What games have been on your backlog the longest?

Asvinia

I don't have a large backlog, so usually I get to the games I purchase pretty quickly. But there are currently three games installed on my system that have been waiting for a while...

Phantom Trigger

This game came to the PS4 on April 1st, 2018. I immediately bought it, and it really looks like a lot of fun (reminds me a lot of Hyper Light Drifter, which I adore). 

But, it seems to have glitched trophies / achievements and not enough players for the devs / publisher to care. I even wrote the publishers and they answered that they don't know about glitched trophies. The obscure trophy descriptions don't help either, and some discussions here on this forum with the handful of people interested in the game unfortunately didn't yield any answers... ?

Death's Gambit

I had been following the development of this game as well as Eitr (WTF happened to Eitr??). I then purchased the game on release in August 2018 and... I dunno, it has just been sitting there ? I'll get to it eventually, but I'm not as excited as I though I'd be. 

Hollow Knight

Now this one I pre-ordered the day it was announced, and it released September 2018. I really don't know how this is still sitting there untouched, as I really want to get to it. But I usually avoid playing multiple long, involved games in parallel, and so I just got to Darksiders III, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice first. 

But, this one is next on my list! ?

Edited by Arcesus7

Tomb Raider: Anniversary had it sitting around for 8 years. Darksiders and Batman Arkham Asylum are also up there, they've been waiting about 7 years.

I do plan to get through my entire backlog eventually, just gotta get the effort.

• Like 2

haha...good topic...if my memory serves me correctly, mine would be bayonetta, prototype, and dragon age origins on ps3...likely almost exactly 9 years of shelf life now...i lived in japan at the time I got them and imported the na versions from china...they've since made it to their new home in canada with me...

Far Cry 2 for me, once i finished the horrendous mindless grind of it i couldn't stay on it and finish it all together so i left it for god knows when i should get back to it finish it once and for all, 2 years now it's been sitting on the backlog and counting....

RAGE also a game i tried to finish but the game was tedious and i did not enjoy it so i left it sitting at 10% no idea when i should get back to it and finish it..

Saints Row games once they announced the servers shutdown i hopped on them and got the online trophies but i was not looking forward to play them so of course i left them at a very low percentage and also i don't know when i'll have the feeling to go back to them and finish them.

• Like 1

Yikes, shame on me.  ?

In terms of physical copies, the first Assassin's Creed and Oblivion. They've always been on the 'I really want to fully commit and dedicate my focus and appreciation to this game' list and that's kept me putting them off for a better time... for a very long time.

I also have some discs (Catherine and Yakuza: Dead Souls off the top of my head) that I only tried after drinking a bit too much, unsurprisingly didn't pick up the controls for them at that time and never got back to.

• Like 1

Star Ocean 5 

This game i bought about 3 years ago i think i was unemployed at the time and it was on sale for £19.99 and thought "hey i have plenty of time i can do this" i downloaded the game and never got round to ever booting it up and now well its just too big of a commitment so not sure if i will ever get round to it.

Final Fantasy XII HD

Another RPG i bought and started but i got stuck on beating Gilgamesh so i just stopped playing it and i want to return yet again its a time issue

Fallout 4. It came with my PS4 and I keep wanting to actually go back and play it. Even bought the DLC last year. 3 years.

Batman: Arkham Origins. I for some reason could not get pass Deathstroke. No idea why. Keep wanting to go back and finish it. Also 3 years.

Doom 3. Was just going to do the original Doom then play 3 but some games I really wanted came out at the same time and I never looked back. 3 years.

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell & Uncharted Remastered games. These four games I did go back to and Platted this year. ?

Edited by Jamescush147
  • Like 1