Beyond Mod

Zjinn

Yea I've received a few of those maps with a guaranteed Beyond boss, but I haven't encountered the boss needed for the trophy.

I think one of the symbols on the Atlas represents where a guaranteed Zana quest will spawn.  Can probably farm those nodes hoping to get the right map and Abaxoth.

• Like 1

On 18/05/2019 at 4:44 AM, eGEORGE_ said:

Yea I've received a few of those maps with a guaranteed Beyond boss, but I haven't encountered the boss needed for the trophy.

Abaxoth will never be one of the guaranteed bosses. He is always only a random spawn resulting from killing Beyond monsters.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2019 at 5:16 PM, Zjinn said:

Anyone got a clue how to get the Beyond Mod from Zana without getting it randomly from Alchemy Orbs? I got Zana to level 7, but it don't show up in the map device like wiki states.

To unlock modes for Zana map device you have to progress her questline, https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Zana,_Master_Cartographer.

For Beyond mod you have to complete https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sanity's_Requiem quest, kill shaper, if i remember correctly. The mods are different each league.

If you are trying to get Abaxoth, your best bet is double Beyond mode, it's when you map has a chance to spawn beyond monsters + Zana device Beyond map mode.

You can craft required map with alt orbs.

Also pick a map with narrow corridors, for example grand arena tileset like Pit of the Chimera.

Edited by Hartgroove

Ugh this guy is super annoying, I can get upwards to 6-7 bosses if really good map with double beyond and I have probably done 15 maps and still haven't gotten him to spawn. It's the only trophy left to obtain lol.

Edited by Zjinn
added more info

• 1 month later...

Posting this to help anyone struggling to find the right map to spawn beyond bosses. 

Tier 8 pit with double beyond mod is definitely the best, you can get up to 5 to spawn just in the boss room alone. Plus being a low tier you can buy for 1-2c in trade market, also “highlight” search for the beyond mod. Rolling with alteration is a waste, you can spend 200 without getting the mod I know from experience. 

Doing the pit map it took me maybe 12-15~ maps to get him to spawn. Good luck. 

I got him to spawn not once, but twice on the same map!! It was Underground River with 38% monster pack size and double beyond mod. We didn't even realize he spawned first time just he got spanked so fast, then near end of the run on map he spawned again all that time grinding to get him I get him twice in 1 run lol.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

Could anyone confirm that Beyond is still available as a Zana mod since the beginning of Blight league ?

Spoiler

4uvjgqpeh9k31.jpg

It isn't. Well, at least there is a breach mode this time. But no Perandus or Beyond is tough. Not a good league for a Platinum trophy. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

GGG confirmed that Beyond mod makes a comeback for next league !

https://mobile.twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1203786050327306240

Thank God, what a relief. I might finally be able to spawn Abaxoth and get the platinum.

EDIT : got him on my very first map ! For anyone wondering, you don't have to complete the new quest or the whole Atlas again to gain access to Beyond mod, thank God. Just do the first few missions with Kirac in Oriath until you get your map device back. Running a (new) T3 map should then pop Zana, who will find her way back to your hideout and give you access to all mods (provided you already had them before new league, I presume).

Edited by JeManquedHygiene

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/12/2019 at 4:28 AM, JeManquedHygiene said:

GGG confirmed that Beyond mod makes a comeback for next league !

https://mobile.twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1203786050327306240

Thank God, what a relief. I might finally be able to spawn Abaxoth and get the platinum.

EDIT : got him on my very first map ! For anyone wondering, you don't have to complete the new quest or the whole Atlas again to gain access to Beyond mod, thank God. Just do the first few missions with Kirac in Oriath until you get your map device back. Running a (new) T3 map should then pop Zana, who will find her way back to your hideout and give you access to all mods (provided you already had them before new league, I presume).

So because I did zana quest line in the previous league and it dint unlock I have to redo it?

21 hours ago, Nieird said:

So because I did zana quest line in the previous league and it dint unlock I have to redo it?

Beyond was not an option last league, it changes what Zana offers each league. You will have to find her again, as the process of doing maps is a little(a lot) different. Like Hygiene said do the new quest till you get a new tier three map, this will get you Zana. That should take maybe an hour if you already have some maps from previous league to get the drops in. After that I had to level her back up to max as Beyond was the last mod she unlocked. If you have a T16 Vaal temple from Blight league then you can just run that, don't convert it to the new league just run it as a blight league maps. This should complete your atlas all the way up to T16 and unlock all of Zana's mods. That's how I got her leveled in my game. 

• Like 1

On 12/18/2019 at 3:58 PM, Nieird said:

Hey just a heads up, Hygien gave me about 30 or so beyond maps to use. I am going to try and go for it tonight/tomorrow. If I have any left I will toss them your way. Using beyond maps and zana gives you about a 30 percent chance to spawn something when you multikill. I will let you know here sometime tomorrow.

If you have a T16 Vaal temple from Blight league then you can just run that, don't convert it to the new league just run it as a blight league maps. This should complete your atlas all the way up to T16 and unlock all of Zana's mods. That's how I got her leveled in my game. 

Oh interesting, that's actually what I did by running an old Minotaur map. I just didn't understand that this was what got all my mods back.

It’s a very Merry Christmas indeed. Just killed Abaxoth and didn’t even need to use the beyond mod from either a map or the map device. Found Zana in a map with one of the map missions she offered was to kill the Beyond Boss and luckily it was Abaxoth. Funny, I recall reading somewhere that he couldn’t spawn that way, so going in I didn’t have any hope that he would. But sure enough he did. Two more trophies to go.

22 minutes ago, Holy_Nolly said:

It’s a very Merry Christmas indeed. Just killed Abaxoth and didn’t even need to use the beyond mod from either a map or the map device. Found Zana in a map with one of the map missions she offered was to kill the Beyond Boss and luckily it was Abaxoth. Funny, I recall reading somewhere that he couldn’t spawn that way, so going in I didn’t have any hope that he would. But sure enough he did. Two more trophies to go.

Congrats, that's some good luck. Do you still need all the unique maps? I just need Doryani but its around 30-35ex to buy so I am trying to find people to go in on with it. If you get a lead on one feel free to hit me up if you want to split the cost or something. 

10 hours ago, XileLerinril said:

Congrats, that's some good luck. Do you still need all the unique maps? I just need Doryani but its around 30-35ex to buy so I am trying to find people to go in on with it. If you get a lead on one feel free to hit me up if you want to split the cost or something. 

Thanks. And yeah. I still need maps. 4 to be precise. Vinktar Square, Perandus Manor, Doryani, and Halls of the Grandmasters. But not real flush with currency at the moment. Plus, I’ve started a new character on the Metamorphosis league so I have still have to redo all the other maps. But thanks for the offer. I’ll let you know if I get on my main Standard league character at all.

6 hours ago, Holy_Nolly said:

Thanks. And yeah. I still need maps. 4 to be precise. Vinktar Square, Perandus Manor, Doryani, and Halls of the Grandmasters. But not real flush with currency at the moment. Plus, I’ve started a new character on the Metamorphosis league so I have still have to redo all the other maps. But thanks for the offer. I’ll let you know if I get on my main Standard league character at all.

I have Vinktar but have not run it yet. I can wait if you want to bring a standard league character in with me. I have two hall of grandmasters. I need to pay someone to run it for me, but as long as nothing goes wrong you can have the second. 

29 minutes ago, XileLerinril said:

I have Vinktar but have not run it yet. I can wait if you want to bring a standard league character in with me. I have two hall of grandmasters. I need to pay someone to run it for me, but as long as nothing goes wrong you can have the second. 

I actually have 4 Halls of the Grandmasters. So I’m all set there but thanks anyway. I had 6, all from drops, ran it twice with my necromancer. Once with the old ascendancy class and failed miserably. The second was with the reworked Necroamncer ascendancy and did much better but still failed. I’ll get it done someday. But for now the 4 maps are sitting in standard just waiting until I can get a character to the point where I can run it.