United We Stand

So I tried doing the exploit for this trophy where you kill the boss and then, before turning in the mission, you exit your game, assign a second controller to make a co-op game, THEN turn in the mission. However this did not work for me.

is there a hidden level requirement to this trophy, similar to the “There’s No I In Team” trophy? This is my last trophy for the main game and would love to have a shiny new platinum. :(

I got this trophy by inviting my alt account into my game, then let it sit idle whilst I re-killed the Rakk Hive boss. The exploit you're referring to has almost certainly been fixed for the PS4 version of Borderlands, because I've yet to find anyone who has gotten it to work where "United We Stand" is concerned.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

Yeah I did what you did too and it didn't work. You have to be in the Split Screen game when the killing blow is landed on the boss. I did it on Sledge in Playthrough 2...and when the exploit didn't work, I reloaded the game in Split Screen and killed him again. 

It's not a big deal other than the fact that Borderlands has always scaled it's difficulty when you add more people to the mix...so you will be one man fighting against Bandits and a boss that's stronger because he's meant for 2 people. But it's perfectly doable. 

Unfortunately doesn’t seem to be a doable thing for me. Does it just have to be a co-op game with 2 characters at ANY level, or can they be different levels and still kill the boss and get the trophy?

I have a level 69 fully leveled and geared Siren I’d love to introduce to those bastards...

7 minutes ago, KoeichiHero said:

Unfortunately doesn’t seem to be a doable thing for me. Does it just have to be a co-op game with 2 characters at ANY level, or can they be different levels and still kill the boss and get the trophy?

I have a level 69 fully leveled and geared Siren I’d love to introduce to those bastards...

U can use a dummy account and have it join you then start your game go to 1 of the listed  boss kill it while ur dummy account sits somewhere safe or if you really wanna get revenge make a dummy account have your max character join that game and tank your way to 1 of the named bosses for the trophy and watch them explode. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

U can use a dummy account and have it join you then start your game go to 1 of the listed  boss kill it while ur dummy account sits somewhere safe or if you really wanna get revenge make a dummy account have your max character join that game and tank your way to 1 of the named bosses for the trophy and watch them explode. 

Why didn’t I think of this?! Thank you!