Boosting suggestions needed for this game

2 hours ago, Denvirus said:

As far as boosting, the best way is probably 1v1 to get Jason games/kills. It's hard to get a group of 8 together for some of the bigger trophies, but can be done.

i can agree with this. easier to get 1v1 games.

even better if you can get all the trophy's in a 1v1 game.

Edited by lordguwa

Well, if you would like to take these trophies out of the way as fast as possible, I'll just say that you need three people; Jason and two counselors for passenger trophies. And, this has to be done 13 times for car and boat. There’s also trophy you have to defeat Jason that you need to have 4 people including you (3 counselors and Jason). Additionally, you need to have two counselors to escape away or die, so this way that one of them will be respawned as Jarvis to count for "Heeeeere's Tommy!" trophy and another trophy you just call for Tommy which can be done by 2 people. Finally, everything else can be done by two people (counselor and Jason) even in the private match EXCEPT a "kill 8 everyone in a single match" trophy which you need 8 people, unfortunately. To be honest, if you do just for the trophies, I wouldn't recommend it at all. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, VoidVictorious said:

Any info on successful tips as in number of people required, tactics, etc. for this game please let me know. Any constructive information is welcome. Thanks guys!

What’s the point of just playing this game for the trophies? You will get absolutely nothing out of it. This game is fun as hell to play especially with friends. Just play it naturally and get most of the trophies normally then boost the gindy 1000 matches later. Otherwise there is no point in playing it if you only are going for the trophies.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rolltideroll157 said:

What’s the point of just playing this game for the trophies? You will get absolutely nothing out of it. This game is fun as hell to play especially with friends. Just play it naturally and get most of the trophies normally then boost the gindy 1000 matches later. Otherwise there is no point in playing it if you only are going for the trophies.

People can do whatever they want ?

• Like 3

On 5/11/2019 at 1:22 AM, r3viladdict said:

Well, if you would like to take these trophies out of the way as fast as possible, I'll just say that you need three people; Jason and two counselors for passenger trophies. And, this has to be done 13 times for car and boat. There’s also trophy you have to defeat Jason that you need to have 4 people including you (3 counselors and Jason). Additionally, you need to have two counselors to escape away or die, so this way that one of them will be respawned as Jarvis to count for "Heeeeere's Tommy!" trophy and another trophy you just call for Tommy which can be done by 2 people. Finally, everything else can be done by two people (counselor and Jason) even in the private match EXCEPT a "kill 8 everyone in a single match" trophy which you need 8 people, unfortunately. To be honest, if you do just for the trophies, I wouldn't recommend it at all. 

So, just to make sure, I need 2 people for the majority including myself, 4 for the rest, except for the one 8 person one?

I kickstarted the game so it is for trophies, fun, and also to max out a game I partially paid for. It would be a shame not to do so don’t you agree? 

Please keep the tips coming, but is the game fun as an aside?

Edited by VoidVictorious
  • Like 2

Super fun game. Work towards the trophies while you enjoy yourself, but you most likely wont play as Jason until you make private matches. The 1v1 matches/kills are pretty fast on Packanack (small).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CannibalX666X said:

The way my particular group boosted this was we did 7 player lobby's every night, using the person that was Jason to warp around camp searching for the Tommy Jarvis Radio, checking to see if the propeller was Glitched which happened a lot and also telling us where the Shack was. Things like that. We swapped Jason every 10 games, so that guaranteed 7 kills, including Tommy each game. Once everyone had 666 kills as Jason and all the other miscellaneous trophies, we branched off in teams of 2 and blasted the kills to 1313 like that, taking it one game turnovers with each other. That way we both would work toward 1000 games as Jason and as a councillor also. Even after that had been done and me and the 6 others all had the platinum, we spent another year or so playing every Friday night legit games for the fun of it! I know the grind really turns people off on this game, the fun I and my friends have had on this game was brilliant. Securing the platinum on the U.K copy meant recently I was able to do the USA version with the autopopping of the trophies which is a cool way to get another platinum on this great game! Although there were an insane amount of glitches on this game, hampering play and causing loads of issues, because it effected us all, it was very easy to overlook the issues and actually it added to the funny shit that happened! 

Thanks for the super helpful post! Please keep them coming! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VoidVictorious said:

So, just to make sure, I need 2 people for the majority including myself, 4 for the rest, except for the one 8 person one?

I kickstarted the game so it is for trophies, fun, and also to max out a game I partially paid for. It would be a shame not to do so don’t you agree? 

Please keep the tips coming, but is the game fun as an aside?

I was just saying that these trophies are dull as hell if you focus on them. Just play with friends if they have F13 and enjoy first, it would be worth your time. And, it’s really hilarious as when the counselors scream traumatically as if they see Jason getting close to them, they have funny facial expression! It's fun when you play with your friends trying to survive together. I loved it even though it's very glitchy but it’s enjoyable, (like the car getting stuck in the corner, something like that.). 

1 minute ago, r3viladdict said:

I was just saying that these trophies are dull as hell if you focus on them. Just play with friends if they have F13 and enjoy first, it would be worth your time. And, it’s really hilarious as when the counselors scream traumatically as if they see Jason getting close to them, they have funny facial expression! It's fun when you play with your friends trying to survive together. I loved it even though it's very glitchy but it’s enjoyable, (like the car getting stuck in the corner, something like that.). 

Were my numbers right on the people I need to boost? No offense taken by your post, the game is just getting old and I need an organized way to do this as well as have fun. Please confirm if my numbers were correct.

• Like 1

I can understand that. You're right. You can do with just one person for grindy trophies such as play 1,000 matches and kill counselors in the private match and this will make most of your time. I can confirm this. Just wanted to make sure myself, 4 people needed for play as Jarvis/defeat Jason which you can finish in one day and 3 people needed for passenger trophies. 

2 hours ago, CannibalX666X said:

The way my particular group boosted this was we did 7 player lobby's every night, using the person that was Jason to warp around camp searching for the Tommy Jarvis Radio, checking to see if the propeller was Glitched which happened a lot and also telling us where the Shack was. Things like that. We swapped Jason every 10 games, so that guaranteed 7 kills, including Tommy each game. Once everyone had 666 kills as Jason and all the other miscellaneous trophies, we branched off in teams of 2 and blasted the kills to 1313 like that, taking it one game turnovers with each other. That way we both would work toward 1000 games as Jason and as a councillor also. Even after that had been done and me and the 6 others all had the platinum, we spent another year or so playing every Friday night legit games for the fun of it! I know the grind really turns people off on this game, the fun I and my friends have had on this game was brilliant. Securing the platinum on the U.K copy meant recently I was able to do the USA version with the autopopping of the trophies which is a cool way to get another platinum on this great game! Although there were an insane amount of glitches on this game, hampering play and causing loads of issues, because it effected us all, it was very easy to overlook the issues and actually it added to the funny shit that happened! 

Brilliant ideas, lovely!

Once you get the annoying 8 player stuff out of the way you can just boost with 3. One as Jason and the other 2 as counsellors. Help each other to find the boat propellor and once the repairs of that massive grind are out of the way the biggest grind begins. 1000 Jason match grind. I did them with a friend and we spent an hour or 2 a day having some days off to keep our sanity. We actually had some amazing laughs with the many glitches we discovered. The best by far was when mitch the hippy counsellor ended up on top of the car dancing and car surfing for miles while the other 2 inside were driving it full speed. They slammed on and he flew into the side of a cabin head first. I near pissed myself ? 

Also if you do plat it, you can then get on the other EU or NA version and watch all those horrible grindy trophies auto pop after playing one match or killing one counsellor :) it was so satisfying! 

1 hour ago, Warmachine0341 said:

Are people still playing this enough you can easily find full matches?

If you mean the public match, yes a lot of people still play it. Just make sure you're on a dedicated server. For often, when I was on the non-dedicated server, there weren't enough people in the lobby so I waited too long time, still not people showing up there, then I quit to the main menu and start to search and found the "dedicated server" with a full lobby. There's almost always full active online on weekends. 

Edited by r3viladdict

2 hours ago, r3viladdict said:

If you mean the public match, yes a lot of people still play it. Just make sure you're on a dedicated server. For often, when I was on the non-dedicated server, there weren't enough people in the lobby so I waited too long time, still not people showing up there, then I quit to the main menu and start to search and found the "dedicated server" with a full lobby. There's almost always full active online on weekends. 

All of this is very helpful. Please keep it coming!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, r3viladdict said:

Is it easier to use one server over the other?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, goatman_1984 said:

Ive been trying to find people to boost with for a long time but no luck

I will set up a session when the time arises, but for now I am looking for info from people that did this successfully so I can emulate it. Thanks for your interest! I will note your id for the future.

• Like 1

JASON MATCHES:

Find a reliable partner and alternate 10 Jason matches each on Packanack small.

Meet up at the lodge. 

Make sure to select Vanessa as the counselor.

Only quick kills. Eye gouge or head punch.

• 2 weeks later...

Car and boat repairs - 1v1 - if you're Jason help find parts and call them out with your morph ability. Do this as Part 2 Jason for his faster morph regeneration.

Tommy Jarvis trophy - usually it'll randomly pick who is Tommy, but you can manually choose by simply making everyone kill themselves and then killing the person who needs to be Tommy, this way it isn't RNG.

When going for 1K Jason matches use Part 5 Jason for his quicker outro scene and use the head punch kill for quicker kills. Do these matches 1v1 nothing more or else you're wasting time.

For 90% of the trophies only use the Packanack map in the small variation for quicker matches, part finding and for better memorization.

For non RNG boat spawns/repairs use the map Jarvis House, otherwise you're not guaranteed a boat spawn every match/map.

For easier car repairs use Packanack map in the small variation again, small map, 2 cars = 4 repairs every match.

For the sweater trophy and 13 sweater stuns use Packanack map in the small variation also since Jason's shack has 2 very easily memorable spawns. If the boat house spawns at spawn A the shack is at spawn B, simple.

Shock Jockey can be boosted in 1 and half matches as opposed to grinding it like the other get 100 X repairs etc.

For 13 police escapes make sure you escape on foot or else the escape won't count.

Edited by Twystical
  • Like 1