What games have been on your backlog the longest?

Asvinia

Hello fellow people with a backlog problem!

So I recently looked at a few games on my backlog, namely Tales of Graces f, and I looked at the release date 2010/2011. And I bought the collector's edition too. That means that Graces has been sat on my shelf, unplayed for 8 years. And I know for a fact that I have many games that have been on my shelf much, much longer than that.

What game has been sat on your shelf the longest but you never got around to, but that you would still want to play.. one day?

Edited by Asvinia
  • Like 1

Hmmm, and it's a long hmmmmm

I think is probably one of my first psn digital only games.

Mass effect trilogy.

In physical: Red faction Armageddon.

Castlevania Lords of Shadows.

Edit: not sure about the time but definitely more than 5 years ago.

Edited by GoldenShaka

18 minutes ago, xthedestroyer666 said:

3D Dot Game Heroes

That game will be a daunting task to plat, but someday, someday...1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png1f622.png1f622.png1f622.png

Ooohohhh! It’s so good! Really, you’re in for a treat! That game gets really interesting in the ‘FROM’ difficulty

(I’m not taking the piss, I’m serious- it is a whole different kind of fun :) I loved every bit of it... and I still have the western desert theme on my song rotation :))

Incidentally, that would be

• Tales of Graces f 

which I haven’t played in earnest since 2012/2013. It’s the European Day One Edition that I bought at launch. I loved ♡ Richard Graces, however, and while another 5-6 years have passed since I last fired up Graces f, I have every intention to play this again. Soon. That is what I tell myself, at least. I even caved in and bought the Sophie school uniform DLC to make her look more cute. 

And 

• Star Ocean: TLHI

which I haven’t touched since 2011. I can’t use my old saves and continue from where I left off on my last file for obvious reasons but I do remember that... I was supposed to ride a bunny next? (Bunnies ? are the bane of my existence.)

There also is

• Ni no kuni 

which I bought for a family member back at launch but told myself that I’d give it a try myself. Sometime. 

On the bright side ₍˄·͈༝·͈˄₎◞※ there is hope yet! I am actively working on my PS3 absolutely-need-to-(re)play “backlog”, starting with a Resonance of Fate. 

On other platforms, there is

• Bravely Default 

which I imported from PA in 2014 and never even started. I feel like buying this supposedly good game was a waste of my money. The demo left me with a terrible impression. 

• Like 1

Catherine around 5-6 years (Booted it up but never played).. Plenty of other PS3 games like Tales of Graces F, Xillia 1 and 2, Dark Souls 2, Okami.....

Slowly finishing off Ni No Kuni before I get to it (5+ years playing it in bits).

Infamous 2 as well. Hopefully platinum is still obtainable with the online portion.

Edited by Kishnabe

Is this limited to current consoles? I still have SNES games that I haven't started yet that I bought in the mid-90s. For PS3, it would have to be Metal Gear Solid 4 that got in February 2010, but I probably have a game or two I bought before that, before I had my PS3 in anticipation of getting a PS3.

2010? Wow, that's 5 years before I even created this account. I started playing on this account in February 2016. I think top of my list would be Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, which I bought in January 2017. I still haven't got to it, but I will. I have played it a bit though. There are a few games from March 2017 that I am yet to start. 

Edited by Midnightwards666

Bloodborne. Have it loaded (with DLC) on my PS4 all ready to go, but something keeps making me put it off.  Don't know whether it is the potential slog that the "souls like" games can be that is delaying me from starting it, but I'll get to it... eventually.

That’s a tough one. Prolly some PS1 game. I was still buying them in the early PS3 days since it played PS1 discs. I haven’t played any of them in a few years but I would still like to someday because half my collection is still unplayed.

The only system I cleared my backlog for is the GameCube. Lol

In terms of unplayed games or games where I just played the first bit and gave up:

Tales of Symphonia DOTW: I had this since March 2016. I played the first part but didn't like the cheesiness and the whole monster capturing stuff, so I just left it and never returned.

Persona 4 Golden: Similar story to ToS, I played a bit but never got into it so I just left it. It's been on my vita as a DL game since 2016 as well. I might go back to this one someday. But with all these new releases that's highly unlikely

Hatsune Miku Diva F: I played one level, found that I suck at this and barely managed easy mode, got bored and gave it a toss. It's a DL game on my vita as well since probably 2014 or 2015, I have no intentions to ever play it again.

Definitely the games from Yakuza series, because as much as I love them, it's always difficult for me to sit to them knowing that the ride is gonna be hella long and that probably I won't touch anything else just to be sure I won't lose focus ?.

Assassins Creed Brotherhood (PS3) - Could of been my first, but due to poor internet and it being a more difficult game than Assassins Creed 2 I decided to drop it in place of 2 being the first platinum, which I got. 

Probably will never platinum Brotherhood because I have to boost the online all the way through. Plus after hearing all the connection problems and how some feats require 3 - 4 people to be “coordinated”, probably best I skip this. Haven’t touched this version of Brotherhood since 2015, but may come back to wrap up the single player trophies. 

Assassins Creed Revelations (PS3) - I may have a go on this one because the online looks to be easier. Don’t know if I will bother with the DLC, because I personally did not like The Lost Archive and the multiplayer can just pass, though I may get them anyway. Time will tell. 

I played this version for a few hours, stopped in 2015 and haven’t touched it since. 

Fallout 4 - Did not like this that much because it gave me a very bad impression. Maybe it’s better now? 

I feel this has nothing on the original Fallouts (Fallout 1 and 2), and RPG wise it fails compared to Fallout 3 and New Vegas, which had a better storyline and better customization. 

Been sitting on my PS4 XMB since 2015, and I haven’t touched this game. One day I will come back. 

Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag (PS4) - Yet another Assassins Creed game unfinished. Multiplayer is what’s preventing me from the platinum. 

Need to boost the Game Lab trophy and two of the four DLC trophies. Once those are done everything else should be smooth sailing. 

I will not be stacking this game, and I’m currently trying to sell off the PS3 version of Black Flag. 

Grand Theft Auto V (PS3 & PS4) - This along with the Uncharted 2 & 3 DLC will forever prevent me from getting 100 percent completion on my trophy profile. 

I should of played the multiplayer more when it came out. Nowadays I won’t bother getting all the trophies. Maybe for fun. 

————

I have a couple dozen games I bought in 2014 - 2017 I haven’t started, but I only included games I earned trophies in on my account that have been sitting unfinished the longest.

Edited by Spaz

20 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Ooohohhh! It’s so good! Really, you’re in for a treat! That game gets really interesting in the ‘FROM’ difficulty

(I’m not taking the piss, I’m serious- it is a whole different kind of fun :) I loved every bit of it... and I still have the western desert theme on my song rotation :))

Oh, I played through about 25% of it years back, just haven't picked it back up yet. That said, I agree 100% with you that it is a TON of fun. Great Zelda clone.

• Like 1