What Platinum Trophies are you Most Proud of?

Oh boy pride... I mainly play "easy" games but if it's about feeling of accomplishments i would go with these : 

1L21da88.png   and  1L2dad8b.png

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition and Devil May Cry 5 : I really worked for these platinums , it required of me to "git gud" for S ranks and bloody palace in DMC4 ,learn jump cancels and intricate combos and I really felt one major sense of accomplishment when I nailed both of them. Pretty awesome experience overall.

1L1e2a80.png

For Honor : While the platinum is not hard to get, I am proud of it because it's my first Multiplayer Based platinum (and I am a dedicated single player person) . Also I did all the trophies without help or boosting, just picking Warden and Deus Vulting across the game modes as good as I was able to. Whoever played this game knows how dead Deathmatch and Elimination are . Getting 20 wins there is... not a fun thing.

And last but not least

1L4219e9.png

The Bard's Tale : Why ? Because it's one of my favourite video games ever, it has the wittiest dialogue in a videogame ( god bless Carey Elwes) and I actually skipped work when I heard they patched those stupid map trophies (the plat was unobtainable for  a while). I'd replay it for trophies again if they were to re-release it xD 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

FFXIII - This took many many hours of grinding to get that treasure hunter trophy with some fairly tough bosses

Tales of Vesperia Master- this platinum took forever, about 125 hours and needed almost every nook and cranny of the game to be completed, from sidequests, mini games and treasure chests to touching all the save points, completing the monster and item books and wearing bunny ears for 5 ours. It asked for so much, but I felt really accomplished when I got it.

FF12: This was not too hard, but I loved the game and found the tough bosses and opportunity for strategic battles fun. It took 90 hours as well, which is not quick.

Tales of Xillia 2 and Tales of Berseria- both of these were long and grindy taking 120 hours each. Xillia 2 was more challenging with the battle challenge trophies, but both needed a lot of effort, time and dedication to put up with the long grind. 

• Like 2

Final Fantasy XIV. The one and only game I truely enjoy and played everything and got everything because I enjoyed it.

Burnout Paradise...! It is far from the hardest I got, nor will it be the hardest I ever get BUT it was my first platinum. Right after I started being a real trophy hunter. It took me many years to get there despite I played on PSN since the ever first beginning.

• Like 1

Everybody's Golf (PS Vita)

1Lf33fa6.png

All our thanks to Everybody's Golfers!

Didn't think I could ever get this platinum as the game was so hard at some point. Seeing the plat rarity somewhere around 1.30% didn't surprise me. There was a sudden difficulty spike in the silver rank tournaments. I kept driving the ball into ravines, water hazards and bunkers and from bunkers the ball rolled into ravines, water hazards or into other bunkers. The greens destroyed my game when I reached them. Sometimes when I was playing well it took just one minor error to drop from the first place to the last in the tournament.

But that didn't discourage me. I kept trying and learning to play better and eventually I managed to win the tournaments and all the special challenges. I managed to get the albatross too which was the last trophy required for platinum. 

I enjoyed the game immensely and it felt great to finally overcome all the challenges after several months of practicing. Because of the effort it took and seeing how I had improved, I think this is easily the platinum I'm most proud of.

• Like 2

The ones I'm most proud of are Skyrim and Dragon Age Origins.

Skyrim because I've sunk so many hours into and it's definitely one of the games that made me into the gamer that I am today

Dragon Age Origins because it was one of the first games I played on the PS3. Many games come and go but Dragon Age has always been one of my favorite games of all time, easily in the top 5. On top of that you need to do at least 3 playthroughs to get all the trophies. One of the trophies (setting foot in every area in the game) is a trophy that many people need to use guides to achieve but I got it organically without one because I just love the game that much and played as much of it as I could. This was also before I became a trophy hunter so I didn't play it that much for the trophies, I played it that much because I loved the game. I recently went back and mopped up the last couple trophies I needed to get the plat but almost everything was already done before I did that.

• Like 2

The Escapists: The Walking Dead -

I had to work a very consistent yet random bug that crashed the game and would make me lose progress. Long story short, I had 2 in games days to beat a level that required good RNG and more time then I had to complete. I was able to get past the glitched section with my pure skill in the game and a little luck. It felt SO good when I beat that part because it felt nearly impossible.

Bayonetta -

First game I ever earned a trophy in and it's my most recent platinum at the time I'm writing this.

Hyperdimension Neptunia (the PS3 original) -

It wasn't what I expected since I played Victory first. After I got used to it's jank I quickly became infected with it's Nep charm. There is no other Neptunia quite like it. I don't recommend this one for new Neptunia players.

Yomowari: Night Alone -

First pure horror game I ever platinumed. I don't handle scary games well so this was a huge accomplishment.

Valkyria Chronicles 4 -

It's my favorite game ever and it was a good challenge. Nico is best girl.

A Hat in Time -

Muurderr.

Fallout: New Vegas -

Less buggy then 76 but still very buggy. The game would slow down to 1 frame every 10 seconds and could only be fixed by restarting the game. The game was still fantastic. Even played it again for fun after the platinum. Will play it again someday.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater -

Not the most impressive Metal Gear platinum but my favorite.I played the 3DS version so much I had to platinum it. 4th most played thing on my 3DS, it was only beaten by Netflix, the Internet browser and Fire Emblem Goodness Damn Fucking Awakening. I would platinum Fire Emblem Awakening but it's a Nintendo game.

Minecraft (PS3) -

It was the start of my terrible life decisio- I mean my fabulous career has a trophy hunter.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva (series) -

I wanted to remind people that Vocaloids still exist. Vocaloids still exist. I really enjoy the games and find them changing. I would have put Project Diva X as my plat but I don't have it yet because I need to "get good." If you're reading this around six months in the future and don't feel like checking if I got it, I have it... Probably.

Edit: The only edits above this point were made to make this look less shit. The content is the same and I even left in the spelling errors. I'm also surprised that nobody has mentioned a Dark Souls game yet.

Edited by SixyLove
I wanted to make it look less shit.
  • Like 1

For me all of my proudest platinum are about my personal achievement rather then about the hardship or rarity of it.

while Jak and Dexter was my first plat, Heavy Rain was the first game I ever started with the intention of platting it never matter what, getting the plat together with the experience this game gave me really affected me.

The Witcher 3 was the first game I ever returned to (a year later) in order to plat it and it was one of my best decision ever, the 200 hours I invested in order to 100% the game was the most enjoyable I ever had.

LA Noire was a game I started 3 times before I finally had the dedication and time to plat it without giving up in the middle of it.

Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel was the first game I invested almost 3 playthroughs which at he start of the journey sounded to me like something I will never do.

I guess I have few more stories like this but those are the major ones I can think of.

Most of my good platinums are on my other profiles. I'll list a few from those and then list from my current profile:

Old profiles:

3D Dot Game Heroes - I literally backflipped off the giant pillow I was sitting on when I finally finished the dash circuits

Dark Souls 3 - I was co oping this with my bf before we were dating and I'm so proud that I basically went from having no clue how to play to absolutely decimating everything in my path. If only I could do the same in Nioh.

I want to redo both of these games on my current profile. Eventually.

Current profile:

Yooka Kaylee - tried to give up on this game but my mind wouldn't let me let go until I got it done

Persona 4 Golden - I've been having a hell of a time sticking to one game for any length of time lately. But when I was playing this gem, I couldn't put it down. The story is amazing. Yes I was following a guide for most of it, but I actually find that in itself kinda fun too because I can see the progress I'm making moreso than if I was playing blind.

Beyond: Two Souls Back in 2014 the ps3 version of the game became my first ever platinum, when it comes to games with multiple endings I don't usually bother with trying to see them all but with this game I played through it, got a few of the trophies myself & after that play through I was gonna leave it as it was until my younger sister started a play though on my console but she only want about half way through & then didn't bother with continuing the save she had so I decided to carry on. As time went on & I was getting more of the achievements I thought to myself I'll try to get the platinum & do all the endings. 5 years later I did replay the game on the ps4 as it was released for that console & getting the platinum on that version I thought to myself it was as hard to get the platinum as I thought.

Final Fantasy X have been a fan of the Final Fantasy series for a few years now but when 10 came out originally on the ps2 I wasn't a fan of that particular game in the series till I actually sat down & played it. When it was remastered for the ps3/ps4 & ps vita & was given a trophy list I thought to myself I just had to get the platinum for it. To get the platinum required having to do the mini game dodging 200 lightning bolts in a row which gave an achievement as well as an item to upgrade Lulu's celestial weapon which I was never able to do before & there was also doing the butterfly mini game in Macalania Woods which gave an item to upgrade Kimahri's celestial weapon as well which I also never did in the original version of the game, always managed to struggle with doing those but this time round I was able to do them & defeating Dark Yojimbo as I always had trouble doing that as well in the ps2 version. So I'm not just pleased I got the platinum for the game but I'm also pleased I was able to do stuff in the game that I never got to do before

Mirror’s Edge

1L88ae8c.png

Over The Edge

My least favorite objective in a trophy run: the speedrun. This list has 10 of them. Yet, it felt good accomplishing each one. The game itself is all about speeding your way to the goal in swift fashion anyway, but within the game’s set time limits, you really get to learn your surroundings and how to properly move Faith in new ways. Moving through the game like I’m “one-hit” extracts a new riveting way to play AND it looks cool.

I’d do it again.

• Like 4

I guess I'm proud of my Killzone Mercenary plat as I did all the multiplayer trophies legit online against other players. Getting the 10 kill streak in multiplayer for me was extremely difficult.

I'm also pretty pleased with my Call Of Duty: Declassified plat as there were many difficult trophies in there for me.

And LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet Vita plats as I did all those legit with no boosting as well, plus acing all the levels was time consuming and annoying!

• Star Trek Online (grind)

• Umbrella Corps (grind)

• Warhawk (mega grind)

• Skyrim (my favourite game)

• GTA3 (didn’t use any cheats, was the only game of the trilogy I never got 100% on back in my ps2 days)

• Kung Fury: Street Rage (doesn’t have a platinum but god damn, it should have! *headache*)

Edited by MiamiNights89

6 hours ago, LordBilbanes said:

Brightblade, just how difficult is that Ninja Gaiden game.  Now that I have a Vita, I find myself wanting to fill my Vita library with games.

I have NGS+, NGS2 and NG3 RE and it's the hardest of the three, especially a couple challenges like Unearthed Challenge, which is pure random BS, took me a lot of attempts, and also the touch screen for bow control adds another step in difficulty, but I did UN1-3 in NGS2 with Sergen, so the two games might be close if one does Team Missions in NGS2 without the help of a pro. I'd say it's my hardest plat so far with NGS2 and DMC4SE as close second.

Edited by Brightblade76

Horizon: Zero Dawn. First Platinum trophy. I enjoyed playing this game so much I decided to take it all the way. Still need to finish off Frozen Wilds DLC and NG+ for 100% one day.

Modern Warfare Remastered. After something close to 7 hours trying to get Mile High Club how can I not be proud?