Earthworm Jim Review with Tommy Tallarico (Video Games Live Creator and President of Intellivision)

TheElecPlay

Tommy Tallarico and I reviewed Earthworm Jim on both the SEGA Genesis and Super Nintendo during the Video Games Live World Tour in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Tommy shares a bit of history about the inception of the creation and development of Earthworm Jim. We also share our distaste with the recent HD remake, Earthworm Jim HD.

Earthworm Jim: Spending his days eating dirt and tunneling through the earth, Jim was a very ordinary worm. When one day, BAM, an ultra-high-tech-indestructible-super-space-cyber-suit falls on him and he's cast into the throes of super-heroism. Jim was mutated into the ultra highly intelligent (for a worm) crusader that we know today. Travelling through the galaxy launching cows and battling malevolent goldfish make up a normal day in Jim's life. Dang.

This review segment was done entirely on the spot meaning there were no scripts or notes written.

A new Earthworm Jim game on the upcoming Intellivision Amico and graphic novel were just announced recently. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/05/2019 at 11:47 PM, Eremoto said:

Casually meeting Tommy Tallarico. Pretty neat! Wish I can meet with Michel Ancel one day and have an interview.

He's one of my heroes too. Rayman 2 The Great Escape was one of my favorite games on the Dreamcast and N64.