Not sure what’s going on here

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Started with the game today, complete newbie to the rhythm genre and made the mistake of thinking I could clear Hard with 50%+ of Perfect Notes to get it out of the way. Nevermind that I can't even hit 20% notes perfectly, I can't even finish the level with all Support modifiers active. This is going to be a platinum breaker for me, or at least it will take me significant time to get better which is a bit difficult considering I can't even comprehend what's happening on the screen on Hard difficulty, and practicing on easier difficulties won't prepare me for what Hard has to offer.

I wish the guide would mention that the difficulty can fluctuate somewhat, 3/10 is way too low in my opinion. Personally, I'd rate the game 5/10 due to the Perfect Crime trophy alone.

10 hours ago, Willreaper41 said:

Really? I thought it was way easier than 4 and way shorter since it didn't have a story at all, which was kind of disappointing. The songs are different though, maybe just try playing with the difficulty and settings, don't remember it being difficulty specific.

Interesting, your opinion on the game's difficulty seems to be generally shared online, and it could well be that it's just me being overwhelmed seeing so many notes on the screen at the same time, panicking and button mashing. I'll have ro revisit the Hard difficulty a bit later after getting familiar with an easier song on Normal to build the muscle memory.

If you happen to have a recommendation on which song is a good one to pick up for the Hard difficulty trophy, I'd appreciate it, otherwise I'll have to go by the game's song-rating system and pick one which is marked as less difficult to power through.

26 minutes ago, l33sar54 said:

Interesting, your opinion on the game's difficulty seems to be generally shared online, and it could well be that it's just me being overwhelmed seeing so many notes on the screen at the same time, panicking and button mashing. I'll have ro revisit the Hard difficulty a bit later after getting familiar with an easier song on Normal to build the muscle memory.

If you happen to have a recommendation on which song is a good one to pick up for the Hard difficulty trophy, I'd appreciate it, otherwise I'll have to go by the game's song-rating system and pick one which is marked as less difficult to power through.

Groovy is the shortest song from what I remember, you can also use modifiers to slow the speed down on songs

• Like 1

Guess I wasn't in the right mindset yesterday when I was trying because I managed to get Perfect Crime today. If anyone is struggling with it, I'd recommend to use song called Keeper of Lust which has 521 notes, and on my first try with all Support Modifiers enabled (plus one Challenge Modifier called "Notes are super-slow") I managed to hit 307 Perfect notes.

I'd still say that for someone who doesn't have any experience with rhythm games, this game could be a bit challenging before you get at least slightly. Not a 5/10 perhaps as I mentioned yesterday but the learning curve definitely exists.

• 3 months later...

For anyone reading this and just starting.

Start on Easy, get comfortable with songs, their beats and find some you both enjoy listening to and can nail. Whilst unlocking the ‘Good don’t End combo’ and ‘Auto-scratch modifiers’.

Then move up to Normal, repeat the above and move onto Hard for the songs you’re good at. Ignore All Night other than the trophy, it adds a tonne of note combo’s that didn’t exist before and the notes completely ignore the beat of the song most times.

I personally found Haru’s first song easiest to get 50% Perfect Clear on Hard for, I even managed King Crazy, though once the beat drops 1/3 in there’s an absolute barrage of notes and it’ll probably hurt your eyes.

Edited by ChanelOberlin494