Valkirye22

Drones/Balloons missable?

29 posts in this topic

I got about 25 drones in my first playthrough and then just started a new game and got the remaining 5 quite easily. They stack between playthroughs.

1 hour ago, JingjangSotona said:

I got about 25 drones in my first playthrough and then just started a new game and got the remaining 5 quite easily. They stack between playthroughs.

Unless they fixed it in a patch they don't always carry over.  I think it is dependant on what random intel number it gives you.  It likely gave you 5 that you didn't get in the first playthrough.

On 8/12/2019 at 4:39 PM, Snake2410 said:

Unless they fixed it in a patch they don't always carry over.  I think it is dependant on what random intel number it gives you.  It likely gave you 5 that you didn't get in the first playthrough.

I think the odds of the first (and only) 5 drones that I got in my second playthrough having precisely the intel numbers which I missed in the first playthrough are extremely low, frankly.  But I did not track those numbers closely to confirm the numbers, of course. Just saying what worked for me.

2 hours ago, JingjangSotona said:

I think the odds of the first (and only) 5 drones that I got in my second playthrough having precisely the intel numbers which I missed in the first playthrough are extremely low, frankly.  But I did not track those numbers closely to confirm the numbers, of course. Just saying what worked for me.

I was just saying that there were people that this didn't work for, and that was what I suspected was why it didn't.  There would have been 9 different intel numbers you had missed.  

The other possibility for those that it didn't work for is that maybe they got the bugged intel #006, the one that doesn't save to your game save and disappears when you reload/fast travel, multiple times.  That one then can be required multiple times, it gets dropped back into the rng for intel on each drone.