Wavergray

F2P Monster Hunting game without a plat. (trophy thoughts)

59 posts in this topic

You people are missing the points why some are complaining about games without platinum trophies. Sony Rewards give points to anyone who earned silver, gold, and platinum trophies. Getting 10 platinum trophies gives lot of Sony Reward points, but I don't remember exact numbers. 10 gold trophies give 250 reward points. Bronze trophies give no reward points might be reason why devs did on purpose to avoid players getting Sony reward points. You need only 5,000 Sony reward points to get $50 PSN card for free which is better than nothing. You can get  up to at least 10 games for 50 dollars if patiently waiting for games on sale.

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, Topazfinder said:

You people are missing the points why some are complaining about games without platinum trophies. Sony Rewards give points to anyone who earned silver, gold, and platinum trophies. Getting 10 platinum trophies gives lot of Sony Reward points, but I don't remember exact numbers. 10 gold trophies give 250 reward points. Bronze trophies give no reward points might be reason why devs did on purpose to avoid players getting Sony reward points. You need only 5,000 Sony reward points to get $50 PSN card for free which is better than nothing. You can get  up to at least 10 games for 50 dollars if patiently waiting for games on sale.

Last November Sony stopped giving reward points for trophies---at least for those of us in the United States. Looks like they grandfathered in current members until this November. Having said that I haven't received any rewards since last year for trophies.😢

Edited by AZDMB

I was waiting for like 5 months or so, and they finally updated reward points that I earned trophies since November. I think their new website made huge messes that they had to fix for long time despite notes on their new website say trophy rewards are still coming, and that didn't make sense to me. If you don't get them, you may want to contact Sony support. I heard Sony support isn't great though. It depends who you talk to over phone.

Posted (edited)

Whenever I check out a game here that either has no Plat, or is easy/quick to complete.

YFhXI4s.png

khtfqlf.png

Don't @ me for Mr Mayo, still better than Fallout76

Edited by NekosphereReborn

Posted (edited)

You know what, this is a pretty fun game.  Got it on PC and have played up to Hunter Rank 10 so far.  It plays very much like Monster Hunter and is very well polished.  I really like that the servers are shared between PlayStation, Xbox, and PC gamers.  The only thing I want is for there to be some sort of clan system in place with some sort of clan dojo.

Edit:  Apparently there is a guild system.  Haven't seen it yet

Edited by Jounochi

i just sit at loading screens or matchmaking screens. cant get into the game at all.

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, EightBitArtist said:

i just sit at loading screens or matchmaking screens. cant get into the game at all.

I was booted a little earlier from the server I was on.  I think they are down atm.

Edit:  Yup: https://status.playdauntless.com/

Edited by Jounochi

On 5/18/2019 at 3:22 AM, TheYuriG said:

Not sure why people are disliking this list so much. Looks like the Apex list to me and people didn't find that too bad. Maybe it's little interest in the game itself?

It's just the internet. Hyper-whining text is a feature.

I've been wondering if there's any way to see how many perfect dodges you've done in game? And what exactly a perfect dodge is.

52 minutes ago, xZoneHunter said:

I've been wondering if there's any way to see how many perfect dodges you've done in game? And what exactly a perfect dodge is.

Im playing it for 2 days and i already got the trophy, i guess its a dodge into attack when i-frames saves you from dmg. Trophy popped on such a dodge. I would not bother much about a counter, it will come naturally on the way to the harder trophies (like " Defeat Shrowd and Rezakiri ").

On 5/18/2019 at 8:15 AM, KaiserVendrix said:

Fuck me I’m so sick of some people on this site! You will fork over money for games with little effort, taking advantage of the trophy system and generally not caring if the game is a broken mess, but as long it has a Platinum it’s fine. 

A free to play games comes out and all I can see it negativity about the graphics and complaining about having no Platinum. Can some of you have some fucking standards?

I think people will have standards the same time that people like yourself mind their own business.

So no. This is why we can't have nice things. Them not wanting ot play a video game for whatever reason affects you in no way.

Platinums should be a guaranteed for every game just like how any xbox game grants 1000G. 

honestly it doesn't look too bad. i'm just not a fan of it being always online as if the servers go down you can't play it. 

15 minutes ago, demonviper666 said:

How someone did this in 14 sec hacker??

Nah, progress is cross platform, if you already had the equivalent achievements from the PC beta, they’d all autopop when you logged in to the same account on PS4. So I doubt they’re a hacker, probably just played a lot on PC.

looks like another cartoony style game geared towards children

but thats epic games for ya

not my cup of tea

5 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

looks like another cartoony style game geared towards children

but thats epic games for ya

not my cup of tea

It actually pretty good MH-clone game , not as deep but still a lot of fun . And it gets pretty hard later Hunts, so its not geared towards children imo.

I would not judge it by the graphic style. Its free to play so its easy to judge it after testing it.

Posted (edited)

I don't know why people are complaining so much, this game looks pretty fun and it's free. No platinum? Don't worry, you can always play a crappy rata game to compensate, see? Problem solved 😂

This looks a more than decent Monster Hunter clone.

Edited by fabiansc83

Posted (edited)

I'm monster hunter fan and i have platinum in MHW and i can say that Dauntless is pretty good. Compared to MH series combat concept is easy to understand and there are fewer restrictions. Dodge mechanics is similiar to Souls series. Loot is great and have the same feel like in MH. So if you are cant wait for MHW Iceborn DLC this is a must have game for you.

Edited by Greidis

On 25/05/2019 at 2:04 PM, Aikn-Yor said:

Platinums should be a guaranteed for every game just like how any xbox game grants 1000G. 

For sure! It doesn’t cost the devs anything at all to include a Platinum trophy however I believe the minimum amount of trophy score that’s needed within a game for it to even have a Platinum was around 1200? Don’t quote on me on that lol

It's published by Epic it's developed by Phoenix Labs

Posted (edited)

Played the tutorial after days of trying to get in. The game fucking sucks. not because it doesn't has a platinum, it sucks because the gameplay is so damn boring. I'll just buy MH or GE3 someday. I'm so glad that I didn't earned a trophy, I deleted this trash from the HDD and my trophy list. OH! and call me when Epic goes back to Unreal Tournament. I'm sick of this.

fortnite visuals lol

Edited by Katt

4 minutes ago, Katt said:

Played the tutorial after days of trying to get in. The game fucking sucks. not because it doesn't has a platinum, it sucks because the gameplay is so damn boring. I'll just buy MH or GE3 someday. I'm so glad that I didn't earned a trophy, I deleted this trash from the HDD and my trophy list. OH! and call me when Epic goes back to Unreal Tournament. I'm sick of this.

fortnite visuals lol

Lmao 😆 this is golden. I only play because my little brother is into it but 100% agree. Forget a platinum, who cares about trophies? The game sucks because it sucks.. I’m usually very generous with how i rate video games but this one is a 4/10 and that’s only because it’s free 

I dunno about those guys, but I'm personally loving the game. Been playing it pretty constantly. Trophies will definitely be a bit of a grind but I'll get them naturally sooner or later.

How many times does it need to be said that Epic is the publisher and not the developer?