Does it get easier?

VoidVictorious

Not really a build suggestion, but you can abuse the quit-out strategy. Just close the game while dying and try again. That way you can at least get familiar with the fight and learn it. Because doing an hour run to die in 10 seconds doesn't really get you anywhere.

I killed him with a double-shot bow and two crossbow turrets. 5/20/5 or smth. Here's a video

Edited by Akrioz

Save quit helps saves a lot of time. For weapons I went for 2 Wings of the Crow and you can cheese him by staying above him using the cooldowns right, you will want to reduce your cooldowns as much as you can

Edited by Narfi525

7 hours ago, VoidVictorious said:

I have unlocked quite a bit, but I got my butt handed to me at the hand of the king? Any good build suggestions with the current update or prep work. I have all permanent upgrades unlocked.

Personally, I think the way to go is to specifically aim for all weapons / traps to be based off a single stat (I generally prefer red to blue) and max that stat as far as possible at the expense of the others.

Doing this, and deliberately choosing the longest path possible to get to the king (check for a ‘map’ online to pick the slowest route) you can reasonably expect your stats to be something like 6 green, 1 blue, 23 Red.

since you have all permanent upgrades, you will have enough healing things to not need a bunch of health, and you should be taking out the elites with a good red weapon in a couple of hits, so just wail on the King’s Hand and heal when you need.

Note - this is a strategy that worked for me, and I’m not great at timing dodges etc, but I should disclose - I have so far not managed to get through with any boss stem cells - this is just for first time through, I’ve not played in a while, and I can’t confirm viability in NG+ onwards. 

6 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Personally, I think the way to go is to specifically aim for all weapons / traps to be based off a single stat (I generally prefer red to blue) and max that stat as far as possible at the expense of the others.

Doing this, and deliberately choosing the longest path possible to get to the king (check for a ‘map’ online to pick the slowest route) you can reasonably expect your stats to be something like 6 green, 1 blue, 23 Red.

since you have all permanent upgrades, you will have enough healing things to not need a bunch of health, and you should be taking out the elites with a good red weapon in a couple of hits, so just wail on the King’s Hand and heal when you need.

Note - this is a strategy that worked for me, and I’m not great at timing dodges etc, but I should disclose - I have so far not managed to get through with any boss stem cells - this is just for first time through, I’ve not played in a while, and I can’t confirm viability in NG+ onwards. 

I think things have changed because the enemies scale much higher with scrolls. Any must have targets for using the Hunter’s grenade?

On 5/13/2019 at 8:10 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

I finally beat the hand. Any tips on cell modes?

On 5/13/2019 at 11:46 AM, VoidVictorious said:

I think things have changed because the enemies scale much higher with scrolls. Any must have targets for using the Hunter’s grenade?

Enemies do not scale with scrolls anymore they got rid of that because it was punishing you for getting scrolls now they just scale off cells.

On 5/17/2019 at 0:29 PM, VoidVictorious said:

Anybody have any tips?

You can save a copy your save file, so before a boss quit out to main menu and copy your save file over to 2nd slot and 3rd slot for safety, load up if you die.

• 2 weeks later...

Just started playing... I am 18 runs in and am getting my ass destroyed in the Ossuary. I had 1 fantastic run where I made it to the Hand of the King but died when he was at halfway health. I can't imagine how much more difficult the game becomes with the boss cells. May be one of those games where I'm just not good enough but I'll keep plucking away at it since it really is incredibly fun. 

On 5/30/2019 at 3:49 PM, DaikichiKawachi said:

I stopped playing after the update because it felt like a different game and I didn't like it. I think the changes make it a lot more inaccessible for new players. I have a bit of an itch to get back to it though.

The new update completely sucks!

I just got the no hit and cursed sword trophies last night for hotk I used a level 7++ explosive crossbow and then 2 of the turrets cant remember their exact names at + the 1 that inflicts bleed and the 1 the arrow shooter you gry pretty early. Took me 90 minutes of using the quit exploit but it all comes down to learning when to dodge and when to jump with that boss. Granted the 2 turrets did a lot of the work but then crossbow would hit for 8-9k when I could get a shot off. I had 2/23/3 for my scrolls so purple stuff was op. Also took the dps near deployable dps after kills and extra ammo for my mutations 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/30/2019 at 0:49 PM, DaikichiKawachi said:

I stopped playing after the update because it felt like a different game and I didn't like it. I think the changes make it a lot more inaccessible for new players. I have a bit of an itch to get back to it though.

I agree. I tried 4BC after the most recent update after a year hiatus and it felt like a completely different - but far less fun - game. Each difficulty level used to feel tough but fair, now 4BC is absurd to the point of comical. 

Edited by Red_HoodXX
  • Like 1