What is your favorite fighting game?

Copanele

Since 2019 has been a generous year in fighting games (MK11, Samurai Shodown 2019 and Guilty Gear anniversary edition to name a few), I was wondering, what are your favorite fighting games ? 

Any platform goes!

For me , it has to be Guilty Gear X2 Reload (really a fan of this series) , closely followed by Ultra Street Fighter 4.

Some of my all time favorite fighting series are Samurai Shodown, Art of Fighting, The King of Fighters in my earlier life cycle. I also enjoyed MK and SF but nothing close to how much I love the earlier 3. In more recent years I have really like the GG and BB series. I love how they draw you in thru the story mode. Its like watching a whole anime/movie. Also cannot not mention Naruto series. Very well made. 

21 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Also cannot not mention Naruto series. Very well made. 

I forgot about that series wow xD All I ever played was Ninja storm 3 fullburst (I think it was called) and some weird Mugen stuff on PC. I had a blast with both of them though.

Street Fighter 4 and MvC3 are definitely the ones I put the most time into and have my favorite core mechanics. I even played them somewhat competitively.

But there's just something about Injustice 1/2 that I absolutely love. There's nothing more satisfying than throwing people around with Green Lantern's ring =)

Edited by KingGuy420
  • Like 1

Smash without doubt. And I have played a large list of fighting games from a lot of saga in a lot of formats and platforms: Calibur, Tekken, Dragon Ball, Naruto, One Piece, Jump, some SNK, Street Fighter, Dissidia, and a large etc.

Why Smash well nostalgia is a big part, the amount of hours I played it also. But nothing beat a 4 man match where the real life fight is bigger than the ingame fight ( don't get it wrong I'm talking about jumping on your enemy, blocking vision, pulling controllers that kind of thing). Plus even a lot of people prefer the Omega Stage 1 on 1 fights, the chaos of the randomise of a lot of items falling makes for a lot of good laughs.

If we go more classic style probably would pick up SoulCalibur. 

And if we can't have Smash well Jump Ultimate Stars is the chosen one.

Edited by Wolf_D_Flame
  • Like 1

Hard to say, there's so many amazing entries in this genre, all full of style and class.

Off the top of my head, a top 10 would look something like:

MK9

CVS2

SCIII

ECCD

GGXAC+

MVC

GGXrd Rev2

Persona 4 Ultimax

Tekken 5

MK11

• Like 1

Tekken is my most beloved fighting franchise. Been playing since I was a kid and nothing beats a man wearing a cheetah mask kicking the absolute shit out of people.

I found out how great Marvel Vs Capcom 3 was playing against friends and the Naruto games although many wont consider them fighting games.

soul caliber 2 was great since U could play as Link other than him I used Raphael

• Like 1

Here are some of my favorites.

Fatal Fury Real Bout 2: The Newcomers - Good, but it would be even better without the multi-line system. At least some stages are thankfully 1-line battles.

Garou: Mark of the Wolves - Fewer characters than RB2, but it makes up for that with some nice improvements to gameplay like switching to a 1-line system for all stages, the T.O.P feature which kicks in to power you up when your lifebar is at a certain point, & Just Defense.

The King of Fighters XIV - SNK did a good job with taking their main series into 3D graphics, while keeping the 2D gameplay. I prefer XIV over KOF Maximum Impact- the 3D movement makes MI not feel like a true KOF game to me.

Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection (PS3)

Tekken 6 - A close 2nd to TK5. The Nancy-MI847J battle is something nice for a change.

Street Fighter III 2nd Impact & 3rd Strike - SFIV & V are alright, but SFIII 2I & 3S impress me more. One of SFIII 3rd's cooler characters, Twelve, didn't make it into IV or V. I think it may have been too hard to render him in 3D? It's awesome to see him morph into a clone of the opponent using the X.C.O.P.Y. move.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gameoverDude189 said:

Street Fighter III 2nd Impact & 3rd Strike - SFIV & V are alright, but SFIII 2I & 3S impress me more. One of SFIII 3rd's cooler characters, Twelve, didn't make it into IV or V. I think it may have been too hard to render him in 3D? It's awesome to see him morph into a clone of the opponent using the X.C.O.P.Y. move.

Woah someone else loves Street Fighter III xD that's awesome. It was really complex for its time , one of Capcom's finest and the place where "Daigo Parry" was born.

As for Twelve , I believe it didn't show up in IV or V because SF III is the last chronologically. Twelve was created by Gill so it wouldn't make much sense to appear in IV (although it might appear in V if they decide to continue the story and link it to III )

• Like 1