Block Status Updates

TheYuriG

13 minutes ago, Midnightwards666 said:

I agree. While I am fortunate enough to have only added 3 users to my ignore list, of which only 2 are active, I can still see their status updates and I even have an option to comment on it...although I don't know how the commenting works.

You can comment on it and they can see it, but you just won't be able to see if they reply to it.

It would be great if the site has an ignore feature that ignores all ignore suggestions. ;)

Just yesterday I got really annoyed and just for the first time use the ignore function because of status updates that I'm getting really tired of seeing all the damn time! I really enjoy peoples status updates its just some things I just don't want to see or care for and its all they update about. ALL the time! and it got to me yesterday...im ashamed to admit. But to my amazement I still see their updates after ignoring..please make the function/feature work better. I'm gonna assuming status update was later added to the site and was forgotten to be added to the options of ignoring; I notice there was 4-5 options. I know the site is busy working on the name change issue, but maybe check this out and just implement it? thxs!

On 5/17/2019 at 7:21 AM, Katt said:

That's a nice suggestion, but what I really want is that people I add to my ignored users list couldn't see my forum profile because there is some creep that has been stalking me since last year :^)

Ohh I like this too!! This is good.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY
Simplify my words...

3 hours ago, Katt said:

That's a nice suggestion, but what I really want is that people I add to my ignored users list couldn't see my forum profile because there is some creep that has been stalking me since last year :^)

This one time, I had someone running a script in their web browser that updated my profile constantly so they were always the most recent visitor. Like thousands of views over a couple days. They were on my ignore list. Yup, just checked, still on there. That's really messed up, right?

36 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Wow amazing! Just yesterday I got ants up my pants and just for the first time use the ignore function because of status updates that Im getting really tired of seeing all the damn time! I really enjoy peoples status updates its just some things I just dont want to see or care for and its all they update about. ALL the time! and it got to me yesterday...im ashamed to admit. but to my amazement i still see their updates after ignoring..please make the function/feature work better. Im gonna assuming status update was later added to the sight and forgot to be added to the options of ignoring, i notice there was 4-5 options. I know the site is busy working on the name change issue, but maybe check this out and just implement it? thxs!

Ohh I like this too!! This is good.

Yeah. Not to call out some names, but some people like to make accusations about me, even though I didn't mean to do the things they accused me of doing.

56 minutes ago, damon8r351 said:

Just do what I do: When someone you dislike has some smartass status up on the Recent Statuses, just come up with some BS status of your own to edge it off that. I'd be lying if I said I didn't do that at least...once a week.

Quick, let's try. I'll go first and you hit the alley-oop. 

On 17/05/2019 at 7:45 PM, MMX20 said:

Yeah. Not to call out some names, but some people like to make accusations about me, even though I didn't mean to do the things they accused me of doing.

On 17/05/2019 at 9:35 PM, damon8r351 said:

Just do what I do: When someone you dislike has some smartass status up on the Recent Statuses, just come up with some BS status of your own to edge it off that. I'd be lying if I said I didn't do that at least...once a week.

While it's tempting, I wouldn't recommend it... unless you do it in some very clever way that makes it seem like you're just posting anyway. I have had idiots target statuses at me before, more or less accusing me of trolling whilst deleting any comment of mine and any others they didn't agree with... such a level of immaturity need not even be commented on. I just stayed quiet and reported him, otherwise drama would have erupted, which is a too frequent occurence here. 

I think this site has a shortage of moderators. A civilized debate is fine... but any drama that is evolving should be stopped before it can erupt, which often doesn't happen. Statuses like the one mentioned above is a recipe for disaster and shouldn't be allowed. Some forums have too much/overzealous moderation, others don't have enough... this forum belongs to the latter category. 

Edited by Midnightwards666
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Midnightwards666 said:

While it's tempting, I wouldn't recommend it... unless you do it in some very clever way that makes it seem like you're just posting anyway. I have had idiots target statuses at me before, more or less accusing me of trolling whilst deleting any comment of mine and any others they didn't agree with... such a level of immaturity need not even be commented on. I just stayed quiet and reported him, otherwise drama would have erupted, which is a too frequent occurence here. 

I think this site has a shortage of moderators. A civilized debate is fine... but any drama that is evolving should be stopped before it can erupt, which often doesn't happen. Statuses like the one mentioned above is a recipe for disaster and shouldn't be allowed. Some forums have too much/overzealous moderation, others don't have enough... this forum belongs to the latter category. 

Hmm, I'll also do what you suggested. I can understand where you're coming from. Even though this site is short on mods, at least they're better than some forum mods out there.

Just now, MMX20 said:

Hmm, I'll also do what you suggested. I can understand where you're coming from. Even though this site is short on mods, at least they're better than some forum mods out there.

They're definitely not bad moderators - I see them lock threads, warn users and generally doing their job... I have even been warned once for member abuse too... I just think there are not enough of them, which allows drama to continue for too long. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Midnightwards666 said:

They're definitely not bad moderators - I see them lock threads, warn users and generally doing their job... I have even been warned once for member abuse too... I just think there are not enough of them, which allows drama to continue for too long. 

Agreed. As long as you follow the rules and be on the moderators' good side, then you will be okay. Wish I could say the same for any other forum I been too. Hell, some of them have corrupted moderators who are even worse than the ones who caused drama.

• Like 1

have no use for the feature as I've never blocked or ignored any user on any platform but in this day and age where online sharing and privacy are important, I support those who wish for such features to be implemented...it's kind of surprising that the ignore/block options don't already do the things being suggested here...they seem completely reasonable...an ignore/block function that doesn't even ignore/block affected users seems a little odd...

tl:dr...i vote "yes"...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MMX20 said:

Hahaha.... sorry, I just found that line to be very funny. 

• Like 1

I reckon a few people blocked me for that thread I made two months ago regarding the rankings that had most of everyone here attacking me because I was talking ‘smack’ for something that they enjoy. 

Since then I’ve had a few people who I will not name on my block list. I don’t easily block people but if it comes down to just attacking me for my opinions then I will not hesitate. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Midnightwards666 said:

Yeah the whole "call out" status updates are such a waste of time and effort. I'm not sure if there's a rule outright against them, but there should be if there isn't. It's just petty and serves no purpose other than to create a ton of drama for no reason. If you dislike somebody, you should just block them or ignore them through sheer will power. But like the topic says, if the block function doesn't actually offer the ability to block status updates it becomes ineffective. Particularly if the person you dislike and don't want to see things from makes a lot of them, or your entire issue is their status updates and you don't mind the rest of their contributions.

It's been so long since the forum 'update' that I'm surprised some of these issues are still around. Particularly this one given that these issues are only becoming more and more frequent, and I'm sure it's annoying for the mods to have to deal with all the petty drama.

• Like 2

On 5/19/2019 at 7:35 AM, Elvick_ said:

Yeah the whole "call out" status updates are such a waste of time and effort. I'm not sure if there's a rule outright against them, but there should be if there isn't. It's just petty and serves no purpose other than to create a ton of drama for no reason. If you dislike somebody, you should just block them or ignore them through sheer will power. But like the topic says, if the block function doesn't actually offer the ability to block status updates it becomes ineffective. Particularly if the person you dislike and don't want to see things from makes a lot of them, or your entire issue is their status updates and you don't mind the rest of their contributions.

It's been so long since the forum 'update' that I'm surprised some of these issues are still around. Particularly this one given that these issues are only becoming more and more frequent, and I'm sure it's annoying for the mods to have to deal with all the petty drama.

The forum update was in December 2016. One of the changes should of been to block all content from the user you put on the Ignore List. 

Instead I regularly see status updates from said people and they show up when I see the recent viewers on my profile. I shouldn’t have to see any of that. 

• 4 weeks later...