Goon De-leet farming - post story

Valkirye22

The trophy requires 1337 goon kills which is unlikely you'll get in one playthrough - the in game statistics are bugged and mine was showing 450 by the end of the game which was way too low and later jumped to 670 even though I was mostly fighting the other faction.

In case you still have some goon bandit den's left save one for farming - pick the one with most enemies and not too many levels to minimize the time you need to wipe them - always leave one alive before reloading your save. The kills will count, the others will respawn. That's the easy way. (Goon dens are in torn plains, broken tract and twisting canyons)

Now if, like me, you already completed all the dens it becomes more complicated but I found that the Gass Pass Pit Stop in Torn plains just to the right of Wellspring continues spawning Goons even after being completely cleared.

If some else is in the same situation please confirm. Depending on how you approach (which Goons you kill) more will sometimes spawn from one of the garages meaning you get between 15-30 kills per pass. Always make sure to leave one alive before reloading the save. (My statistics now say 713 Goons killed and I got the trophy so that is completely wrong). By my estimate I was missing some 150-200 kills and that after clearing all dens, some deaths, some restarts + some reloading prior while doing other kill related trophies.

Edited by Valkirye22
Autocorrected good back to Goon
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Good advice, thanks! I'm wondering if some trophy progress might carry over across multiple playthroughs, but can't find anything online to confirm/deny it.

Well, for people whose trophy for killing the large mutants failed to pop, it will pop upon restarting the game and killing the first one in a new one (apparently one somewhere might not count) so you need another one from a new game to have 7. It could mean other trophy stuff carry over since it has nothing to do with the stats that are all bugged out - but to be on the safe side I'd try to squeeze everything in one playthrough - kills, balloons, drones...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Shipwreck24273 said:

Does this have to be Goons specifically or do all kills count?

Have to be Goons, collected throughout the area I mentioned in the first post.

The Shrourded (helmet, yellow guys), Hogs (hillbillies in the wilds) and mutants do not count

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Valkirye22 said:

Have to be Goons, collected throughout the area I mentioned in the first post.

The Shrourded (helmet, yellow guys), Hogs (hillbillies in the wilds) and mutants do not count

Thanks. Got this last night using your Gass Pass method. Now for those damn spy drones...

Edited by Shipwreck24273
Misspelling

On 18. 5. 2019 at 3:29 PM, Crispy_Oglop said:

Good advice, thanks! I'm wondering if some trophy progress might carry over across multiple playthroughs, but can't find anything online to confirm/deny it.

This I can confirm ;) they are even carried over multiple saves :D so when you kill every possible goons in your playtrough just load some old save before you killed all of them and farm it there  ;) (If someone just started playing: Before you start "Purging" the whole map, you should obtain some nanotrite upgrades for DASH, Grav-Jump, Rush and other abilities you prefer, plus Weapon upgrades for at least Shotgun and Assault riffle... for fast kills and make a separate save. Then enjoy the game normally to the end/completion and when there is none goons to kill, just reload that older save and grind your way to the trophy :D )

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to add, that it´s also possible of the trophy only popping after killing more than 1337, because according to the Stats it took me until 1419 kills. Maybe it´s just the stats bugging out, maybe it was because i farmed the rest at a location with explosive barrels and those explosion kills counted on the stats but not on the trophie, who knows.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/5/2019 at 2:15 AM, Quink666 said:

Can you not get this trophy by reloading checkpoint? I killed over 1500 Goons but no trophy...

I've gotten it by reloading the checkpoint and re-farming the same location once I had all the other stuff in the game cleared.

The tracker and everything else related to it is glitch as hell, I don't know if any of it was patched. - reloading the checkpoint and re-clearing the location works

However, there were some other posts about people simply starting a new playthrough and tracked stats carrying over. Goon kills and Drones for example.

If you really can't make it with checkpoint restart you could try that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This advice should be implemented in the guide. Just wasted an hour looking for remaining Goons until I came here and went to Gass Pass Pit Stop.

EDIT: With the first patch you're able to replay all Bandit Dens as often as you like and get the kills for Goons there as well.

Edited by Silencer0004
  • Like 1