EternalChaos72

Few challenge questions

15 posts in this topic

The 'had a bit of a shocker challenge is confusing because it says get second winds by killing enemies with a shock DOT which i already have done with a shock pistol, but it didn't register? 

 

Sprayowee - kill enemies with area of effect grenades, where do i find them? 

 

Comet crash - Shatter frozen enemies with falling damage? I thought it was just a matter of freezing them and then do the slam attack, but that doesn't seem to be the case. 

 

These are literally the last 3 challenges left for the trophy to pop. 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1: If it's not registering, then it means either the bullet or something else is killing them and not the DoT damage. Look for weapons with high Elemental Effect and Damage Chance, plus increase your Badass Ranks in those areas and invest in skills that improve elemental damage.

2: See here: https://borderlands.fandom.com/wiki/Area_of_Effect_Grenade but you're at the mercy of RNG as to when and where you will get one.

3: You have freeze an enemy whilst they're in mid-air, then the fall has to kill them.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

1: If it's not registering, then it means the bullet is killing them and not the DoT damage. Look for weapons with high Elemental Effect and Damage Chance, plus increase your Badass Ranks in those areas and invest in skills that improve elemental damage.

2: See here: https://borderlands.fandom.com/wiki/Area_of_Effect_Grenade but you're at the mercy of RNG as to when and where you will get one.

3: You have freeze an enemy whilst they're in mid-air, then the fall has to kill them.

On the money.

 

The only thing I would add is to freeze flying enemies and let them shatter as they hit the ground. That's the easiest way to get #3.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

On the money.

 

The only thing I would add is to freeze flying enemies and let them shatter as they hit the ground. That's the easiest way to get #3.

 

3 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

1: If it's not registering, then it means the bullet is killing them and not the DoT damage. Look for weapons with high Elemental Effect and Damage Chance, plus increase your Badass Ranks in those areas and invest in skills that improve elemental damage.

2: See here: https://borderlands.fandom.com/wiki/Area_of_Effect_Grenade but you're at the mercy of RNG as to when and where you will get one.

3: You have freeze an enemy whilst they're in mid-air, then the fall has to kill them.

Thanks for the replies, so that explains the comet crash challenge then. It shows I've already done it once, but literally no idea how lol.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m having a problem discovering the 4 health and recovery challenges (Soup’s Up, Had a bit of a Shocker, the Phoenix, and Rollin’ the Ice). I have all the other challenges in that category to level 2 or 3. I looked around online but no one talks about how to unlock these. People only talk about the rocket launcher and shotgun challenges you have to get to level 5. I even tried completing one of the challenges but that didn’t unlock any of them. Can someone please help me out with this? It’s starting to drive me crazy. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ZJW44 said:

I’m having a problem discovering the 4 health and recovery challenges (Soup’s Up, Had a bit of a Shocker, the Phoenix, and Rollin’ the Ice). I have all the other challenges in that category to level 2 or 3. I looked around online but no one talks about how to unlock these. People only talk about the rocket launcher and shotgun challenges you have to get to level 5. I even tried completing one of the challenges but that didn’t unlock any of them. Can someone please help me out with this? It’s starting to drive me crazy. 

See here :): https://borderlands.fandom.com/wiki/Challenge#Borderlands:_The_Pre-Sequel

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Thank you I really appreciate your reply. I know what the challenges are and how to complete them. My issue is that I don’t know how to “discover” them so I can see my progress on them. They’re some of the few challenges that start out undiscovered but I can’t find the information about how to make them visible. The guide mentions how to unlock certain challenges in other categories but not these four. 

Edited by ZJW44
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

25 minutes ago, ZJW44 said:

Thank you I really appreciate your reply. I know what the challenges are and how to complete them. My issue is that I don’t know how to “discover” them so I can see my progress on them. They’re some of the few challenges that start out undiscovered but I can’t find the information about how to make them visible. The guide mentions how to unlock certain challenges in other categories but not these four. 

To "Discover" a challenge, you have to either get a certain challenge in that category to Level 5 or complete the action itself e.g. Get second winds by killing an enemy with shock DoT., Get second winds by killing an enemy etc. In some cases, certain challenges won't appear until you reach a specific part of the story e.g. "Aim for the Little Ones", won't unlock until you reach Eleseer.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typos.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

To "Discover" a challenge, you have to either get another challenge in that category to Level 5 or complete the action itself e.g. Get seconds winds by killing an enemy with shock DoT., Get seconds winds by killing an enemy etc. In some cases, certain challenges won't appear until you reach a specific part of the story e.g. "Aim for the Little Ones", won't unlock until you reach Eleseer.

Yeah that’s what I figured but I think it’s odd there’s no mention of how to unlock these challenges in any guide. If I had to get another challenge to level 5 I’d think someone would’ve noted that somewhere. I tried completing one of the challenges (Rollin’ the Ice) by shattering a frozen enemy with my gun to get a second wind but that didn’t work. I guess I might need to progress the story further? I’m getting a little worried it might be bugged or something. Do you have any memory of when they unlocked for you when you did it? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ZJW44 said:

Yeah that’s what I figured but I think it’s odd there’s no mention of how to unlock these challenges in any guide. If I had to get another challenge to level 5 I’d think someone would’ve noted that somewhere. I tried completing one of the challenges (Rollin’ the Ice) by shattering a frozen enemy with my gun to get a second wind but that didn’t work. I guess I might need to progress the story further? I’m getting a little worried it might be bugged or something. Do you have any memory of when they unlocked for you when you did it? 

It has been 5 years since I did the PS3 version (I auto-popped the PS4 version) and the only memory I have of how I got the challenges to unlock, was that I played normally and most came naturally without trying :(.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2019 at 2:08 PM, HuntingFever said:

It has been 5 years since I did the PS3 version (I auto-popped the PS4 version) and the only memory I have of how I got the challenges to unlock, was that I played normally and most came naturally without trying :(.

Thanks for trying man. I didn’t realize it had been so long since you played it. I figured out what my issue was after I played more yesterday. The hidden health and recovery challenges unlock when you complete level 1 of the damage over time challenge in the corresponding element. So Had a bit of a Shocker unlocked when I dealt 5,000 shock damage over time and the others worked the same way. I was confused because those elemental challenges are in a totally different category and I didn’t realize it could work that way. I guess that’s what I get for trying to knock out most of the challenges at a really low level. I still don’t understand why not a single guide out there mentions this information though.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, ZJW44 said:

I still don’t understand why not a single guide out there mentions this information though.

It's probably because most people play normally and leave the Challenge trophy until last, by which time the majority of the challenges have already opened up so no-one noticed or had cause to question how they happened 🤔.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't want to create a new thread, so I would like to ask. Is the Challenger trophy missable or not? Do you have to obtain it before finishing the story, or you can do it in another playthrough. I guess the game will not let you do any side-missions or trophy grinding when the main story is over?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it isn't missable. might be easier to complete its requirements on the go to not have much of a grind later on.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lordguwa said:

it isn't missable. might be easier to complete its requirements on the go to not have much of a grind later on.

This^

 

It's not missable but will be one hell of a grind if you leave too many Challenges until your post-story clean up so take advantage of Story Related opportunities to get most of them done.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.