Road of Devastation method

On 5/14/2019 at 8:03 PM, AnGEIHisPANo said:

Don't know if people are having problems getting to round 10 (like I did) but I used this method and it was really easy on first try. Here is the video (speed it up if you want):

There's no clear method for reaching round 10 because this is mostly a lucky game. There's a few set waves, and a few random ones. There's a random number of cutters and that can ruin any run in a snap. I got 3 cutters on the Vita on the final area in the supplies route on the 2nd run, and 5 on the PS3 at the same place at the 4th, and yes all showed up as soon as I entered the area. Yes these were the worst but these quantities of cutters can drop on all runs, specially in the final area of guns / supplies and beginning of armor / score. Some runs are easy some are not. He was extremely lucky in all runs, since he never got a cutter in a bad place or a large number at the same time, even in the money / health routes he was lucky too.

What is clever in this gamer is the place he chose to stay in the final areas of the money/health and guns/supply route, although they're only feasible to reach in the last runs if the paths he chose are the ones you take. The entry points to the final area for money and guns routes are a lot more troublesome but I always avoided the supplies route from run 5+ as I always get 4+ cutters in the last area.

Again, this is 85% luck on the runs, 15% skill and focus. If you get great runs it's nothing much. If you get a bad one it's game over. And restart from beginning.

Edited by cris3f

1 hour ago, cris3f said:

There's no clear method for reaching round 10 because this is mostly a lucky game. There's a few set waves, and a few random ones. There's a random number of cutters and that can ruin any run in a snap. I got 3 cutters on the Vita on the final area in the supplies route on the 2nd run, and 5 on the PS3 at the same place at the 4th, and yes all showed up as soon as I entered the area. Yes these were the worst but these quantities of cutters can drop on all runs, specially in the final area of guns / supplies and beginning of armor / score. Some runs are easy some are not. He was extremely lucky in all runs, since he never got a cutter in a bad place or a large number at the same time, even in the money / health routes he was lucky too.

What is clever in this gamer is the place he chose to stay in the final areas of the money/health and guns/supply route, although they're only feasible to reach in the last runs if the paths he chose are the ones you take. The entry points to the final area for money and guns routes are a lot more troublesome but I always avoided the supplies route from run 5+ as I always get 4+ cutters in the last area.

Again, this is 85% luck on the runs, 15% skill and focus. If you get great runs it's nothing much. If you get a bad one it's game over. And restart from beginning.

How does the game hold up on the Vita?

I recently returned to the PS3 version of DN to give a friend a hand with reaching round 10 and the game really struggled to keep up, especially during the later rounds. The frame rate would drop so low to point where it was almost as if the game was about to freeze.

5 minutes ago, Uncharted_Baihh said:

I recently returned to the PS3 version of DN to give a friend a hand with reaching round 10 and the game really struggled to keep up, especially during the later rounds. The frame rate would drop so low to point where it was almost as if the game was about to freeze.

The vita version is probably the easiest version as there are a lot fewer enemies

3 hours ago, Cleggworth said:

The vita version is probably the easiest version as there are a lot fewer enemies

Probably to compensate for the lower frame rate/smaller screen. I was expecting the Vita version to be the most difficult stack! Nevertheless I’ll be sure to complete this game for a third time eventually.

9 hours ago, Uncharted_Baihh said:

I never experienced awful issues either on the Vita or PS3 versions. But I played alone. I did play the coop on the Vita online and it wasn't pleasant. I think reaching round 10 is a bad idea to get online.

I do like the game a lot, so I lost a considerable time on it. Although I didn't like survival mode, I did try to figure a reliable and repeatable method to achieve round 10 and come to the conclusion that there isn't one precisely because of the great disparity between each run each playthrough that is made.

The most difficult version will be the one you do first. The game is basically equal so the experience you get from the first you play will help on the second. The Vita version has less enemies but screen area is smaller so difficulty is around the same.

BTW the developers found a way to solve the issues when there's too much enemies on the Vita version, everything that is offscreen disappears, that's why I at least never experienced major slow downs. I talk about that on a post I did on a possible way to get some trophies on the Vita forum of the game.

11 hours ago, cris3f said:

That's false there's a clear method...never go score, armor, or guns route...go health route once to get health pack in the mid-rounds and the rest of the rounds go supplies or money route...therefore, you get tons of money to buy and upgrade spam supplies. Also only max out and use the rifle the entire 10 rounds...I use this method every time and its super easy...

1 hour ago, zzTROPHY_BEASTzz said:

That's false there's a clear method...never go score, armor, or guns route...go health route once to get health pack in the mid-rounds and the rest of the rounds go supplies or money route...therefore, you get tons of money to buy and upgrade spam supplies. Also only max out and use the rifle the entire 10 rounds...I use this method every time and its super easy...

And you get 5 or 6 cutters at the same time and it's end game. A clear method should never fail. That simple.

17 hours ago, cris3f said:

I never experienced awful issues either on the Vita or PS3 versions. But I played alone. I did play the coop on the Vita online and it wasn't pleasant. I think reaching round 10 is a bad idea to get online.

I do like the game a lot, so I lost a considerable time on it. Although I didn't like survival mode, I did try to figure a reliable and repeatable method to achieve round 10 and come to the conclusion that there isn't one precisely because of the great disparity between each run each playthrough that is made.

The most difficult version will be the one you do first. The game is basically equal so the experience you get from the first you play will help on the second. The Vita version has less enemies but screen area is smaller so difficulty is around the same.

BTW the developers found a way to solve the issues when there's too much enemies on the Vita version, everything that is offscreen disappears, that's why I at least never experienced major slow downs. I talk about that on a post I did on a possible way to get some trophies on the Vita forum of the game.

One of my favourite indies. Glad to hear that the found a way ensure the game runs well on the Vita.

For sure, this game does get easier the more time you spend with it. Returning to this game almost 9 years later was fun, and I found the platinum to be considerably easier the second time around. Knowledge of spawns and which weapons to upgrade/ignore really does help a lot. Endless mode is much easier solo, that's for certain.

I'll be sure to check out that post. Relatively new to the Vita so I've yet to build up much skill with regards to using it, so I'm sure your advice will help.

8 hours ago, zzTROPHY_BEASTzz said:

I never got 6 cutters lol most ive ever got was 2 at once...I can make a video to show my method...

There's this "method" above, there's your "method", there's a ton of other ones. I saw a lot when I was going to do my first run. They're all different.

But that isn't a method. They're all the games that each gamer got. That's all you get. The chances that any other gamer will get different runs are very high, or I'm just the most unlucky one on the planet. I've spent a lot of hours on different runs trying to figure a pattern or sure way to get results, as I needed that to help someone else. There isn't. Neither on the Vita or the PS3, the PS4 version is no different.

Yes methods are possible for the normal game but there everything is set, from waves to number of enemies, so it's possible to create one, since the runs everyone else will get are equal or almost.

And that you only got 2 cutters just shows that "your method" or the one above or any other one else wouldn't apply or be valid if you get a ton of cutters in the wrong place. Or even jumpers, as I do the money runs 3 times and I got 9 or 10 in my 3rd run when I got my trophy on the PS3 (thankfully they're easy to kill even with the rifle). The only thing that is set is the place where they show up, problem is that the game can give you none or a ton, and weirdly is not even difficulty related.

It's a different story for the Combo Master and Keep It Up trophies for the Vita since you're able to retry the run to get them, so even if there's a bad run, you can try again. So there a method can be established.

My opinion anyway.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2019 at 4:02 AM, cris3f said:

I had to check on your platinums before responding. I've noticed you have played a lot of Lego games, were those platinums also luck based? So I will make it simple for you. This game is base on SKILLS and STRATEGY. The method I posted worked 90% of the time, only way to die its if you do something silly and don't pay attention on ur surroundings. Luck base games are way different than this (like those which require RNG). Anyways, don't know how much you suffered to get this but I had to try and make one simple method for those who don't have much skills and trust me, it works fine. I also used this multiple times to make sure it works so I posted it. C ya!

1 hour ago, AnGEIHisPANo said:

I had to check on your platinums before responding. I've noticed you have played a lot of Lego games, were those platinums also luck based? So I will make it simple for you. This game is base on SKILLS and STRATEGY. The method I posted worked 90% of the time, only way to die its if you do something silly and don't pay attention on ur surroundings. Luck base games are way different than this (like those which require RNG). Anyways, don't know how much you suffered to get this but I had to try and make one simple method for those who don't have much skills and trust me, it works fine. I also used this multiple times to make sure it works so I posted it. C ya!

I also play EDF games a lot, they're also luck based too of course, no skills and strategy necessary. And yes, I just have all the games done because someone else does them for me online or I farm a gazillion armor to solve them. Yes, Dead Nation main game is skills and strategy that's why I love it. Road of devastation is not. If I suffered or not I'm not going to comment. But suit yourself.

Have fun.

Can somebody explain the difference in playing the morbid run in co-op versus solo.  I played the 1st round in co-op and we died quite a few times.  I then played the 1st 2 missions solo and had little issue died maybe once or twice.  is that how the rest of the game is on morbid solo if you already maxed everything out for armor?  Or does it get super difficult in the later rounds.  The 1st two rounds almost seemed like the difficulty below it did without the upgrades.  Co-op it was a bitch.   I need to go back to it but honestly I find it hard to go back to, it was so repetitive.

On 5/15/2019 at 3:03 AM, AnGEIHisPANo said:

Don't know if people are having problems getting to round 10 (like I did) but I used this method and it was really easy on first try. Here is the video (speed it up if you want):

thanks this another method,I may try it out ,since this round 10 survival is my last trophy :(

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Got it today after 5 or 6 tries to experiment, mi final run was:

Weapon:  SMG almost maxed only

Round 1 : Armor 

Round 2 : Money (Loot all chests to be able to lvl up turret to the max in the next round)

Round 3 : Supply (Turret) 

Round 4 : Healt (portable med kit) 

Round 5 : Supply (Mine) 

Round 6 : Healt (Dont stop to kill, just run to the final arena using flares, cars or vending machines to distract if needed)

Round 7 : Supply (Dont stop to kill, just run to the final arena using flares, cars or vending machines to distract if needed)

Round 8 : Healt (Dont stop to kill, just run to the final arena using flares, cars or vending machines to distract if needed)

Round 9 : Supply (Dont stop to kill, just run to the final arena using flares, cars or vending machines to distract if needed)

In the arenas just get to a corner, put 3 turrets and some mines while using the smg.

And remember that luck is a factor too, in one of mi runs I got killed by a pod that landed on my head on the round 9 arena ?

Edited by Zetsuo
Tipo

• 4 months later...

This is what worked for me on PS3, then first try on PS4. I kinda horde items for later use in games, so I was running into trouble with other methods. This way I knew I had plenty of money to use everything and resupply right after. 

1. Money...slowly to get all...max Rifle and flares.

2. Turrets...run through to just get item and finish.

3. Money...slowly to get all again.

4. Mines...run through to get item, put down all turrets at box if needed to make it safe....max mines and restock. Run through to end, drop 4 turrets in the water as soon as you drop then place mines and use flares.

5. Health...slowly to get everything. I used one turret and one mine at start to get health to max...use everything else final area.

6. Grenades...use everything at box to lock down area again...max grenades and restock, run to end.

7. Health...same as before unless your health is good, just run to end and put everything down.

8. Dynamite...lock down box area...max dynamite and restock, run to end.

9. Health...same.

Health was the easiest run so I made sure that was last. Using all the items at the end each time made it really easy for me. 

• 1 year later...
On 16/05/2019 at 9:02 AM, cris3f said:

I have to disagree. I'm in the process of working on this trophy, and it's by far hardest trophy I ever did. I suck at 'think fast/act fast' type of games. It's like I freeze when there's too much to react to. And yet, after many hours of grinding, I know that I'm on git gud path. Where as I could barely reach round six when I started, now I always reach round 8 every time (sample size of 5, but I didn't feel like I was getting lucky). 

I would say it's 85% skill and 15% RNG.

Edited by depresso-cat
Gramma

• 1 month later...

I can't remember the exact paths I took but do remember that I was able to control the amount of enemies that spawned at certain points in the levels.  Simply by creeping forward slowly I would try to always keep a small amount of enemies on the screen at all times n trying to not advance further to spawn the huge group in.  Sometimes doing this would glitch enemies out to the point that they wouldn't spawn at all, cutters especially.  Used this method and was able to get all 3 sets of this dlc completed in 2 days a few yrs back.

• 1 month later...

the path I followed:

1.rifle to full power, money

2.keep upgrading the rifle, grenade launcher: this will be your main "big guys" killer. And until you get turrets and mines, the flares + grenade launcher work great as well to disperse big groups of zombies.

3.money

4.turrets

5.armor <-- more armor more survivality, right? but be careful with the cutters you'll find through this route.

6.mines

7.health (medkit) <-- the health route also gives you a lot of money. Remember to break the medkits you are not going to use in order to convert them to cash before going to the next areas.

8.whatever you want, I chose grenades

9. health (medkit)

With this setup I was able to clean everything advancing slowly. Feel free to try a few times and suffer embarassing defeats before the definitive run, as some waves are kinda the same. In huge areas where they allow you to go forward a few screens and go back, a turret in the area helps to control big waves. Grenade launchers for cutters and jumpers, and for the arena in the end of each level, use preemptively your left turrets, mines and grenades to do quick mince meat of everything that goes your way. With the money of 1st, 3rd level ,and the health level, you should resupply with ease.

Edited by Ekir
tips

Did it twice in a row just for fun, try this route, makes it very easy to push through last rounds.

Armor go full proto for speed,

Money to upgrade flare and smg

Turrets for extra help

Money to upgrade turrets and smg

Mines for extra help against hordes of stronger enemies 

Money to upgrade everything

Shotgun for extra security

Health just run through

Weapon just run through 

Rifle is useless as it's slow to aim, smg allows you to run past enemies while shooting at cars with alarms/electric boxes.

Money route is easy but lots of enemies can easily screw you over so play it safe there and don't be afaird to use all flares for quick money box access, you won't flares in the final part of this route anyway. Took me around 35mins to do it this way.

• 6 months later...

I did it this way :)

round 1- upgrade flare, money route

round 2-weapon route, upgrade smg inventory power & finished maxing out flare. buy rocket lancher

round 3-money route

round 4- supplies route maxed out rocket ammo before setting off. grabbed turret and max its stats.

round 5-health route get med kit

round 6-weapon route get blade cannon 

round 7-health route replenish med kit if you need to

round 8-weapon route didn't get any weapons just restocked on ammo

round 9-health route

round 10 weapon route