Why I Trophy Hunt

TrophyChief

11 hours ago, MrTrofyHuntr said:

If you had to pinpoint, why do think you hunt?

Yeah.  I think I just simply like it.

15 hours ago, Rise_GKM said:

Trophies seem special to me, they make me feel good (guess it's a mental illness :D)

Never cared about achievements on Steam, i 100% completed Quantum Break & Sunset Overdrive on Xbox but stopped caring about gamer score

puceNkje5oFiMxoJCDrQE8-320-80.jpg

Am I the only one that would like a Platinum redesign?  Maybe make it look like a champions league trophy? ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Vizard-Ichigo-- said:

Yeah.  I think I just simply like it.

Am I the only one that would like a Platinum redesign?  Maybe make it look like a champions league trophy? ?

Good enough reason as any. Agree on the Platinum redesign. Never really liked it myself. Perhaps someday...I really hope that Playstation really focuses on the trophy/achievement system with the roll out of PS5 or upcoming firmware updates.

• Like 1

It gives me some sense of pride and accomplishment that I sometimes struggle to find in real life (of course, it doesn’t actually fix anything for me though ;))

I find that when I’m achieving something and working hard, not only do I have less time for gaming, but I don’t feel nearly as drawn to it as I do otherwise.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trophy hunting for about 8 years now since i got my first plat on Alice madness returns.

When i first got the PS3 and seen all these little things pop up with the ding sound I had no idea what they meant.  Once I clicked onto what they were and popped that first plat though it was the start of an addiction for me!  The main reason I hunt is because its such a great buzz to see that plat pop especially on the more difficult games but I think the main thing is that you really get your moneys worth out of the games you play too :)

• Like 1

I actually started as an achievement hunter and then come over and started to do more trophies.  I like the idea that you get a platinum for finishing up all the trophies in a game.  Seeing that trophy makes you want to strive for it everytime and gives everyone a chance quickly too see how many games you have fully completed.  Plus seeing your xp and then level go up as you trophy hunt is always a fun feeling.

• Like 1

If it's a game I enjoy, I do like to get 100% whether it includes Platinum or not. In some games, it adds that feeling of progression/completion.

However, if I don't enjoy the game or find the trophy list dumb/too grindy I don't have a problem leaving the trophy progress in low %. I still play games for the enjoyment I get from playing them. I would never buy a game just for the sake of getting easy trophies or avoid a game I might actually like because it has hard trophies/no Platinum.

• Like 1