Final Fantasy VII Remake State of Play Trailer

Looks great.  I can see that FFXV action-oriented combat messing up the feel of a lot of key battles in the game though.

... maybe "messing up" isn't the right phrase.  But dramatically changing them, which probably isn't the easiest to stomach approach for a remake of one of the most beloved games of all time (whether you agree with that or not).  I mean, it's difficult enough for people to go into new IP's or sequels with an open mind... no less a remake of a classic where their mind was made up on it 20+ years ago.

Personally?  I'm going to try my damndest to appreciate this remake for what it is (and not what it isn't).  I love FFVII, and I can't wait to see it again through this new lens.

Edited by Dreakon13

I don't agree with having FFXV combat since it loses a lot of flavour but at the same time they should have improved all the problems it did have, so hopefully it'll be fun to play. 

You never know, FFVII might move up in my favourite to least favourite Final Fantasy games to second least favourite. 

• Like 2

Until they show something more concrete, can't say I'm waiting for this. We've been technically waiting for half a decade for something, and this still seems like vaporware.

18 minutes ago, FireFoxie said:

I guess I'm in the minority cause outside of the graphics I wasn't at all impressed with that trailer. Who knows, maybe I'll change my mind when I see more gameplay though. 

My thoughts, too.

• Like 1

Well, this was just a teaser announcement for the actual announcement, so, I'm not really feeling the reaction of a lot of people... Well, I guess it's fulfilling it's role, since this is just to get people talking about the game again and start ti build up hype for June.. 

I see this "trailer" as just them checking in to say that they have been working on it and that they have something new to show later nothing else, and because of this, I will just ignore it for now. 

Said that, I'm positively looking forward to the game, even if it were crap, simply because I grew with it, and want to see how this actually turns out.

Here's the Japanese audio trailer, special message from producer Yoshinori Kitase and some screenshots.

Finally…. the long awaited moment has come. Sorry to keep you all waiting so long!

We hope you enjoyed the footage shown during State of Play. It was quite short, but hopefully you enjoyed seeing Cloud and Aerith brought back to life with such realistic graphics.

And oh my god! Did you notice he was there too…?

We are preparing to release more official information in June, but we wanted to try something new here on State of Play by showing you this special trailer as a taste of what’s to come.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/05/09/a-new-look-at-final-fantasy-vii-remake/

Spoiler

Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake_2019_05-09-19_0

Wait, does anyone hear Yuri Lowenthal when Cloud says "I'm Fine"? Or is it still Steve Burton?

EDIT: After listening more, it's just that one thing he sounds like Yuri, the grunting and everything else sounds a little deeper.

Regardless, it's nice to see things are finally coming along. Not sold on the gameplay just yet but we'll see more soon I guess!

Edited by ImmortalFox-