Day's Gone Trophy Tracker should be an industry standard

Pray07

This was something I really came to appreciate when I wanted to know how far along I was with trophies like you've got red on you. I've seen games with trackers like this before, but I can't really recall which games because they're so rare. There are however, a lot of games that do contain trackers for collectibles like HZD and the Arkham series.

Yea, these trackers are awesome. I don't understand why dev don't put the more often. I mean the counters obviously exist in the code so why not show them to us ? :/

Maybe I'm underestimating the time needed to do a menu with trophies/collectibles counters...

That's one thing I hate about trophy hunting on Playstation. Microsoft is waaaay ahead regarding comfortable achievement hunting and I really love having "worthless" achievements for timed events. That's what gets me to play Forza Horizon over and over and over again after reaching 1000GS.

Edited by Silencer0004
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, Riddler535 said:

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood had one back in 2009. Would like to see more games with a trophy tracker.

Sniper: Ghost Warrior as well. I think there are a couple more from those early PS3 days. They are very handy indeed.

Personally, I create trackers in google docs/sheets and then track my trophies by hand. I find it to be some of the fun of gaming (total nerd thing.. I know). However, if this were to become standardized I don't think it would be a bad idea- it would probably reduce glitched trophies or at least give us a little more insight on how to unlock them

3 hours ago, Pray07 said:

I've been playing through Day's Gone at the moment, and while it's not exactly a difficult trophy list, I've really been appreciating the trophy tracker. Being able to see how many more ears I need to collect for example is super useful. 

Would anyone else like to see this become an industry standard feature of AAA games? 

624712125.jpg

(Sorry for the low res image)

Are there many other examples of games doing this? I feel like I've not seen it used much before. 

On Xbox I'd say more than half of games have achievement tracking; you can configure the tracker to appear in the corner of your TV and it tracks % for achievements. It's an optional feature, but more AAA games use it than don't. I concur that it should be standard practice. 

• Like 1

Totally behind that idea. Luckily, a few SIE exclusives I have do just that. Games like Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet2, MotorStorm, etc. have offered this nice feature. 

I think it boils down to what developers think of trophies, in general. If they're not willing to create unique challenges for earning trophies, they're likely not interested in including an in-game progress menu, either. 

Edited by PlanetCheat
Updated

• 3 months later...