What is your current Platinum goal for the year?

Mine is currently to try and get as close to 100 Platinum's as possible. I've been rather lackluster at it the past few months, but recently decided to get back into it and see how close I can get. And it got me to wondering. Just what exactly is your current Platinum count and whats your goal for this year?

• Like 1

I was hoping for 200 this year, looks like that will be pretty easy.  It's mostly tackling the horrendous backlog now.

I need to get back into RDR2, with only smaller gaming sessions at the moment I've not been inclined to sink into it.

I would like to hit 50. It's a modest goal, but sticking with any game long enough for the platinum it tough since I like to play new games as much as possible and game time is limited. But I may be out from work for 4-6 weeks in a couple of months so I may get a boost. I'm actually more interested in my overall ranking on the site and I'd like to make it to the top 1% this year. I'm very close. 

My goal for this year is to make a dent into my backlog over the summer and platinum as many games as I can. I would like to hit 70 platinums by the end of the year, think I have 56 right now but if I hit 70 it would be the most platinums I have gotten in a year. 

Hoping to get to 100 (at 79). Realistically though, maybe get to 90?

I'm trying to think in my head how I would realistically get 21 plats in 7 months, and I can't without a little PS+ luck or buying 8-10 short games. 3 plats per month is a huge haul for me since I've been averaging about 1 per month for a while. I got a few easy games saved, but not 20 of them.

• Like 1

think i said sometime back that i would get 400 platinums this year. last game was a bust but there's plenty more to work with.

special collection machines went from 5/10 to 9/10.

may come back to it, even if just to finish those games but i gotta keep going.

Edited by lordguwa

My only goal is to keep my completion as close as 100% as possible, I dont have a number of platinum goal, sometimes I like a game and I stay on it for few months without playing anything else, so in one year I can get 3 platinum like I can get 30... It doesnt really matter to me how many I have, as I think that every platinum dont have the same value... (just my opinion)

Edit :

1 hour ago, PhantomBlade19 said:

[...] my main goal is to reach below 40% average trophy rarity. 

Well I was thinking that it was a good goal but... How do you do that exactly ? If there is a game that you could like but with too many common trophies then you dont play it ? 

Edited by llljulll

Earning another 30 plats to get 60 by the end of the year would be great. I've been hunting for 8 months and played a lot of long games so my count is a bit lacklustre. So I'm going to try to pick up the slack and try not to resort to too many cheap EZPZ games just to reach that goal!

- Get as many COOP plats with my Wife as we can <3

- Get plats in these games  - Nuclear Throne, I Am Bread, Strafe, OlliOlli 2, Max Payne 3 and many others... xD

- Get 1000000 UR trophies than sell them and buy homeless cat's food ;)

I don't care about completion, rarity, leaderbord or stuff like that so that's it.

• Like 4

My goal is to work on my ultra rare/very rare platinum collection (only have 2 each at the moment). Don’t really have a specific number in mind but it’s more about taking myself in a more challenging direction because a large chunk of my plats are of the 30 min-2 hour 5 buck variety. 

I have the 2 hardest no deaths in Super Meat Boy left to do, and I bought “I am Bread” during a sale because SMB got me addicted to pain. 

Edited by Datboy1991
  • Like 1

Right now my only goal is to make Mortal Kombat 11 my milestone for platinum #75. Then stop caring so much about completion and go through my backlog and play a new game every day. Then maybe I'll go back and try to reach 100, but having every game on my account is my main focus.

• Like 1