Cloud_2049

Are all DLC Trophies locked behind payment?

9 posts in this topic

Are any of those DLC's part of a free update or anything? or is it all behind paid-DLC?

All dlcs need to be purchaced separately or subscribe to Eso plus which gives access to (almost) all content. Not sure if newest big areas are part of eso plus. 

Game does hold free eso plus events for few days occasionally and you can access everything eso plus has during those events. 

Other option is to buy dlcs during their anniversary events for discounted prices. 

Most Valuable Combatant and Triple Threat are trophies in the Morrowind DLC update and they can be earned without owning any DLC because the Battlegrounds game mode was added in that patch and is available to everyone. I couldn't recommend anything more than the ESO+ subscription, you get everything except Summerset and Elsweyr with it and the craft bag helps massively with inventory management, I don't know where I'd be without it.

I would second the monthly sub recommendation. At this point, it’s cheaper than buying the individual DLCs. You still have to buy the chapters for now, or you could wait for them to eventually become a part of the sub. 

I would also recommend the monthly sub, then you can use the crowns that you get monthly from the sub to purchase the dlc packs so that if you ever turn off eso plus you still have all of them available to you.

^ this.

If you play pretty actively, you would probably finish 2+ DLCs in a single month and will have enough (or, almost enough) crowns to purchase another DLC separately. Free ESO Plus events are quite regular (every 3-4 months or so), that allows you to obtain DLC skill lines like Thieves Guild and keep them after the even is finished.

Posted (edited)

19 hours ago, stupid0089 said:

I would also recommend the monthly sub, then you can use the crowns that you get monthly from the sub to purchase the dlc packs so that if you ever turn off eso plus you still have all of them available to you.

19 hours ago, Sydoki said:

^ this.

If you play pretty actively, you would probably finish 2+ DLCs in a single month and will have enough (or, almost enough) crowns to purchase another DLC separately. Free ESO Plus events are quite regular (every 3-4 months or so), that allows you to obtain DLC skill lines like Thieves Guild and keep them after the even is finished.

I’m pretty sure ESO+ comes with all the DLC packs that can be purchased with crowns. The only DLC not currently available with it is Summerset. Elsweyr will also have to be purchased separately. Both of those expansions won’t be available on the crown store and have to instead be bought on the PSN store. 

Edited by Sergen

Like everyone else says, just pick up the ESO Plus for a month and enjoy the DLCs.  Then you can make a determination if you want to continue on a monthly basis or not.  

Now, the chapters aren't included in the ESO Plus membership. You would need to pick up those separately.  Like @Sergen says, those need to be picked up in the store.

The unlimited craft bag alone is worth it for the membership.  I'm a hoarder and can't pass by anything without picking it up!

just FYI, if you buy the Elsweyr chapter, Morrowind and Summerset are included as well. At least it was the case for the physical release I bought.