Problem with 2nd controler

Hi for the trophy of discover Akuma in Street Fighter II Turbo i use the method of the pstrophies guide so :

Super Street Fighter II Turbo marks the series debut of Akuma. To unlock this trophy, you only need to trigger his fight. You do not need to defeat him. There are several ways of doing this. 

• Defeat the first 11 opponents without using a continue, in under 1500 seconds of game time in arcade mode.
  • Having a total score of more than 1.2 million in arcade mode by the time you reach M. Bison.
  • Holding down an attack button for 2 seconds after winning 12 consecutive times against challengers in arcade mode.

Even if you meet one of these requirements, Akuma may not appear so make a manual save after every match just in case. 

By far the easiest way is by using the Second Controller method to defeat the first 11 arcade mode opponents. Start arcade mode and let the CPU select a character, then press StartButton.png on the second controller and select the same character the CPU was. Repeat this process up until the Sagat fight. Make a SAVE here. Defeat Sagat and Akuma should be your next opponent. If Akuma doesn't appear, reload your save until he does. The trophy will unlock as soon as the fights starts.

i used that during 7 fight but now when i press STR with my second controler, i can't have challenger just a pause screen, i restart the arcade same problem and i restart the game too, same...