Upcoming features for the #PS4 UI coming.

tlal_q8_22

8 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I would be surprised if this was true given how we're nearing the end of this generation now and I figured Sony would be focusing on making the PS5 the best it can be. It has been quite a long time since we last got a substantial PS4 UI update and that made me think that they were pretty much done trying to improve it. Plus, we've been asking for things like trophy progression, game gifting, etc,  for ages, so it seems too good to be true that they would all arrive at the same time. I'd love to be wrong, though.

tbf, people have been wanting name changes for over a decade, and it finally came. So, I hope very much these ui changes are true. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I would be surprised if this was true given how we're nearing the end of this generation now and I figured Sony would be focusing on making the PS5 the best it can be. It has been quite a long time since we last got a substantial PS4 UI update and that made me think that they were pretty much done trying to improve it. Plus, we've been asking for things like trophy progression, game gifting, etc,  for ages, so it seems too good to be true that they would all arrive at the same time. I'd love to be wrong, though.

Logically, the CPU and UI codebase probably shares a lot of architecture between the PS4 and the next gen machine, especially if they’re already touting backward compatibility. 

Because of that, it makes sense to beta test those features (game gifting and trophy progression) on the current install base of PS4s so that it’s ready for the launch of the new console.

• Like 3

It's fine where it is right now.

The PS4 interface is drastically different now than it was in November 2013. A lot of improvements have been made to it over the past few years that have improved the interface and navigation. Plus a couple features that were added I was quite pleased with.

That being said, I will not be buying the Playstation 5 at launch. If it offers backwards compatibility in native 4K resolution and 30/60 FPS, whoop dee fucking do. Sony is really going to have to impress me if I'm going to purchase the new console within 1 - 2 years after launch.

Plus with the way they handled anime games these past couple years and the decline in the variety of genres, they are going to have to turn things around and offer a bit more originality for their lineup. A bunch of third person and first person open world/shooter games with realistic looking graphics isn't good enough for me.

• Like 2

Would love to have a wishlist. It would be so handy to be able to add all the games i want to one place so i can monitor their price drops and sales without having to scroll through each entry in the increasingly repetitive sales. There's only so many times i can log in to see the new sales only to be met with the hundredth identical EA sale of the year before i just stop bothering. I used to be almost exclusively digital but i'm increasingly physical lately. I just can't be bothered with that crap. Most games can be delivered to my front door faster then they can download and for cheaper so Sony really needs to go all in with the convenience angle if they want me to come back.

• Like 1

Ehm... I'm hoping it's not me but... Isn't there already a wishlist option available on PSN?

If I go to https://store.playstation.com there's a little heart icon... That's the wishlist... No?

Trophy Progression would be nice!

Gifting would be a very welcome addition as well - albeit I'd not use it because I wouldn't know who to gift something or who'd ever gift me something :P

I'd love accurate logs though so I can actually see how much time I spent playing one game. I really like that about Steam as well.

13 hours ago, Terarded said:

Would love to have a wishlist. It would be so handy to be able to add all the games i want to one place so i can monitor their price drops and sales without having to scroll through each entry in the increasingly repetitive sales. There's only so many times i can log in to see the new sales only to be met with the hundredth identical EA sale of the year before i just stop bothering. I used to be almost exclusively digital but i'm increasingly physical lately. I just can't be bothered with that crap. Most games can be delivered to my front door faster then they can download and for cheaper so Sony really needs to go all in with the convenience angle if they want me to come back.

There is already a wishlist I think this new ui is saying others can view and buy u stuff from it

44 minutes ago, Viper said:

Who is Tidux though? 

This all sounds too good to be true...but I'd be all for it. Especially trophy progression, Xbox has had it for Achievements for years now.

Tidux is know to be a “PlayStation insider”. He shares infos around PlayStation and they turn out to be true.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

4 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

I thought Tidux was a phony but he apparently teased username change months before the actual announcement.

4 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

Tidux is know to be a “PlayStation insider”. He shares infos around PlayStation and they turn out to be true.

Hmmm, well I guess that's pretty promising then. I guess we'll see eventually. Maybe in the 7.00 Firmware.

6 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

There is already a wishlist I think this new ui is saying others can view and buy u stuff from it

There is? Do you mean on the PS4? I think i've seen one on the app (or was it vita?) but that doesn't do much for me without being on the console where i actually get/browse the games

5 hours ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

I hope to not sound silly but what would trophy progression be? Is that like a % of a trophy you've earned?

Example:

[Bronze] kill 500 enemies with gun  : 45/500

[Gold] complete the game on hard difficulty : 0/1

it is very helpful to track the action that has no in game indicator and you could know the potential trophy glitch before hand because this number will not progress etc.

Edited by FielVeredus
  • Like 2