Project Dagger bugged? (Spoilers)

DoctorDrPepper

So I finished all 6 missions from the three main npc’s but I cant get the last mission “Project Dagger” to start. Everything is checked off and completed but it just says to “work with your allies to get Project Dagger operational. Nothings on the map, and when I drive the tank to where the mission is supposed to be nothing happens. I can’t find anything online about it and I just wanna finish this buggy ass game. Does anyone know how you force the start the last mission or am I screwed until a patch?

2 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

You can’t even do their second quests until it’s level five.

i fixed it by completely deleting the game from my hard drive and reinstalling. This is another major bug, much like the double cross bug, that really destroys any enjoyment this game might have.

Happened to me an hour ago - had everything wrapped up all projects LV 14+

But no reinstallation was necessary. The new objective marker didn't pop up after finishing the last project mission and I drove around for a while thinking it's delayed - then I fast traveled to another region where I had an ark still to do and it popped after loading in.

Try fast traveling first.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I’m absolutely raging, this has just happened to me on Ironman mode, I turned off the game before the final assault at the base to back up, and when I came back there was no mission marker even though it appeared prior to turning it off, tried everything, levelling, fast travel, going to all 3 npcs and trying to initiate dialogue to see if it pushes the objective, tried leaving game world to reset the area, nothing, last option now is to delete game and wait for 50gb to install, no other work around? Do the devs know about this?

Just to clarify, and hopefully stop anyone else running into this on Ironman, don’t quit out of the game after completing any mission entirely, if you wish to back up, finish the mission up to the point where you have to return to the npc, then back up, so there’s still an active objective when you return, basically any point where the game automatically pops a new objective without interaction with an npc just to be safe, 2019 and simple development like this is causing issues, ANY game with a Bethesda stamp on it needs to be taken with caution

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I had the same problem of having all requirements met & still getting blown up at the Authority HQ entrance. I tried other suggested workarounds like fast travel & uninstall (i’ve read that uninstall\reinstall only works for PC) & was still locked out of the final mission. What worked for me was reloading a manual save i had before turning the final ‘work with allies’ mission into Loosum; i flew the Icarus over & manually unlocked the Authority HQ map maker. When i went back & turned in the ‘work with allies’, i was finally able to start the last mission. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/27/2020 at 7:03 AM, Fat_Dovahkiin said:

I had the same problem of having all requirements met & still getting blown up at the Authority HQ entrance. I tried other suggested workarounds like fast travel & uninstall (i’ve read that uninstall\reinstall only works for PC) & was still locked out of the final mission. What worked for me was reloading a manual save i had before turning the final ‘work with allies’ mission into Loosum; i flew the Icarus over & manually unlocked the Authority HQ map maker. When i went back & turned in the ‘work with allies’, i was finally able to start the last mission. Hope this helps.

My last missing mission was to turn in to Marshall (The Signal mission). When I turned it in, he gave me the scrambler and I fast traveled to Loosum. Nothing happened.

I reloaded my save before turning in The Signal and followed the above steps. It worked for me! 

I would point out that I did not use Icarus, but instead drove up to the HQ in the Phoenix. I got some dialogue from Lily and Walker about how attacking without Project Dagger would be suicide. Once I had come close enough to the front door, the objective unlocked. I returned to Marshall, turned in The Signal, got the scrambler, and am now at the objective "Get inside the Authority Headquarters."

For posterity and to potentially help others, I am going to keep that save (from before turning in my last mission to Marshall) and try a few different things to see if there's other ways to unlock the objective. 

I will post a follow up after I've beaten the final mission.

EDIT: The game crashed when I tried to skip the credits. I have yet to receive the trophy for completing the final mission. 

EDIT2: I have beaten the final boss three times now, and the game keeps crashing during the credits. 

EDIT3: My controller turned off during the credits sequence this time. I turned it back on, dismissed the "controller disconnected" prompt, and the credits restarted. I decided to try and skip them again, and it didn't crash this time. After getting to the post-game point, unlocked the trophy, and saved my game. 

I am going for the platinum and will try more workarounds with that save I made (before turning in Marshall's final mission). I will report back anything I can figure out.

Final Edit: Got the Platinum (yay). Save file corrupted and the game kept crashing afterwards. Thankfully, I’ve gotten the platinum and am not planning to buy the dlc. 

Good luck to anyone else working through the bugs for the final mission. I couldn’t figure out anything besides what’s given above by Dovhakiin. 

Edited by megslushboy
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 24/12/2019 at 11:01 PM, HellOfaHunter said:

anyone figure out a solution?

I personally never received a single glitch in my play through. 

I left the main mission till pretty much last aswell (around 20hrs in) after completing both DLCs too. 

The only Bugs I encounter was the stats tracker which is way off but that isn’t an issue 

AND

a similar issue with the Ghosts DLC. The next missions wouldn’t spawn, to make it spawn I just travelled back to the main game via the tunnel and everything seemed to ‘reset’ and all missions spawned at once 

I can’t test with the Dagger mission but maybe if you have the DLC it would work the same? It’s worth the £15 IMO 

With a well known buggy game I’d always recommend many manual saves and back ups anyway. 

I skipped this game for years and I regret it because I’ve really enjoyed it! 

• 1 year later...