Block Status Updates

TheYuriG

This is currently an even worse issue since someone made an alt that posts huge blocks of texts in the Status Updates page and mentions like, half of the active forums. I'm not even sure if that can be considered spam or not because I haven't read any of them and there doesn't seem to be a rule against mass mentioning users. I think @TigressLion was once warned for doing this on the past, but it hasn't been an issue since he quit the forums or at least wasn't an issue until now.

EDIT: just checked and he was last online 3 hours ago, so he probably haven't quit yet. Last time I've checked, he hadn't been online for months.

Edited by TheYuriG

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2016 at 10:42 PM, TheYuriG said:

Thinking about this for a while, would it be possible to not new show content from people you add to ignore? Both threads and status updates alike. It was one of the things bothered me quite a lot before I left and still something I can't go around nowadays. It also could work both ways, people you add to ignore shouldn't be able to see your status updates or threads you create. I mean, the person already can't reply to your status update, what is the point of them seeing it? Possibility of interaction is already close to zero anyway.

Well, this is what you started the thread with. And they definitely can reply to the status updates, not that it's a particularly convincing argument anyway.

Edited by MMDE

It could go both ways, but the intention is to make their stuff not visible to you. There is a growing spam of low quality or uninteresting posts in the forums and they are a waste of time if you just wanna take a quick look at what is going on. This suggestion is meant to work toward that goal.

If it bothers you to not have your messages seen by someone that blocked you, just don't get blocked. if you do, accept that such person is not willing to receive the content you are willing to share and focus on who is still willing to. You will never please everyone in life and neither should you try to.

• Like 3

This really needs to happen. The block feature is useless for me at this point since the only members I want to block are the people who spam nonsense and autobiographies nobody asked for as status updates.

32 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

It could go both ways, but the intention is to make their stuff not visible to you. There is a growing spam of low quality or uninteresting posts in the forums and they are a waste of time if you just wanna take a quick look at what is going on. This suggestion is meant to work toward that goal.

If it bothers you to not have your messages seen by someone that blocked you, just don't get blocked. if you do, accept that such person is not willing to receive the content you are willing to share and focus on who is still willing to. You will never please everyone in life and neither should you try to.

No the problem I have is you requesting people be able to block me from seeing and interacting with what they post. It doesn't even work, but it's just bad in so many ways.

23 minutes ago, MMDE said:

No the problem I have is you requesting people be able to block me from seeing and interacting with what they post. It doesn't even work, but it's just bad in so many ways.

That part was only for status update. Maybe people are just wanting to share stuff from their personal life and don't think any of that concerns you. Not sure how it would even work since the stuff is all avaiable when logged off anyway. I think the status update section was better before the update, as you couldn't see as easily people posting on other profiles, the duplicates would replace each other, you couldn't see them at all when logged off and viewing a status update wouldn't add a profile view or list as recent visitor. I don't see the way it's done now being reverted to the way it was done before though.

3 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

That part was only for status update. Maybe people are just wanting to share stuff from their personal life and don't think any of that concerns you. Not sure how it would even work since the stuff is all avaiable when logged off anyway. I think the status update section was better before the update, as you couldn't see as easily people posting on other profiles, the duplicates would replace each other, you couldn't see them at all when logged off and viewing a status update wouldn't add a profile view or list as recent visitor. I don't see the way it's done now being reverted to the way it was done before though.

I still disagree with it for status updates. Earlier I've even personally experienced people talk shit about me in status updates thinking I can't see it.

Status updates are not private, they are public.

1 minute ago, MMDE said:

I still disagree with it for status updates. Earlier I've even personally experienced people talk shit about me in status updates thinking I can't see it.

They shouldn't be doing that, as there are rules against that. Not that you are someone who should be complaining of this though, seeing as you started drama over RD4 and PST not once, but several times.

They are public now, but they used to be private which, in my subjective opinion, would be the best way to do, since it gives a more personal feel to the things you are posting. The way they are now feels a lot more like you are throwing information out in the open rather than within a specific circle of friends and people you mostly know, as I would like it to be.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

They shouldn't be doing that, as there are rules against that. Not that you are someone who should be complaining of this though, seeing as you started drama over RD4 and PST not once, but several times.

They are public now, but they used to be private which, in my subjective opinion, would be the best way to do, since it gives a more personal feel to the things you are posting. The way they are now feels a lot more like you are throwing information out in the open rather than within a specific circle of friends and people you mostly know, as I would like it to be.

What good argument did you think you were making with this post? How is the examples you come with at all relevant? Comes off more as a personal attack than a coherent argument.

I'm saying the person blocked should be able to see it when it's posted public, like everyone else. If you don't want to or can't handle seeing someone else's posts, that’s on you, but when you post public, it's public and you shouldn't be able to decide who gets excluded from this.

I've used status updates to post public for everyone to see. I have nobody blocked, and regardless everyone can see status updates and interact with them.

I'm again repeating my point, which you the first time said wasn't relevant, but addresses things contained in the original opening post and things in your recent posts. I don't want to see blocking making it so the blocked person doesn't see all the public posts. Status updates are public posts.

If you don't want the person blocked to see it, you should do it elsewhere or private.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MMDE said:

bla bla bla

Whatever, the suggestion is to be able to remove content from people who we choose to block, making it two way is optional, but not the focus of the thread. If I find someone annoying, I want to be able to remove his entire existence from my forum experience. There are simply people who posting content that others find completely irrelevant to their interest and I believe it's in their best interest to be able to filter out that pointless content. That is the main point of this suggestion. If you wanna keep attaching yourself to a side, possible addition, sure go on and waste your time with that.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Agreed. Keep them Public to ALL users.

If you really want to ignore them, Don't read them...

If you are being "stalked", well that's what the Mods are for.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Whatever, the suggestion is to be able to remove content from people who we choose to block, making it two way is optional, but not the focus of the thread. If I find someone annoying, I want to be able to remove his entire existence from my forum experience. There are simply people who posting content that others find completely irrelevant to their interest and I believe it's in their best interest to be able to filter out that pointless content. That is the main point of this suggestion. If you wanna keep attaching yourself to a side, possible addition, sure go on and waste your time with that.

Yeah, as I said.

One way: okay ? ? ?

Two ways: no ???

I don't know about what it's like with the notifications from people you block, as I don't block people. If they ding every time someone you've blocked posts, that’s probably something that needs fixing. Or if you still see their status updates.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1