Skull & Bones delayed to 2020, not at E3 2019

MidnightDragon

Ubisoft announced today they will be delaying Skull & Bones to 2020 and it will not appear at E3 this year.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ubisofts-skull-and-bones-delayed-again-skipping-e3/1100-6466914/

Maybe you should focus on making a game before turning it into a TV show. Just a thought! 

Doesn't really bother me. Back when it was originally revealed, it just looked like they made a game completely centered around the Naval combat from Assassin's Creed IV. It literally looked like they ripped it right out of the game and made it it's own thing. So, while I enjoyed the naval combat in AC4, being able to get away from it and do other things is part of what made AC4 so great. The idea of a game that's ONLY AC Naval combat isn't all that appealing to me. 

21 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Hoping this means they're working/polishing up a robust single player. Even if the game was based mainly on MP/Online I'd still get it if the SP was more than just some bare bones tutorial.

I think they saw what happens when an unfinished game like Anthem and Fallout 76 come out and decided to polish it up more.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2019 at 8:25 PM, MidnightDragon said:

Well, the stupid thing is they announced there will be a Skull & Bones TV series...uh, why don't you all focus on your damn game first?!

Exactly. Just what are they thinking? Announcing a TV series based on the S&B game before its launch makes hardly any sense. The game should come 1st. If the game gets a good reception, then think about the TV series.

Generally I don't really give a damn about movie & TV adaptations of video games anyway... it doesn't help that so many have been laughably bad.

On 5/16/2019 at 10:25 AM, MidnightDragon said:

Well, the stupid thing is they announced there will be a Skull & Bones TV series...uh, why don't you all focus on your damn game first?!

100% agree, though it would be funny if tv show comes out first and is a massive flop xD 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Conker said:

100% agree, though it would be funny if tv show comes out first and is a massive flop xD 

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/skull-and-bones-tv-show-will-begin-production-ahea/1100-6465112/

In fact, it's starting production ahead of the game. What if the game is delayed another time, then the TV show gets canceled before the release? It may well turn out that the show starts off doing good, then plummets in the ratings & gets the axe after 6 weeks. Ubisoft seems a bit smug.

Edited by gameoverDude189

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
11 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Sorry for reviving this old topic, but I will volunteer to put this game out of its misery.

https://www.ign.com/articles/skull-and-bones-has-lost-its-third-creative-director 

That's kind of a shame...it was finally doing something interesting. I didn't like the look of the game when we first saw it, it looked like they ripped the naval combat from AC4 and said "this is the game, that's it". I liked the naval combat in AC4 but didn't want a game that was ONLY that, and literally a direct copy of it (I believe the original reveal of it even copied over the sea shanties). But one of the last times we saw it, it looked like a whole new game that was something more than just an AC4-Lite and they actually had me on board for the first time. 

Edited by Viper

It feels like Ubi is barely staying afloat these days, I'm guessing micro transactions are keeping their profits up because they haven't had a proper hit in a while. 

They need to rethink how they work, too many different studios involved in each project, seems like they develop with games with no proper direction or vision.

Might be wrong but that's how it seems.

Edited by JavaNext
  • Like 1

Ubisoft is a huge company, more than anyone thinks, because they dont seem to have at first any scratch with all these proyects, cancelled or delayed, compared to other brands who made also questionable decisions,, as said before here, its maybe the microtransactions income which keeps things somehow working

Back when Valhalla first came out, Ubisoft gave a report saying 50% of their entire income comes form Microtransactions and the number was steadily rising. It just goes to show you, no matter how much backlash MTX gets, there's more people out there willing to throw their real money at some cosmetics.