Terarded

How to get all endings (video guides) and general platinum tips/info

12 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, after searching through every route 3 times each (thats 21 playthroughs!) trying to find whatever random bit of dialogue i missed i basically know this game back to front so i decided to make some videos along the way to show everyone how to get the various endings. The one ending I'm not entirely sure about is the normal ending, I'm pretty sure your first run through will always result in the normal end but i have no way of confirming this. If anyone got one of the endings below instead of the normal ending on their first playthrough please comment to let me know and i will update this post to reflect that.

If you follow all these videos from start to finish you will get all but two trophies. Those two trophies are for collecting every CG and selecting every branching choice.

Tips:

- For a fast platinum change the settings to skip unread text (though this was a fun game so you should totally read it!)

- From the start, as you progress, press L1 to quicksave before every choice and every SOS event. You can then pick a choice, run through all the dialogue after it, then load your quicksave with R1 and do the next choice. You need to explore every branching choice and different routes will have different choices so it's better to do it as you go. This includes both standard choices and all the SOS event choices, including saying nothing at all to SOS events.

- Don't be to eager to load your quicksave, i'm not sure how much of the dialogue following a choice needs to be seen for it to count it's better to be safe and let it run until the next scene

- Important: in the videos i press options to skip cutscenes. This is purely for the sake of the videos so that you can see nothing but the important bits. If you want the platinum do not do this. Skipping scenes like this will prevent CGs, and presumably choice dialogue, from unlocking. Just stick to L2 for skipping.

Any problems, let me know. Have fun!

Owari End:

Iruka:

Asano:

Natsumi:

Tatiana:

Yuno:

Reina:

Edited by Terarded

Okay so I followed all of your videos and I have every trophy except the one for selecting every branching path choice. What I did was when i followed your first video (Owari) i was quick saving before every normal choice and SOS choice and skipping till the next scene then loading that save back up and selecting a different choice. Then when I was following all the rest of the videos if I saw any choices that were lit up I'd then select them to shade them out etc and have done that for every video to where every choice is now shaded out. 

I'm stuck because as far as I know every normal and SOS choice is shaded out, also I made sure to not answer on every SOS too so I have no idea where this missing choice I need is? I don't even know what I can try. 

Update: Just got the platinum trophy guys. It turned out that during the roof scene with Iruka I missed failing the SOS event there. 

Edited by Cryogenicide_X

Thank you so much Terarded for all those videos, I really appreciated it. If you can, please do a platinum walkthrough on Kotodama when that releases. 

8 hours ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Thank you so much Terarded for all those videos, I really appreciated it. If you can, please do a platinum walkthrough on Kotodama when that releases. 

Glad you sorted out your trophy issue so fast! I had the same problem and my missed SOS was one in owari's route so i spent hours searching every last option and route again it was miserable haha. I do plan to pick up Kotodama and will be looking to do videos of some sort but i don't really know what to expect with that one.

4 hours ago, Terarded said:

Glad you sorted out your trophy issue so fast! I had the same problem and my missed SOS was one in owari's route so i spent hours searching every last option and route again it was miserable haha. I do plan to pick up Kotodama and will be looking to do videos of some sort but i don't really know what to expect with that one.

Yeah I got lucky, I just randomly selected the scene I mentioned and the trophy popped. 

On 5/22/2019 at 2:25 PM, Cryogenicide_X said:

Okay so I followed all of your videos and I have every trophy except the one for selecting every branching path choice. What I did was when i followed your first video (Owari) i was quick saving before every normal choice and SOS choice and skipping till the next scene then loading that save back up and selecting a different choice. Then when I was following all the rest of the videos if I saw any choices that were lit up I'd then select them to shade them out etc and have done that for every video to where every choice is now shaded out. 

I'm stuck because as far as I know every normal and SOS choice is shaded out, also I made sure to not answer on every SOS too so I have no idea where this missing choice I need is? I don't even know what I can try. 

Update: Just got the platinum trophy guys. It turned out that during the roof scene with Iruka I missed failing the SOS event there. 

Roof scene? I'm trying hard to find this branching path I'm missing. I would love for you to elaborate on where that is. What chapter is that?

UPDATE: Oh yes. I know what you're talking about. Going up to the roof instead of studying... *sigh* I'm just gonna have to give up on this platinum. It's insane how much time I've spent only to come up without the answer. 

Edited by Firedemon2021

2 hours ago, Firedemon2021 said:

Roof scene? I'm trying hard to find this branching path I'm missing. I would love for you to elaborate on where that is. What chapter is that?

UPDATE: Oh yes. I know what you're talking about. Going up to the roof instead of studying... *sigh* I'm just gonna have to give up on this platinum. It's insane how much time I've spent only to come up without the answer. 

I'm sorry to hear that, I just happened to get lucky with the roof scene because it just happened to be the scene I missed. I event selected it at random too. 

51 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

I'm sorry to hear that, I just happened to get lucky with the roof scene because it just happened to be the scene I missed. I event selected it at random too. 

Yeah. At this point I've just been going through and re-selecting all the greyed out options but I'm 90% convinced my game is glitched. The only hesitation I have about this is that NO ONE ELSE's game is lmao. So I find it hard to believe that I have the sole copy of a glitched game, ya know.

4 hours ago, Firedemon2021 said:

Yeah. At this point I've just been going through and re-selecting all the greyed out options but I'm 90% convinced my game is glitched. The only hesitation I have about this is that NO ONE ELSE's game is lmao. So I find it hard to believe that I have the sole copy of a glitched game, ya know.

I was also certain my game was glitched while playing and also resorted to just going back and playing through every greyed out option again. Turned out to not be necessary since i just missed the same option on the same route specific SOS event both times I'd been through it. I haven't seen any reports that it's glitched and people seem to eventually find their missed answer so i don't think its glitched, just a really tedious trophy. If you haven't given up yet, I'd recommend double checking the SOS events that are necessary for routes. That seemed to be my problem - i was concerned to not miss the needed choice and got momentarily distracted from the trophy. And just in case you weren't aware though I'm sure you already have - giving no response to SOS events is also needed!

1 minute ago, Terarded said:

I was also certain my game was glitched while playing and also resorted to just going back and playing through every greyed out option again. Turned out to not be necessary since i just missed the same option on the same route specific SOS event both times I'd been through it. I haven't seen any reports that it's glitched and people seem to eventually find their missed answer so i don't think its glitched, just a really tedious trophy. If you haven't given up yet, I'd recommend double checking the SOS events that are necessary for routes. That seemed to be my problem - i was concerned to not miss the needed choice and got momentarily distracted from the trophy. And just in case you weren't aware though I'm sure you already have - giving no response to SOS events is also needed!

Okay. This gives me a little hope. Yeah. I still have the game. There was a moment that is of note. When I did my first character route, I think it was Tatiana, I happened to forget to auto save before an SOS and vowed to go back and do it over. Problem was when I went back, I couldn't find the SOS and now I'm questioning if it was Tat at all. It was definitely after the beach scene. What is also curious is that in the videos, Tatiana's beach scene is the only scenario that is in two route, Reina and Tat's so I'm wondering if that's on purpose or not 

42 minutes ago, Firedemon2021 said:

Okay. This gives me a little hope. Yeah. I still have the game. There was a moment that is of note. When I did my first character route, I think it was Tatiana, I happened to forget to auto save before an SOS and vowed to go back and do it over. Problem was when I went back, I couldn't find the SOS and now I'm questioning if it was Tat at all. It was definitely after the beach scene. What is also curious is that in the videos, Tatiana's beach scene is the only scenario that is in two route, Reina and Tat's so I'm wondering if that's on purpose or not 

Haha I did the exact same thing with Owari's route! I told myself I'd go back but it wasn't there when i did and i started thinking maybe it was Iruka's or one of the other early ones.

Reina's ending is just a matter of keeping all the other characters low and making the choices in her favour when needed and since you can't choose Reina at the beach someone inevitably has to be chosen twice, i just chose Tatiana's beach scene since there's no option that avoids giving someone points and I hadn't given her many points yet.

On 6/5/2019 at 7:06 PM, Terarded said:

Haha I did the exact same thing with Owari's route! I told myself I'd go back but it wasn't there when i did and i started thinking maybe it was Iruka's or one of the other early ones.

Reina's ending is just a matter of keeping all the other characters low and making the choices in her favour when needed and since you can't choose Reina at the beach someone inevitably has to be chosen twice, i just chose Tatiana's beach scene since there's no option that avoids giving someone points and I hadn't given her many points yet.

OH! You know what? I totally forgot you made those videos. First of all, thank you so much for those. I'd be even more lost than I am now without them. That also clears that up. I'll try to go through them all again this weekend. The answer is either that I am totally not conjuring an SOS that I need to be (which is highly unlikely) or I forgot to fail an SOS at some point (which is most likely). Thanks for all your help. I'll keep updating.

UPDATE: IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!!!! The culprit was Asano's beach event. I hadn't picked the first two options and failing the SOS event and ONLY picked the correct (third) choice as per what you need to move on from the Endings Videos. So I assumed I must have been staring at the video while this was going on and totally missed it. That took 5ever. Thank you all for your help and those who I messaged privately. Everyone was so kind. Let's meet again on the next visual novel that, for god's sake, hopefully has a route tree.  

Edited by Firedemon2021