Welp, someone really borked this trophy list

Copy paste my comment from my Xbox Trueachievements page:

"The game menus work just fine for me. It's not the same as the Arcade Classics. You have a few options for screen aspect ratio, as well as background borders to choose from. 6 of the games has a Password system, while the other 2 require you to play from start to finish in one play. There's no rewind as far as I can see, but the save state option exist at least. The version I downloaded from the store is the Japanese version, and Simon's Quest remained the English version, while the 7 other games were Japanese ports. Quick and simple if you know exactly what you're doing~"

Also, one achievement got a broken time stamp which added 7 hours into the actual time that I popped the achievement and that was "beat CV3 with Alucard" but that was probably an error on the Xbox side. Secondly, 3 achievements were not appearing or scanned properly to the websites either and those were the Bloodlines and SCV4 cheevos.

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Castlevania-Anniversary-Collection/achievements?gamerid=284902

For those wondering about how you can download it, the Japanese store on xbox had it up at 3:00am Europe time. I can't say about the other game stores but I was able to play just fine at least.

Edited by VixyNyan
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Necroadr said:

Dude this game will sell like hotcakes on Switch, while PS4 won't get that many sales based on the responses on this thread.

It’s technically a re-release of the old Castlevania games all bundled in a collection. 

1 minute ago, Spaz said:

It’s technically a re-release of the old Castlevania games all bundled in a collection. 

Exactly, that's what makes it great. It also includes a digital book with story bits, art, etc., but since there's no trophy for reading that most people won't care.

Does this have savestates like the arcade collection did? Or at least a manual save so you can quit out and retry on deaths? 

The games are hard, but not that hard. Unless savescumming is a major PITA, I don't see this being a very difficult 100%. Time-consuming, but the games are all great except maybe Kid Dracula and CV II: Simon's Quest.

Edited by scary_atheist
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, scary_atheist said:

Does this have savestates like the arcade collection did? Or at least a manual save so you can quit out and retry on deaths? 

The games are hard, but not that hard. Unless savescumming is a major PITA, I don't see this being a very difficult 100%. Time-consuming, but the games are all great except maybe Kid Dracula and CV II: Simon's Quest.

46 minutes ago, LunchCannon54 said:

Considering most of them use passwords systems can you just enter the old passwords to beat those games and get the trophies? Might see some skewed results because of that compared to the ones that don't use them. 

Yes, the passwords work. I do not own a PS4, but it works on Xbox for sure. 5 of the games have the exact same passwords no matter if you picked International or Japanese version of the Collection, however, the old passwords for Kid Dracula only seem to work on Japanese version, since the new translated English version has changed the password pattern algorithm completely. Castlevania NES and Castlevania the Adventure GB doesn't have password or stage select, so you have to play those from start to finish, but they are very short games so no problems at all really. :3

On 15/5/2019 at 6:08 AM, Icebrand1270 said:

Before the "deserving/undeserving" debate grows to epic proportions for the hundredth time, I'll just say that this will be on par with Mega Man Legacy Collection as one of the most difficult PSN 100s ever, due to its incredible old-school difficulty.

That said, I am picking this one up as 2 of the first games I ever saw through to the end as a kid were Dracula's Curse and Castlevania The Adventure. Enter nostalgia, pain and younger fans realizing what old-school tough really is all about. I love it!

nah its gunna get a lot more easier than mega man collection already beat most of the games on their consoles some time back 

and now i beat 2 of the games in the collection

On 5/15/2019 at 8:49 PM, BuTTBR41N said:

of course it's sony's fault. they are the platform holder and they allow this shit to slide. why else would the mentioned game all have 1000 points on another platform? in fact megaman legacy collection 1 has more achievements on 2 other platforms than on sony. capcom even mentioned that on their twitch livestream that for whatever reason, sony dont allow them to have a platinum for that collection. maybe sony just dont treat all these old ass games that originated on other platforms 1st as actual games. who knows.

lol... you would think that this one man developer have the money to pay more for a platinum in their games? if it's really that, i would believe all the EA and activision games would have no platinum no more.

You don't believe lazy, greedy companies wouldn't bother to pay extra for something that means literally nothing? M'kay.

It's not that they can't "afford" it, it's that they wouldn't care to waste extra money for something that means nothing. If that's even how it works.

It's not Sony, otherwise there'd be no reliable way to build a business on easy platinums. In yet, you can. Clearly you can get a platinum if you ACTUALLY WANT ONE. Otherwise, companies like Rata couldn't build a business off it. They'd have to worry that their next game(s) don't get a plat. Yet they always do. Many plats for all the regions and platforms too. Gee, almost like they want them and get them or something...

Edited by Elvick_

On 15.5.2019 at 4:19 PM, SnowxSakura said:

well it's not like these games are hard, minus maybe CV3. If the password screen is still in there, you could skip to the final level of every game and just beat it for each of the trophies

The first Castlevania on the Gameboy isn't easy either. Good luck beating it without savestate or infinite lives.

All the old classic games I have in my trophy profile have had a save feature or rewind of some sort, and this is no different. 

This collection is no different, so the trophies won’t be as difficult to get. I give major respect and props to all those kids who grew up in the NES era and were able to beat these games legit.