Boosting suggestions needed for this game

The post above mine is the best one so far. He says everything that must be done to optimize the insane amount of boosting.

You can do public matches for 8 players trophy. You will need a little bit of luck because people might disconect before you kill them as Jason; also requires some practice. 

Best advice I can give is creating a boosting session here, but use this boosting session as a way to organize a chat group on psn. I was in a 40 players chat and it was very easy to find someone to boost with. Make some friends too! And find at least one reliable person to grind matches and Jason kills. As said before, 1v1 is the best way to do it, switch/rotate Jason every match because you never know when someone needs to stop playing. In the end, usually everyone needs Jason matches/kills. Most people will have to play way more than 1000 times as counselors, but it's usually how it works. 

Edit: getting 100 boat repairs was the worst trophy for me, even being good at spoting the propeller. It isn't glitched as someone said here, just tricky to spot, that is, if it isn't in both main houses, where it has its only and set spawn location. An opened cabin with a unnoticed propeller ruins that match, or at least make it much longer. I did most of my repairs with a single friend being Jason, he had the trophy prior to meeting me, fastest guy on this game I have ever met! And speed doing everything in F13 is the best way to spproach it. Always play with Vanessa and Jason 5 when boosting matches, it's a must, and so it is the decapitation (head punch) kill, unless you grab the counselor right at some generic scenario interactive kills, those with Jason smashing their head against the wall/table, it's even faster than the head punch. But this is usefull only if Jason doesnt need to walk after the grab, two steps make this technique not worth it. Also, note that Jason can teleport sooner than you'd think, I used to teleport right away to our meeting place, that worked just fine, many times resulting in a 10 seconds match. This was only surpassed by a Jason who could read properly the bubbles and always guess right the counselor spawn place (communication here is usefull, but soon becomes boring), and this kind of teleportation skill was extremely rare in my experience.

I rarely used voice chat with my two closest boosting partners, we didn't want to talk for hours and hours straigh, you know? But each to their own, the chat could be the only fun thing you will have in this final and longest part of the platinum journey. I suggest using Spotify or anything that makes the game bearable. Focus and speed always. Packanack small is everyone's favorite, but Crystal Lake Small have the shortest intro cutscene, it might be worth if mastered. Last thing: the host should always press "start match" before selecting the map and switching Jason, you do it in 3 seconds and curse the remaining 7 seconds of the countdown. I used to be a permanent host and felt the responsability of being as fast as possible. Seconds matter when you play 20 seconds or so and wait for 2 minutes between load screens and cutscenes. 

Edited by GravityQueeen
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2019 at 3:18 AM, GravityQueeen said:

The post above mine is the best one so far. He says everything that must be done to optimize the insane amount of boosting.

You can do public matches for 8 players trophy. You will need a little bit of luck because people might disconect before you kill them as Jason; also requires some practice. 

Best advice I can give is creating a boosting session here, but use this boosting session as a way to organize a chat group on psn. I was in a 40 players chat and it was very easy to find someone to boost with. Make some friends too! And find at least one reliable person to grind matches and Jason kills. As said before, 1v1 is the best way to do it, switch/rotate Jason every match because you never know when someone needs to stop playing. In the end, usually everyone needs Jason matches/kills. Most people will have to play way more than 1000 times as counselors, but it's usually how it works. 

Edit: getting 100 boat repairs was the worst trophy for me, even being good at spoting the propeller. It isn't glitched as someone said here, just tricky to spot, that is, if it isn't in both main houses, where it has its only and set spawn location. An opened cabin with a unnoticed propeller ruins that match, or at least make it much longer. I did most of my repairs with a single friend being Jason, he had the trophy prior to meeting me, fastest guy on this game I have ever met! And speed doing everything in F13 is the best way to spproach it. Always play with Vanessa and Jason 5 when boosting matches, it's a must, and so it is the decapitation (head punch) kill, unless you grab the counselor right at some generic scenario interactive kills, those with Jason smashing their head against the wall/table, it's even faster than the head punch. But this is usefull only if Jason doesnt need to walk after the grab, two steps make this technique not worth it. Also, note that Jason can teleport sooner than you'd think, I used to teleport right away to our meeting place, that worked just fine, many times resulting in a 10 seconds match. This was only surpassed by a Jason who could read properly the bubbles and always guess right the counselor spawn place (communication here is usefull, but soon becomes boring), and this kind of teleportation skill was extremely rare in my experience.

I rarely used voice chat with my two closest boosting partners, we didn't want to talk for hours and hours straigh, you know? But each to their own, the chat could be the only fun thing you will have in this final and longest part of the platinum journey. I suggest using Spotify or anything that makes the game bearable. Focus and speed always. Packanack small is everyone's favorite, but Crystal Lake Small have the shortest intro cutscene, it might be worth if mastered. Last thing: the host should always press "start match" before selecting the map and switching Jason, you do it in 3 seconds and curse the remaining 7 seconds of the countdown. I used to be a permanent host and felt the responsability of being as fast as possible. Seconds matter when you play 20 seconds or so and wait for 2 minutes between load screens and cutscenes. 

Someone made a post about the game’s last patch affecting environmental kills. Is that accurate?

34 minutes ago, VoidVictory said:

Someone made a post about the game’s last patch affecting environmental kills. Is that accurate?

I just read the post you mentioned ("PhD in murder still attainable with the broken patch", I think this was the name) and, honestly, I couldn't understand what the guy really meant with broken patch because it wasn't detailed. I platted Friday the 13th in March; after that, I deleted the game, so I can't tell right now if there was any patch to begin with. If I had to guess, I bet there's no problem at all with the trophy, as even that post's author said, and more: maybe he had problems in keeping track of the environmental kills he had performed, but just maybe...

Why are you worried anyways??

Edit: If there was a patch, and if it brough any issues, I'm sure they will fix it. The game has a history of patches always improving it or fixing bugs, they still take care of their game.

Edited by GravityQueeen

26 minutes ago, GravityQueeen said:

I just read the post you mentioned ("PhD in murder still attainable with the broken patch", I think this was the name) and, honestly, I couldn't understand what the guy really meant with broken patch because it wasn't detailed. I platted Friday the 13th in March; after that, I deleted the game, so I can't tell right now if there was any patch to begin with. If I had to guess, I bet there's no problem at all with the trophy, as even that post's author said, and more: maybe he had problems in keeping track of the environmental kills he had performed, but just maybe...

Why are you worried anyways??

Edit: If there was a patch, and if it brough any issues, I'm sure they will fix it. The game has a history of patches always improving it or fixing bugs, they still take care of their game.

The company that made the game was sued, so this is likely the last patch.