AnGEIHisPANo

Road of Devastation method

15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Don't know if people are having problems getting to round 10 (like I did) but I used this method and it was really easy on first try. Here is the video (speed it up if you want):

Edited by AnGEIHisPANo

Posted (edited)

On 5/14/2019 at 8:03 PM, AnGEIHisPANo said:

Don't know if people are having problems getting to round 10 (like I did) but I used this method and it was really easy on first try. Here is the video (speed it up if you want):

There's no clear method for reaching round 10 because this is mostly a lucky game. There's a few set waves, and a few random ones. There's a random number of cutters and that can ruin any run in a snap. I got 3 cutters on the Vita on the final area in the supplies route on the 2nd run, and 5 on the PS3 at the same place at the 4th, and yes all showed up as soon as I entered the area. Yes these were the worst but these quantities of cutters can drop on all runs, specially in the final area of guns / supplies and beginning of armor / score. Some runs are easy some are not. He was extremely lucky in all runs, since he never got a cutter in a bad place or a large number at the same time, even in the money / health routes he was lucky too.

What is clever in this gamer is the place he chose to stay in the final areas of the money/health and guns/supply route, although they're only feasible to reach in the last runs if the paths he chose are the ones you take. The entry points to the final area for money and guns routes are a lot more troublesome but I always avoided the supplies route from run 5+ as I always get 4+ cutters in the last area.

Again, this is 85% luck on the runs, 15% skill and focus. If you get great runs it's nothing much. If you get a bad one it's game over. And restart from beginning.

Edited by cris3f

1 hour ago, cris3f said:

There's no clear method for reaching round 10 because this is mostly a lucky game. There's a few set waves, and a few random ones. There's a random number of cutters and that can ruin any run in a snap. I got 3 cutters on the Vita on the final area in the supplies route on the 2nd run, and 5 on the PS3 at the same place at the 4th, and yes all showed up as soon as I entered the area. Yes these were the worst but these quantities of cutters can drop on all runs, specially in the final area of guns / supplies and beginning of armor / score. Some runs are easy some are not. He was extremely lucky in all runs, since he never got a cutter in a bad place or a large number at the same time, even in the money / health routes he was lucky too.

What is clever in this gamer is the place he chose to stay in the final areas of the money/health and guns/supply route, although they're only feasible to reach in the last runs if the paths he chose are the ones you take. The entry points to the final area for money and guns routes are a lot more troublesome but I always avoided the supplies route from run 5+ as I always get 4+ cutters in the last area.

Again, this is 85% luck on the runs, 15% skill and focus. If you get great runs it's nothing much. If you get a bad one it's game over. And restart from beginning.

How does the game hold up on the Vita?

I recently returned to the PS3 version of DN to give a friend a hand with reaching round 10 and the game really struggled to keep up, especially during the later rounds. The frame rate would drop so low to point where it was almost as if the game was about to freeze.

5 minutes ago, Uncharted_Baihh said:

I recently returned to the PS3 version of DN to give a friend a hand with reaching round 10 and the game really struggled to keep up, especially during the later rounds. The frame rate would drop so low to point where it was almost as if the game was about to freeze.

The vita version is probably the easiest version as there are a lot fewer enemies

3 hours ago, Cleggworth said:

The vita version is probably the easiest version as there are a lot fewer enemies

Probably to compensate for the lower frame rate/smaller screen. I was expecting the Vita version to be the most difficult stack! Nevertheless I’ll be sure to complete this game for a third time eventually.

9 hours ago, Uncharted_Baihh said:

I never experienced awful issues either on the Vita or PS3 versions. But I played alone. I did play the coop on the Vita online and it wasn't pleasant. I think reaching round 10 is a bad idea to get online.

I do like the game a lot, so I lost a considerable time on it. Although I didn't like survival mode, I did try to figure a reliable and repeatable method to achieve round 10 and come to the conclusion that there isn't one precisely because of the great disparity between each run each playthrough that is made.

The most difficult version will be the one you do first. The game is basically equal so the experience you get from the first you play will help on the second. The Vita version has less enemies but screen area is smaller so difficulty is around the same.

BTW the developers found a way to solve the issues when there's too much enemies on the Vita version, everything that is offscreen disappears, that's why I at least never experienced major slow downs. I talk about that on a post I did on a possible way to get some trophies on the Vita forum of the game.

11 hours ago, cris3f said:

That's false there's a clear method...never go score, armor, or guns route...go health route once to get health pack in the mid-rounds and the rest of the rounds go supplies or money route...therefore, you get tons of money to buy and upgrade spam supplies. Also only max out and use the rifle the entire 10 rounds...I use this method every time and its super easy...

1 hour ago, zzTROPHY_BEASTzz said:

That's false there's a clear method...never go score, armor, or guns route...go health route once to get health pack in the mid-rounds and the rest of the rounds go supplies or money route...therefore, you get tons of money to buy and upgrade spam supplies. Also only max out and use the rifle the entire 10 rounds...I use this method every time and its super easy...

And you get 5 or 6 cutters at the same time and it's end game. A clear method should never fail. That simple.

17 hours ago, cris3f said:

I never experienced awful issues either on the Vita or PS3 versions. But I played alone. I did play the coop on the Vita online and it wasn't pleasant. I think reaching round 10 is a bad idea to get online.

I do like the game a lot, so I lost a considerable time on it. Although I didn't like survival mode, I did try to figure a reliable and repeatable method to achieve round 10 and come to the conclusion that there isn't one precisely because of the great disparity between each run each playthrough that is made.

The most difficult version will be the one you do first. The game is basically equal so the experience you get from the first you play will help on the second. The Vita version has less enemies but screen area is smaller so difficulty is around the same.

BTW the developers found a way to solve the issues when there's too much enemies on the Vita version, everything that is offscreen disappears, that's why I at least never experienced major slow downs. I talk about that on a post I did on a possible way to get some trophies on the Vita forum of the game.

One of my favourite indies. Glad to hear that the found a way ensure the game runs well on the Vita.

For sure, this game does get easier the more time you spend with it. Returning to this game almost 9 years later was fun, and I found the platinum to be considerably easier the second time around. Knowledge of spawns and which weapons to upgrade/ignore really does help a lot. Endless mode is much easier solo, that's for certain.

I'll be sure to check out that post. Relatively new to the Vita so I've yet to build up much skill with regards to using it, so I'm sure your advice will help.

16 hours ago, cris3f said:

And you get 5 or 6 cutters at the same time and it's end game. A clear method should never fail. That simple.

I never got 6 cutters lol most ive ever got was 2 at once...I can make a video to show my method...

8 hours ago, zzTROPHY_BEASTzz said:

I never got 6 cutters lol most ive ever got was 2 at once...I can make a video to show my method...

There's this "method" above, there's your "method", there's a ton of other ones. I saw a lot when I was going to do my first run. They're all different.

But that isn't a method. They're all the games that each gamer got. That's all you get. The chances that any other gamer will get different runs are very high, or I'm just the most unlucky one on the planet. I've spent a lot of hours on different runs trying to figure a pattern or sure way to get results, as I needed that to help someone else. There isn't. Neither on the Vita or the PS3, the PS4 version is no different.

Yes methods are possible for the normal game but there everything is set, from waves to number of enemies, so it's possible to create one, since the runs everyone else will get are equal or almost.

And that you only got 2 cutters just shows that "your method" or the one above or any other one else wouldn't apply or be valid if you get a ton of cutters in the wrong place. Or even jumpers, as I do the money runs 3 times and I got 9 or 10 in my 3rd run when I got my trophy on the PS3 (thankfully they're easy to kill even with the rifle). The only thing that is set is the place where they show up, problem is that the game can give you none or a ton, and weirdly is not even difficulty related.

It's a different story for the Combo Master and Keep It Up trophies for the Vita since you're able to retry the run to get them, so even if there's a bad run, you can try again. So there a method can be established.

My opinion anyway.

On 5/16/2019 at 4:02 AM, cris3f said:

I had to check on your platinums before responding. I've noticed you have played a lot of Lego games, were those platinums also luck based? So I will make it simple for you. This game is base on SKILLS and STRATEGY. The method I posted worked 90% of the time, only way to die its if you do something silly and don't pay attention on ur surroundings. Luck base games are way different than this (like those which require RNG). Anyways, don't know how much you suffered to get this but I had to try and make one simple method for those who don't have much skills and trust me, it works fine. I also used this multiple times to make sure it works so I posted it. C ya!

1 hour ago, AnGEIHisPANo said:

I had to check on your platinums before responding. I've noticed you have played a lot of Lego games, were those platinums also luck based? So I will make it simple for you. This game is base on SKILLS and STRATEGY. The method I posted worked 90% of the time, only way to die its if you do something silly and don't pay attention on ur surroundings. Luck base games are way different than this (like those which require RNG). Anyways, don't know how much you suffered to get this but I had to try and make one simple method for those who don't have much skills and trust me, it works fine. I also used this multiple times to make sure it works so I posted it. C ya!

I also play EDF games a lot, they're also luck based too of course, no skills and strategy necessary. And yes, I just have all the games done because someone else does them for me online or I farm a gazillion armor to solve them. Yes, Dead Nation main game is skills and strategy that's why I love it. Road of devastation is not. If I suffered or not I'm not going to comment. But suit yourself.

Have fun.

Can somebody explain the difference in playing the morbid run in co-op versus solo.  I played the 1st round in co-op and we died quite a few times.  I then played the 1st 2 missions solo and had little issue died maybe once or twice.  is that how the rest of the game is on morbid solo if you already maxed everything out for armor?  Or does it get super difficult in the later rounds.  The 1st two rounds almost seemed like the difficulty below it did without the upgrades.  Co-op it was a bitch.   I need to go back to it but honestly I find it hard to go back to, it was so repetitive.

On 5/15/2019 at 3:03 AM, AnGEIHisPANo said:

thanks this another method,I may try it out ,since this round 10 survival is my last trophy :(