Online beta ends, new update released

R* has announced the online beta is over and has released a huge new update. Well, still probably not going back unless they add new trophies. 

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60954/Red-Dead-Online-World-Updates-New-Missions-Poker-and-The-Road-Ahead

Edited by Fat Chocobo

Wonder if they're gonna fix the bug that disconnects me from every online match/event after 5 minutes. That would be pretty sweet. Generic Free Roam is only fun for so long and I'd rather free roam in singleplayer without all the griefers. But please, take your time and add some more content instead. (not salty at all)

• Like 4

i had this thought after looking at previous rockstar games, now is the time to clean out base-game multiplayer trophies before they add ridiculous dlc prestige 50 mega grind ultra giga waste your life away trophies

Edited by shananiganyo
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, ExquisiteSteez said:

No rank 100 trophy plz.

I agree. Please, please, please no Level 100 Trophy. The Rank 50 Trophy was the worst experience in this Game for me.

Edited by Sega-Ryudo
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, shananiganyo said:

i had this thought after looking at previous rockstar games, now is the time to clean out base-game multiplayer trophies before they add ridiculous dlc prestige 50 mega grind ultra giga waste your life away trophies

Yeah. There was a long, but fairly easy way to level up with two people. Unfortunately, it doesn't work anymore. I got to 50 before they "fixed" it. 

I've had the game since release because I bought the Red Dead PS4 Pro bundle but the online is what is making me hesitant to even start it. I will at some point this year, no doubt, but I hate playing multiplayer and the thought of putting 200 hours into the single player to only get 50% of the trophies makes me want to die a little bit, even though I'm far from a completionist.

Played an hour and was hoping for some formal co-op missions like the original game. From what I can see currently, the mode ‘A Land of Opportunities’ is just free roam near a stranger mission.

MVP has been subdued a lot – just a small text notification at the bottom of the screen after the match now.

Long distance / moving headshots are a bit trickier now which the change: 'Removed Auto-Aim Headshot Tracking (Enemy Players Only)'.

Edited by BOOTP

I bought the game day one, but haven't even finished chapter 2 in story, believe it or not. I have all but 3 online trophies, but for some reason have no desire to come back right now. Releasing the online so quickly wasn't a good idea, imo.

Edited by TheGoaler

7 hours ago, ExquisiteSteez said:

No rank 100 trophy plz.

I really would be happy if they would bring that trophy (Rank 80 currently, never glitched anything). But I honestly doubt it as they never did that in any of there games before as far as I'm concerned.

Anyways, ranking up is not that hard! But you must appreciate the online mode. If you don't (which I can understand) it's a very hard grind and nobody likes that. Luckily, with new content now, this will be a little bit more colorful now.

• Like 1