For Honor and PS4 External Hard Drive

BestUsername----

I have a 4TB WD Passport external hard drive, I plugged it in, reformatted it, and now have games installed on it. But for some reason For Honor won't install onto the drive even after it is finished downloading both App and App Data. It's labeled as "downloading". I did start the download before it arrived on my 500GB. But I thought that shouldn't be an issue.

So my questions is: does this happen with some games, where they don't want to install on externals? Or do I have to re-download For Honor again directly to it?

3 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

So my questions is: does this happen with some games, where they don't want to install on externals? Or do I have to re-download For Honor again directly to it?

Not sure exactly but I have For Honor on my 2TB WD Passport. If you have the data/bandwidth, I would say download it again.

I never had a issue with games downloading to external and my 6TB external is almost full...

But im not sure about your issue. are you trying to move the downloaded game from internal to external, if its huge, it may take a lonnng time.

44 minutes ago, skateak said:

Not sure exactly but I have For Honor on my 2TB WD Passport. If you have the data/bandwidth, I would say download it again.

Yeah thought about doing this since the first time it wasn't directly installing to my external and it's not a game I'm currently playing right now. Thanks for the info though.

15 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

I never had a issue with games downloading to external and my 6TB external is almost full...

But im not sure about your issue. are you trying to move the downloaded game from internal to external, if its huge, it may take a lonnng time.

I didn't have any problems downloading any other game either, used about 1 TB so far. That's both for transferring installations as well as direct installations.

I'm trying to move For Honor into my external hard drive. It's 100% done downloading, not just the "playable" section. I know that it takes a long time for bigger games that isn't the problem. The problem is that I just can't transfer it to my external as its labeled "DOWNLOADING" for some reason.