Welp, someone really borked this trophy list

17 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

This list is amazing, glad it requires you to beat every game, I'm actually enjoying this list and plan to get all 3 stacks.

Could do with a platinum but hey it's going to be fun doing these :)

Happy to get the games on PS4 and regardless enjoy this with or without trophies

My thoughts exactly! It could have only 2 trophies for all I care , it's friggin castlevania <3 ! Time to whip some ghouls and remind of the good old days (nostalgia slap)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Bairuto said:

Looks like a lot of effort for a 100%

I would have said the opposite. All trophies is just beat all games with all characters (if the game has multiple characters). It is about the least amount of effort I would reasonably expect anyone to put into the collection with the exception of "Beat each game once".

Would have liked to see some challenge runs but ultimately I am just really happy to play through these games again and have a western release of Kid Dracula.

Love Castlevania! Hope everyone enjoys =)

Shame about the list, but ah well, I'll probably still grab it anyway, depending on the price that is (I'm usually just careful in general on what I get, just so I don't overspend or anything like that).  Only one I've really played is the first one via an emulator once... didn't get that far into the game, was terrible at it.

But I'll still like to play each of these, especially Simon's Quest to see just how bad it was suppose to be, if those bad translations/vague hints are in the game, or if they've been improved upon (I only know about that from AVGN's video xD ).

34 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Actually, this is better for trophy completionists as there are less points to be earned,nthus your completion wont drop as much when you start it.

Who gives a shit if it has a plat or not, a good game is a good game.

I agree. As long as it's fun it doesn't need to have a plat. Buying a game just for the plat isn't always a good idea. 20 bucks for this is worth it. a plat would be nice but I'm not crazy about it. I already have CastleVania 1 and 2 on NES mini, CastleVania 3 on Wii Virtual Console and CastleVania 4 on SNES Mini so I might skip on this one.  

I was extremely looking forward to this game and I can't tell how disappointed I am that it has no platinum.
That's nothing but a shame!
Finishing various games 12 times in total, all for 300 points. That's ridiculous.
I'm lost of words...

Sorry but I've gotta add another 'fuck this trophy list' post. It's really obnoxious to release a compilation of games & not include a platinum imo. I guess with 3 stacks it might work out to a similar amount of points so there's that at least. I'd be interested to know who did the emulation. Expecting save states & an easy life with this but I'd laugh my arse off if the opposite was true. I'm definitely waiting for a sale regardless & in the meantime maybe I'll just set up the Mega Drive since I still own a boxed copy of bloodlines ;p

With that said I'm also a little bit sympathetic to the 'at least the games are coming out' way of thinking, better than nothing that's for sure.

I play for gameplay first and trophies second and these games are classics so I’m buying it even without a Plat. 

No Plat didn’t stop me from playing and enjoying Sonic Mania either.

only thing that would have pleased me more is if this collection and the Contra collection got retail releases, even if only in Japan like the Capcom Beat Em Up Collection did.

Edited by DieHardDavidN
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Those don't have any plats either, so you won't be playing them, so I don't see why this is relevant?

I've already finished them on their original systems and they don't have plats, so TWO reasons for me not to add them to my profile.

6 hours ago, Optinooby said:

When we complain we are always more vocal, thats just humans as a whole, look at the s**tfest the media has become. If u were always talking postitive, it would get pretty boring.

Almost every forum on the net has people complaining.

Here I am complaining now lol.

I dont see anything bad in it, just opinions at the end of the day and the net allows us to be vocal.

On a site about trophies, its pretty obvious complaints will be made when there are not enough trophies, its basically anti-site. Same with any site, you will see a lot of complaints on anything that goes against the site.

That said, I for on am not bothered abt the trophies and am not bothered abt complaints. But from a trophy website perspective, I can understand the complaints.

I remember playing castlevania SNES in the day and to be honest, playing these old 16-bit (8-bit games are even worse) games are pretty boring for me compared to the range of games today. So I wont planning on buying anyhow, especially not with Bloodstained around the corner.

I know its nostalgia can be powerful and other stuff, but I just dont see how u could enioy 8-bit games like this today.

I mean at least similar looking games created today have much more range and depth to them, back in the day, they were fun, but they just dont compare to games today.

This post made me super sad.

Games from the 1980s and 1990s are some of the best games ever released, even with less complexity. I do not have rose-tinted glasses on, and I am of the opinion that gaming is as good as it has ever been in the 2010s (outside of micro-transactions and day 1 DLC garbage). But to come to the conclusion that old games have no value and cannot be enjoyed by modern gamers is absolute rubbish. Some of my 15 year old son's favorite games include Mega Man X, A Link to the Past, and Super Mario Brothers 3.  I'm curious as to why you would even come to this game's trophy list and comment here, having no interest in it lol smh

Edited by UrbanaSupernovA
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Optinooby said:

When we complain we are always more vocal, thats just humans as a whole, look at the s**tfest the media has become. If u were always talking postitive, it would get pretty boring.

Almost every forum on the net has people complaining.

Here I am complaining now lol.

I dont see anything bad in it, just opinions at the end of the day and the net allows us to be vocal.

On a site about trophies, its pretty obvious complaints will be made when there are not enough trophies, its basically anti-site. Same with any site, you will see a lot of complaints on anything that goes against the site.

That said, I for on am not bothered abt the trophies and am not bothered abt complaints. But from a trophy website perspective, I can understand the complaints.

I remember playing castlevania SNES in the day and to be honest, playing these old 16-bit (8-bit games are even worse) games are pretty boring for me compared to the range of games today. So I wont planning on buying anyhow, especially not with Bloodstained around the corner.

I know its nostalgia can be powerful and other stuff, but I just dont see how u could enioy 8-bit games like this today.

I mean at least similar looking games created today have much more range and depth to them, back in the day, they were fun, but they just dont compare to games today.

bro what

there are plenty of old games that still hold up

are there good games coming out nowadays? yes, but that doesn't mean older games are bad either

Earthbound and Chrono Trigger are still some of the greatest JRPGs ever made, and Mario Bros 3 is still held up as one of the best 2D platformers of all time

editing to post this for anyone who cares

https://gematsu.com/2019/05/castlevania-anniversary-collection-update-to-add-japanese-title-variants

@NekoRave you’ll probably be interested in this news

Edited by DEI2EK
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

bro what

there are plenty of old games that still hold up

are there good games coming out nowadays? yes, but that doesn't mean older games are bad either

Earthbound and Chrono Trigger are still some of the greatest JRPGs ever made, and Mario Bros 3 is still held up as one of the best 2D platformers of all time

editing to post this for anyone who cares

https://gematsu.com/2019/05/castlevania-anniversary-collection-update-to-add-japanese-title-variants

@NekoRave you’ll probably be interested in this news

Agreed that any great game of any era is timeless. These are phenomenal games in this collection. The point of this thread was that compared to the last Castlevania compilation, this list is extremely disappointing, esp given it contains 4 times the games of Requiem. It is what it is, but that doesnt mean we can't express our displeasure. 

As for your edit about Konomi adding the JP variants later, that is just awesome. 

Edited by Startyde