played a single game since January and I know that some German trophy aces (most notably Dragarock and blackangel887462) quit or sped down drastically. After 30 years of gaming and the massive black hole in the creative departments of the gaming industry there simply is little that make me even raise an eyebrow. I never understood the joy of playing garbage games just for trophies. It's as fun as sticking your dick in a wall socket.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, German Atheist said:

I can fully understand if people stop playing the huge amount of shitty games thrown at us a maximum velocity. I haven't played a single game since January and I know that some German trophy aces (most notably Dragarock and blackangel887462) quit or sped down drastically. After 30 years of gaming and the massive black hole in the creative departments of the gaming industry there simply is little that make me even raise an eyebrow. I never understood the joy of playing garbage games just for trophies. It's as fun as sticking your dick in a wall socket.

what do you mean by garbage games ?

i'll never be a great trophy hunter but i always loved games like Fullblast or Jack and Jill which look like games like the ones i used to play back on Nes or Super Nintendo :(

Earning trophies is a continuing challenge.

Edited by Kale
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Smashero said:

But why? Despite the small drama (which is hopefully over) OPs "question" remains open for comments.

I don't know why you quoted me for answering his question.

I also don't see any problem with this thread remaining open to discuss the topic proposed.

8 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I don't know why you quoted me for answering his question.

I also don't see any problem with this thread remaining open to discuss the topic proposed.

i'm sorry you got quoted because of what i said

I just thought it was pointless to let this thread go on

Edited by Kale