Upcoming features for the #PS4 UI coming.

tlal_q8_22

16 minutes ago, FielVeredus said:

Example:

[Bronze] kill 500 enemies with gun  : 45/500

[Gold] complete the game on hard difficulty : 0/1

it is very helpful to track the action that has no in game indicator and you could know the potential trophy glitch before hand because this number will not progress etc.

I think Xbox got this feature, glad we might finally get it too.

Trophy progress gauges are a good thing... hopefully this isn't BS. It shouldn't be too hard for Sony to do. That said, there isn't much else I'd change with the interface.

I'm pretty sure I'll be waiting to see what PS5 offers (and also what issues it may have) before I get one. I think Sony should keep PS5 using the same dashboard that PS4 uses... it's not broken, so why would they need to radically change it? I don't see the need for a DualShock 5- just keep using the DS4.

Edited by gameoverDude189

1 hour ago, Nightstream88 said:

It would also be nice to be able to sort out on what is a demo and what isn't. Then have the option to delete them.

You cannot delete purchases out of your account, but you can hide betas and demos from your PS4 purchased library. 

If you mean hiding completely the demos and betas on our PSN profile’s games list, well yes I’d want it. While you can hide those games from people to see, I want those gone from my view, period.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

If it turns out to be true then great, especially the time log feature, although as it has already been said previously, this “potential” update is far too late considering the PS5 will only around the corner. But my guess would be this stuff is already implemented the upcoming console so they’re pushing it over to the PS4. 

On 11/05/2019 at 1:24 AM, Spaz said:

It's fine where it is right now.

The PS4 interface is drastically different now than it was in November 2013. A lot of improvements have been made to it over the past few years that have improved the interface and navigation. Plus a couple features that were added I was quite pleased with.

That being said, I will not be buying the Playstation 5 at launch. If it offers backwards compatibility in native 4K resolution and 30/60 FPS, whoop dee fucking do. Sony is really going to have to impress me if I'm going to purchase the new console within 1 - 2 years after launch.

Plus with the way they handled anime games these past couple years and the decline in the variety of genres, they are going to have to turn things around and offer a bit more originality for their lineup. A bunch of third person and first person open world/shooter games with realistic looking graphics isn't good enough for me.

Yeah, the way they are handling censorship and Japanese games means I'm not in day 1 this time. For current gen trophy progression would be fantastic. Gifting games to people us a no brainer for them.

• Like 1

what's the ability to pin game's in the dashboard is for?

so they can stay in the front forever so you can access them right away instead of scrolling all the way to the right? I had no problems with this as I made folders and add the games in each one of them in an alphabetical order.

to me Trophies Progression and Games Timelog / Status, would be cool.

Fucking FINALLY, trophy progression. I've been asking for an XBL-like system on that for SO long. Jesus, thank you. Finally grindy plats will be easier to track. Timelog and Stats are also VERY nice, so I can know how much time I've wasted on my games.

Some of you seem like you define the PS4 lifespan as ending on the day PS5 is released. If you all just throw your PS4 in the garbage or out the window or whatever you apparently do when the next console is released, maybe think about just giving them to someone who will probably actually keep using it for years and years longer, including these rumored features. It wasn’t THAT long ago that the PS3 stopped being produced and sold and there are still a significant number of us that are still purchasing PS3 games. The same will happen with PS4. 

Wow, that progression thing would be so good for trophies like Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic since you wouldn't have to rely on ancient and neglected game servers to track your trophy progression anymore. I saw so many people lose their minds about that one that I left alone GTA IV for good.

Edited by GTRP_Lancerlover