Comparison of the two State of Plays (Plat Cast Topic)

ChernobylNinja

Hey guys as many of you know @Bushido7745785 and myself host a podcast called Plat Cast and every week we ask a topic for discussion here on psnprofiles and we read out your responses on our podcast and our topic this week is:

What was your impressions of the second State of Play and how did it stack up to the first? Are you excited for more State of Plays?  

Also, join our discord! We talk about anything and everything and is the best way to suggest topics/chat with Zack (he is there he just lurks!) and myself discord.gg/hbTaVvh 

• Like 1

Short and sweet and got to the point. This one was a lot better than last one because it was not filled with VR titles. Also finally getting news on FF7 Remake was great (even though it was only a short tease). If Sony can keep it short and to the point then you got me signed up for the ride. 

Edited by Yuna4353

This was far better than the first. Sony seemed like they were still figuring out what they wanted to do with these state of play events with the first and it ended up seeming like a VR promo. Possibly enjoyable for VR owners but not for the majority. The second was great and kept me excited the whole way through. I thought the tease for the predator game was cool and put it on my radar, there were some interesting looks at slightly smaller games like Away which looks like a fun and unique game. I’m sure monster hunter fans enjoyed the extended look at the new expansion but most importantly... FINAL FANTASY VII HYPE BABYYYYYYY GIVE ME THAT WEEBY GOODNESS

Edited by CalmKermit7

Beyond either one featuring practically nothing worth my time or money, it remains dull and boilerplate corporate fluff that struggles to justify its own existence. Hell, I'd argue the second one was even more underwhelming, new presenter voice bedamned. When DLC and two remakes are your big announcements... well.

Ultimately, it takes away from the potential significance (...such as it is nowadays) of announcing games at E3, PS Experience, and the like. They might as well not bother, as with their current dearth of effort they're liable never to dispel its "copied from Nintendo" image. I'm hardly the only one who is unimpressed; just look at the like/dislike ratio on the videos. Wonder if they'll reupload them to reset the likes this time, too? 

I realize I don't offer much of constructive criticism here, but as I've implied more than once, the whole concept itself is thus far OBSOLETE.

I'm kinda mixed about it. The first one was quite lame, lacking the kind of interest for most of the platform users, while also being a "first" for the brand. This second one went straight to the point, and while it didn't have the over abundance of VR titles from before, it also didn't offer too much in terms of content. Yes, it's good to see development from studios, but it feels half assed. It's just teasers, almost in the same way we had with Watchdogs back in the day.

I'm glad to watch some update on MediEvil, but the FFVII Remake teaser is still crappy. Can't say I'm waiting on the game, actually, with the episodic format they announced years ago.

Neither State of play impressed me but now they set the tone for what the rest of them have in store. I’m not expecting anything big from future state of plays as my expectations for them are now put in check. Just going to have to wait for PSX for announcements I actually care about.