Injection π23 trophy thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/29/2019 at 11:37 AM, TachikomaShiki said:

I've been playing this recently and wanted to give some information on the game for people thinking of trying it. If you like the Silent Hill games, especially the earlier few, you may enjoy this. 

You most likely won't earn any trophies at all during your first playthrough so this isn't unusual. When you complete the game for the first time, you'll get one trophy for the ending. If though you thoroughly explore the main town between Chapters (except Chapter 1 & 2), it's possible to earn the Decision trophies which there is 3 of (not earn them all at once, just events that will happen at certain points in the game). That's it though for the first playthrough. As you can see in the trophy list, there is Chapter related trophies but they can only be earned on Nightmare difficulty (the hardest) which you unlock after completing the game once. You will actually see at the Main Menu when you first start the game you cannot access many options such as Extras until your first playthrough is done. I did have my Chapter 3 and 4 trophy glitch on me and not unlock, though once I finished my Nightmare run, I went back via Chapter Select, did them again and they unlocked fine. 

The game requires many playthroughs if you want to earn all trophies so you won't just be doing Nightmare difficulty once. This is because some collectibles only appear on Nightmare difficulty and the other endings cannot be done on Normal difficulty. It can seem very hard at first with both the enemies and the new puzzles but when you've completed it once on Nightmare, future playthroughs are much more easier since obviously you know what to expect. I would highly suggest taking a picture of a completed puzzle or writing the solution down so you can speed through it next time. 

The S Rank requires you to complete the game with an S Rank, not just acquire it (you can see your ranking at anytime when pausing the game, sometimes it may be just a Question Mark until an actual ranking appears though). To earn this in one playthrough you cannot die, you cannot use a healing item and you also need to have around 80-100 bullets on your character when the game is completed (I'm not sure of the exact number but it seems to be around this for me). If you check your ranking frequently during gameplay, you'll see it drop from an S to A and maybe even a B whenever you use a lot of ammo but then it will go back up when you pick more ammo up. If you manually save the game every Chapter though (so you can reload it if you die) then this shouldn't be too bad especially on Normal difficulty.

Four important things worth mentioning as well: 

When completing a playthrough (except your first) and automatically returning to the Main Menu after the Credits, start another playthrough (any difficulty) and save at the save point in Chapter 1 before doing anything else. I had a few completions on Nightmare difficulty where it didn't save the last few collectibles I picked up in the last few Chapters until I did this. 

Red Circles on ground require a PlayStation Mic. These are things you will find in random areas in Chapters and if you press X on one of them, a picture of a Demon will appear and the game will ask you to hold X to speak and release for recognition. This will probably completely puzzle many people so I'll explain it. For starters, it's not related to any puzzle so if you're stuck on something, it has nothing to do with one of these red circles. You can completely ignore these on your first playthrough. On Nightmare Difficulty, you can find cards of these Demons as collectibles. When you collect them, you will find in the Extras menu, the card you found and also you'll unlock a seal for that card. If you view that seal (also in the Extras menu), it'll tell you the name of that Demon on the card. The letters are a bit jumbled on the seal so use an Anagram Solver if you cannot work out the name. Make note of this picture of the Demon and its name and then when you encounter that picture of the Demon again on a red circle in a playthrough, you now know its name. You need to plug in a PlayStation mic and hold X, say its name then release X. If done correctly and you said the right name, you'll leave the view of the Demon card and the red circle will vanish and leave an item behind. Pick this up as it's one of the eight special items you need. The mic part can take a while to do as it can be very difficult for the game to recognize you said the name correctly. For a few of them, I actually left my mic near my laptop on a YouTube video pronouncing the name of the Demon and it worked.

Progress isn't saved in Chapter Select. If you replay a Chapter in Chapter Select on Nightmare Difficulty, hoping to find items you may have missed, the item will not save when picked up! Even if finishing the Chapter and doing others or even the whole game from that point you started, it will not save. So only replay Chapters if you want to maybe check for items you missed then make note of where they are to pick up for when you do another playthrough. 

PS4 Pro Boost Mode was freezing my game. My game was freezing a lot, not actually crashing but just a complete freeze with audio still playing which resulted in me having to close the application and load my last save. Eventually, I randomly tried turning off the Boost Mode in System settings and it hasn't froze since. If anyone else is experiencing freezes, I would recommend turning this off. 

The developer on Twitter has been very helpful to people who are stuck in the game and has also helped me with a lot of questions I've had. If anyone has any or would like some more information about the game or trophies, let me know and I'll try and get back to you. 

Update: I've made a Video Walkthrough of a Nightmare Difficulty run including Collectibles and the 3 Decisions in the game below, hopefully it can be helpful to anyone stuck: 

Hmm, might you consider making a trophy guide?