Trophy difficulty

Well, since I don't still have my old saves, I'll have to run through the game twice anyway. 

So, in summary:

- use praxis kits when low on energy

- save often and make back-ups

- follow walkthroughs

Thanks! This will surely help me not pull out my remaining hair! 

Can't really tell as I haven't touched it yet. Anyway I loved Human Revolution and was really hyped when I saw MD coming to psplus, however I encountered many opinions on how this game is inferior to previous one so I gave it a pass.

Few days ago I finally decided to give it ago after I'm done with SpiderMan and I've already done some research on the matter of difficulty. There is a lot of missable trophies regarding sidequests so it's good to keep an eye on the guide for these, no death/pacifist/no alarms run is pretty easy if you have stealth augments and it's only few hours long if you smash through main storyline only. Also you canquit the game to menu whenever you're going to die and reload your save so you won't void no death trophy.

My biggest concern was breach mode but common word is it's, despite trophies rarity, pretty easy as well, just boring, repetitive and time consuming. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Verletzt said:

So, in summary:

- use praxis kits when low on energy

- save often and make back-ups

- follow walkthroughs

Thanks! This will surely help me not pull out my remaining hair! 

Well, first playthrough, you don't need to worry about keeping your Praxis Kits, or saving that often, and you won't need any back-up saves since there's regular checkpoints. That's more for the permadeath playthrough.

First playthrough, follow a walkthrough (the Missables Walkthrough on here is good enough, though you may want an additional one for the eBooks as well, as the walkthrough only has the number of them that are missable in each area), play on Easy and you don't need to worry about much else.

Second playthrough, you should somewhat be familiar with where to go in each mission, so do Permadeath, and then save often and keep your Praxis Kits for when you're low on energy, and basically cloak your way through most of the game without caring about anything else. I would personally recommend doing the "no alerts" on this playthrough as well, because you don't need to worry about dying if enemies never see you, and also because on your first playthrough you'll be doing all side missions, and there's a much higher chance of being spotted. It is possible to do it in your first playthrough though, if you really wanted to.

Hope that makes sense! But if you have any more questions, feel free to ask away and I'll do my best to help! ^_^

• Like 3

Like Kristycism said the platinum isn't difficult just annoying mainly because of breach mode (the games online portion). Breach mode is basically a collection of missions that either ask to interact with a certain number of pillars then escape from the level, kill a certain number of enemies or destroy a mini-boss. Out of these missions, depending on luck the most difficult missions are the mini-boss not because they're truly hard but because of RNG.

You see this mode has loot boxes were you receive equipment, like weapons or items that increase your health/energy (there's a glitch that uses these items to increase your health/energy to almost infinite that reduces a lot of the difficulty since you can just spam powers like stealth cloak all the time). If you're lucky you can get, from the free loot boxes, an s-rank weapon that's powerful enough to complete breach mode with it but if you get a weak weapon then you can reach a roadblock that screws you over. The mini-bosses missions are harder because if your weapon is weak then good luck beating them since they receive little damage. Also, the breach mode ammo isn't refilled at the end of a mission even if you fail, so if you bought a certain amount of ammo, used it all on the boss but failed, in the end, you won't get that ammo back.

If you're planning on playing the game also look for items known as Breach Software during the game's story. There's 30 of them and for every 5 you get a loot box that can help with breach mode (the s-rank rifle that helped me clear breach mode came from these boxes).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Verletzt said:

This game and the barren waste that is my trophy cabinet for said game has taunted me since late 2016. 

How difficult and/or annoying is the platinum to get?

What is this with your Name? "Verletzt" is the german word for "injured".

There's a really good collectible walk-through somewhere on YT (I think that I found it on ps3t.org), or maybe it was a pacifist+collectibles walk-through. 

That with a bit of stealth test and try philosophy and constantly double check the missable missions trophies makes it ok. 

The Perma-death playthrough will be quite easy if you do it after this playthrough, since you will know your way around everything in the game, and can easily just stealth your way through. 

Edit :

This guide (I used tge vids for reference while I played along, I may have used other resources at the same time, since I think that I did Oacifist + Fociest of the Hounds at the same time, but I don't remember). 

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/deus-ex-mankind-divided/295175-ebook-collectible-guide-order-accessibility-text-video.html

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 1

Honestly what killed it for me was the Breach mode.

I plat'd the first Deus Ex and loved the game/story - this one is also no exception and really fun.

As for the difficulty I'd put it around 5-6/10, less and easier if you use a guide for some or all sections but make sure play through the game first for fun then for trophies it's really good.

Coming back to Breach mode - incredibly boring, too long, too pointless, too much of a hassle. I only plat games I really enjoy and like and unfortunately I couldn't force myself through that s*it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kristycism said:

Difficult? Not at all. Even the permadeath mode is easy enough, you just need to reload checkpoints any time you think you're in danger of dying (and you can also back up saves regularly if you want to be extra safe). If you make sure you pick up plenty of Praxis Kits and the...uhm, I forget what they're called but the items that recharge your energy to use your abilities, you can just cloak all the time to sneak past majority of encounters (don't actually use the Praxis Kits for upgrades unless you need a specific upgrade, use them whenever your energy is low as it'll give you a free recharge). I did my "never alert anyone" playthrough at the same time as the permadeath, and it was pretty easy with the item use.

However, it is a very annoying plat. You need two full playthroughs minimum, and there are a tonne of missable trophies. The collectibles are annoying, as there are many points where backtracking is impossible so you can easily miss them, especially since you can't easily track which ones you've got and which you haven't. There are a lot of guides though which will let you get all of the collectibles at the right time, and meet the conditions for the other missables. But you basically have to follow a walkthrough for the entire game to make sure you don't miss them, which takes away a lot of enjoyment.

The other thing is the "don't alert anyone" trophy seems to be buggy for some people. I never personally had an issue with it, but I just made sure I saved before I hacked anything, and before every encounter, and if I messed up the hack even slightly, or if anyone became even slightly alert, I would reload. I think if you get a "Ghost" bonus at the end of each level you should be fine? But others have said they were sure they met the conditions and still didn't get the trophy.

You also need to do some of Breach mode, which a lot of people dislike, though I personally found it fun for a short while, until it became stupidly repetitive. There are ways to cheese it though by giving yourself unlimited health or energy, so you can breeze through most of it fairly quickly.

The collectibles arent that bad imho. Mankind Divided might have much more Ebooks than Human Revolution, but most of them are in the Prague Openworld Hub and can be collected any time. From the 75 you need to collect there are probably like 30 or so missable in the story and side missions with no return, which is around the same amount of missables as Human Revolution had.

The dont alert trophy is also not really buggy. There is a point in the story, where you can decide which charakter you call for help. One of them will trigger an alert, which counts against this trophy IIRC. But the guides should point this out well enough.

The only really annoying thing about this plat is the Breach mode. Adam Jensens quote "I never asked for this" fits pretty well here.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2019-05-25 at 10:00 AM, leoncbn said:

Breach mode is the most painfull trophies in this game, but finally i got my platinum today :)

I got mine today. Actually wasn't too bad. Was lucky on the draw and got an S-rank grenade launcher.