Welp, someone really borked this trophy list

7 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

well it's not like these games are hard, minus maybe CV3. If the password screen is still in there, you could skip to the final level of every game and just beat it for each of the trophies

I'd disagree that they are not hard. I only played 2 of the games in this collection when I was younger but I didn't beat either of them. I also struggled with but did beat the first Castlevania on my 3DS a few years ago. I didn't know about those cheats you mentioned. Hopefully trophies are disabled if you use them.

Edited by DaikichiKawachi

10 hours ago, Spaz said:

We might as well rename PSNProfiles to PSNWhiners.

So basically people on here can't express when the don't like something, only when they like something.

This is a horrible trophy list. I don't mind difficult trophy lists, I don't mind non-platinum lists, but combining the two for a retro collection in which only half the games are somewhat good is pretty off-putting. I've beaten 1-4 back in the day, and only 4 is only worth re-visiting...sorry, the juice is not worth the squeeze with this one.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, nazareth357 said:

I heavily agree with you, I used to really enjoy scrolling through the forums, but for the past two years or so this site has heavily degraded into nothing but a bitchfest, even the moderators do nothing but bitch about something half the time. 

*is negative while complaining about people being negative*

Brilliant. Be the chance you want to see.

@ Topic - Bummer, enjoyed getting the Requiem plat. But, won't stop me from getting it (eventually; don't think this is retail in NA so sale for me)

8 hours ago, BuTTBR41N said:

you would believe that so many companies fucked up instead of sony being the problem here with their weird ass trophies policies?

Not sure how you could think it's Sony when things like Ratalika, My Name is Mayo, that one game that was pulled because it basically put in the description that it was selling a plat, etc get plats by virtue of the devs just wanting to base their entire business model on easy to get platinum trophies. I just don't think these companies give a shit about it. Wouldn't be surprised if a plat costs a bit more to do and they pass for that reason alone.

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 1

Street Fighter collection was very similar to this.

With the amount of collections that have MULTIPLE FULL GAMES that have a 100% and nonsense games like 1000 puzzle and I Am Mayo that have Platinums.

I think we can all agree, that trophy lists are just complete and utter nonsense now.

There's no logic anymore to which games have plats and which don't.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 3

The street fighter collection trophy list was really insulting because capcom had the nerve to charge 40$ for it so for that price i would expect a plat since it qualifies as a full retail game. Another thing that bothers me is the inconsistency, the other two konami collections got plats but to see this one not get one kind of feels fishy(and would be even more fishy if the contra one gets one after castlevania didn't) since at least with the capcom collections most of them didn't get plats so megaman x having one can be seen as a pleasent surprise meanwhile konami does the opposite and only makes me think wha happun.

• Like 1

If it was all golds for completing the games and then a plat for completing all of them it would be fine. 

I'm happy the list is just for beating the games (not sure the requirements for the character specific trophies) because then you can just enjoy playing. You don't need to uncover 100% of the map or do a no upgrade run or anything like that. 

Too bad no plat, though. Real bummer.

9 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Shame about the list, but ah well, I'll probably still grab it anyway, depending on the price that is (I'm usually just careful in general on what I get, just so I don't overspend or anything like that).  Only one I've really played is the first one via an emulator once... didn't get that far into the game, was terrible at it.

But I'll still like to play each of these, especially Simon's Quest to see just how bad it was suppose to be, if those bad translations/vague hints are in the game, or if they've been improved upon (I only know about that from AVGN's video xD ).

Most of the townspeople in the game are scared of Dracula and actually to lie to you...

and yeh, as far as trying to figure out the Wind Warp on your own....not really sure how they expected you to do that at all...

That being said  i'm actually one that really enjoyed Simon's Quest...I'm definitely grabbing this tomorrow, especially since it's only 19.99..

loved the series and the music (especially from the first game)

1 hour ago, RedDevil757 said:

This is what makes me dislike trophies. Judge the package on the games, not the achievements included.

These are mutually exclusive.

This is a collection of 8 incredible retro platformers.

It also has an asinine trophy list compared to other recent Konomi releases. 

If you have an issue discussing the trophies of a game, I remind that you're posting on PSNP. 

Edited by Startyde
  • Like 2

Oof, that trophy list is a huge disappointment. Not just because of the lack of a platinum, but also because it only has 14 trophies in total. It includes what? 8 games? There's so much they could have done with a full trophy list... This just shows that Konami really don't give a fuck. I suspect the only reason why Castlevania Requiem got a good list is because of Sony's involvement with it.

With that being said, I will definitely buy this at some point because I've never played most of the classic Castlevania games before and I've always wanted to. I'm sure I'll love them. It's just a shame that the trophy hunting side of things won't be satisfying at all.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

This is what makes me dislike trophies. Judge the package on the games, not the achievements included.

If somebody choose not to buy a specific game, there is ALWAYS a reason to it.

Trophies is just another reason, the more content we see in games as they keep evolving is just going to keep adding to those reasons.

On the plus side, now there are MORE reasons to buy a specific game.

Trophies are not the problem. If somebody wants a game, they WILL buy, choosing not over something so trivial shows that the person isnt really invested in the game.

Trophies dont deserve all the h8 they get, there just easy to blame I guess.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Startyde said:

These are mutually exclusive.

This is a collection of 8 incredible retro platformers.

It also has an asinine trophy list compared to other recent Konomi releases. 

If you have an issue discussing the trophies of a game, I remind that you're posting on PSNP. 

I'm well aware of where I am posting. It just saddens me when I see the no plat no buy comments. People used to play games for fun not for a digital trophy. Yes I realise trophies can be fun but that's not the point I'm trying to make.

Now you can release a crap game with an easy stacking plat trophy and that'll sell well. Release a good game without one or a hard plat and it'll be avoided. It's the side of the whole achievement system I dislike.

Personally now I see 100% as complete. Not a platinum. They've become so devalued.

Now about this trophy list. I'm not bothered about the missing platinum but I would of liked to see more trophies.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Spaz said:

I was lucky enough to have an older cousin who happened to own some of these Castlevania games. I was able to play them before my generation was able to pick games up on their own.

Shame that you younger people missed out.

Anyway, should we really expect this trophy list to be anything outstanding?

The Castlevania Requiem collection and the Mega Man Legacy X Collection Vols 1 & 2 surprised us. I will admit wholeheartedly that them having a platinum trophy was rather generous.

I see too many people these days judge a collection or a game entirely on the trophies and just the trophies. That's why Ratalaika Games can continue to get away with their crap because there are enough trophy hunters to buy their products just for the shitty trophy lists. 30 minutes later they have a new platinum trophy to add to their collection.

Yeah, this sucks for a lot of you. But this type of complaining was just as prevalent in Sonic Mania when it was revealed it didn't have a platinum.

Everyone feels everything should have a platinum. And when it doesn't they are disgruntled and they automatically skip a game because it doesn't have a platinum. Just like what people did to HITMAN 2.

We might as well rename PSNProfiles to PSNWhiners.

Don't be a clown please I think most people interested in the game here has played some of them already, I myself returned and played almost all Castlevania games as I'm a big fan.
I have thousands of hours in Harmony of Despair I played it till my eyes fell and Castlevania isn't even in my generation so please quit with the bullshit young talk age don't really matter any gamer could return and beat those games if they try as they're not Super Meat Boy.

And not having Platinum for all this effort and money 25$ is bullshit. Stupid doggamn Konami assholes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dark-Hax- said:

Don't be a clown please I think most people interested in the game here has played some of them already, I myself returned and played almost all Castlevania games as I'm a big fan.
I have thousands of hours in Harmony of Despair I played it till my eyes fell and Castlevania isn't even in my generation so please quit with the bullshit young talk age don't really matter any gamer could return and beat those games if they try as they're not Super Meat Boy.

And not having Platinum for all this effort and money 25$ is bullshit. Stupid doggamn Konami assholes.

By your logic, 100 percent games shouldn’t exist and DLC content should be given more points. 

Most people couldn’t care less about trophies, but for those who do care these games will probably have save states just like all the other classic game collections. So they likely won’t be all that difficult, but I feel having save states is necessary because a couple of these games were indeed difficult. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spaz said:

By your logic, 100 percent games shouldn’t exist and DLC content should be given more points. 

Most people couldn’t care less about trophies, but for those who do care these games will probably have save states just like all the other classic game collections. So they likely won’t be all that difficult, but I feel having save states is necessary because a couple of these games were indeed difficult. 

Yes it shouldn't exist unless for an app or something like Playstation Park, DLC trophies suffer as much sometimes there's non at all Like Dark Souls 3 DLC which is fun as hell played it multiple times but I got nothing to show for it.

Everyone on this site should somehow care about trophies you know this is a dedicated website for trophies after all.
I do agree they're hard tho specially the 3rd aka Dracula's Curse but not unbeatable, with practice and adapting anyone can do it even without save states.
But save states will help some people enjoy the games I don't mind it as its an option, I think that if save state implemented only before a level not mid or anytime would be a balanced experience for all.

4 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

I'm well aware of where I am posting. It just saddens me when I see the no plat no buy comments. People used to play games for fun not for a digital trophy. Yes I realise trophies can be fun but that's not the point I'm trying to make.

Now you can release a crap game with an easy stacking plat trophy and that'll sell well. Release a good game without one or a hard plat and it'll be avoided. It's the side of the whole achievement system I dislike.

Personally now I see 100% as complete. Not a platinum. They've become so devalued.

Now about this trophy list. I'm not bothered about the missing platinum but I would of liked to see more trophies.

You hit the nail on the head.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Not sure how you could think it's Sony when things like Ratalika, My Name is Mayo, that one game that was pulled because it basically put in the description that it was selling a plat, etc get plats by virtue of the devs just wanting to base their entire business model on easy to get platinum trophies. I just don't think these companies give a shit about it. Wouldn't be surprised if a plat costs a bit more to do and they pass for that reason alone.

of course it's sony's fault. they are the platform holder and they allow this shit to slide. why else would the mentioned game all have 1000 points on another platform? in fact megaman legacy collection 1 has more achievements on 2 other platforms than on sony. capcom even mentioned that on their twitch livestream that for whatever reason, sony dont allow them to have a platinum for that collection. maybe sony just dont treat all these old ass games that originated on other platforms 1st as actual games. who knows.

lol... you would think that this one man developer have the money to pay more for a platinum in their games? if it's really that, i would believe all the EA and activision games would have no platinum no more.

6 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

I dont think trophies are to blame here, ur on a trophy website so naturally a lot of us on here find trophies fun

As I said earlier, if somebody is using trophies as a reason not to buy, then that person clearly will not find the games fun without it, they are not truly invested, wherever else the game has, it will not be fun enough for them to warrant a buy!

If I REALLY want a game, I will buy no matter, but if im on the fence, if something is missing that I enjoy, then I wont buy simple as because some of what I find fun is missing.

Trophies is 1 of many reasons, that is all.

And talking of enjoyment, if somebody buys an easy plat, its because they know trophies will allow them to enjoy the game, have fun, thats the value.

Some find trophies fun!! People wouldnt torture themselves, they know they will enjoy the journey.

Me personally, if im on the fence abt  a game, things that will put me off are;

- If the game relies too much on a online feature.

- If the game is a grind.

- Lack of trophies.

- Too much RNG.

The above are things I know will make me enjoy a game less, so if anything above is a factor, it will pus me away. Thats not too say any of the above are a disgrace to gaming. Depending how much on the fence I am depend on if 1 or more of the factors are enough to deter me.

Its up to the Devs to pull in as many players, if they dont do that, thats on them. Thas the things with games now, they is so much content, we have come to expect.....a lot!

But the truth is, there is aa lot that enjoy what I dont, there will always be players that disike a game because of this or thats its impossible to make a game that EVERYBODY likes

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

Part of me kinda digs it when I see a list like this. A huge subsection of gamers will dismiss it immediately. Those who do play it will soon realise just how hard the challenge is. Most will try and fail to 100% this but there will be a few people crazy enough to beat each game, one by one, for a measly bronze each time. When you beat Super Meat Boy or I Am Bread at least you have a platinum to show for it that you can proudly display prominently in your trophy cabinet. This list will just get lost over time down your profile. Buried and forgotten about, with barely any impact on your trophy level. If I see this game at 100% in your collection then count me impressed.

This is why I value some 100 percent games more than a lot of platinums. 

I would bet top dollar that you would see more people play Sonic Mania if it had a platinum. 

13 hours ago, rotoninja said:

So basically people on here can't express when the don't like something, only when they like something.

This is a horrible trophy list. I don't mind difficult trophy lists, I don't mind non-platinum lists, but combining the two for a retro collection in which only half the games are somewhat good is pretty off-putting. I've beaten 1-4 back in the day, and only 4 is only worth re-visiting...sorry, the juice is not worth the squeeze with this one.

I’ve been on here for 5 years and I’ve used forum websites for 15 years now. I know the gist of things. 

I cannot say I’m a huge fan of Castlevania and I will fully admit that this list is disappointing compared to Requiem. 

But, and I say but, we judge games and collections on trophies far too much. 

It is simply pathetic that people outright skipped Hitman 2 because it doesn’t have a platinum. People said the same thing on Sonic Mania. But they also complain when something like ‘Mein Leben’ comes up and then they gripe that they will never get that trophy. 

Too many people just outright skip games based on their trophy list without even giving them a chance. I played through Wolfenstein 2 once. I felt it wasn’t as good as Wolfenstein The New Order, but it was still decent. 

It’s complete bogus that an old Konami arcade shooter collection gets a platinum and yet the classic Castlevania collection doesn’t. Going by what people have said here they might as well just ban 100 percent trophy lists, give more trophy points to DLC content and have anything with a platinum.

There’s no standard anymore, I think that standard died out when we transitioned to the PS4 era, and now any shitty Ratalalika game can get a platinum with 10 - 11 gold trophies while lists like the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection don’t get one. And since it’s non-platinum, it gets pushed to the back burner. 

If it doesn’t have a platinum you push away people. If it’s difficult, you push away more people. 

I have the utmost respect for those who can get difficult 100 percents like Cloudberry Kingdom done.

• Like 2