Encountering "Purchase shield" bug at beginning of Playthrough 2

I just started up a second playthrough with my level 47 Brick and I'm hit with what I now realize is a known bug. During the third or fourth main mission you have to get Dr. Ned's medical vending machine back online with a part found just outside of town. Once the machine is back up and running the last part of the mission is to buy a shield from it. Unfortunately, in Playthrough 2, this shield purchase doesn't register and hence I cannot complete and turn in the mission, hence I can't proceed through the story.

Still, in the online co-op match making lobby I see plenty of other players at various stages throughout their second playthrough. How do they get passed this bug?

• Like 1

I'm not even sure what to tell you here. I completed this mission in playthrough 2 without issue. 

Now, I don't know this for sure. But the bug might happen because the game recognizes that you already have a Shield equipped. So try removing your shield then buying the one from the vending machine. Either way that shouldn't be an issue because all you're doing is purchasing a shield. which is a normal game mechanic. 

But I really don't know...it's the first I've heard of this one. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...