Bytesize Takedown Trophy tip

Crispy_Oglop

On 5/18/2019 at 10:04 AM, Crispy_Oglop said:

The vehicles for this don't have to be travelling, you can actually destroy parked enemy vehicles you find outside some bandit dens and roadside encounters too and they will count. Additionally destroying vehicles in the Chazcar Derby count as well.

There is also a Bandit Den called 'Underpass' directly East of Gunbarrel which has 4 parked cars in it close together. You can also use the autosave feature with this too.

AWESOME!  Just came to the forum to ask if parked cars count and here you are.  Thank you for the tip!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mjan8935 said:

By "Autosave feature" do you mean destroy 4 vehicles, suicide then re-load?

That's affirmative :) There are also a bunch of other locations people are talking about where there are lots of vehicles parked to destroy, I just like this one as it's so close to a fast travel point in Gunbarrel.

9 hours ago, mjan8935 said:

By "Autosave feature" do you mean destroy 4 vehicles, suicide then re-load?

No that's not what he means.

1 hour ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

That's affirmative :) There are also a bunch of other locations people are talking about where there are lots of vehicles parked to destroy, I just like this one as it's so close to a fast travel point in Gunbarrel.

No need to suicide.

5 hours ago, pistolpedro said:

No that's not what he means.

No need to suicide.

Well you can suicide if you want to, whatever works really.

If you are combining this with grinding for the Goon De Leet trophy, then by the time you've gone in to take all 4 cars down and all but one of the goons in the camp, chances are you might be very low on health so you can let yourself get finished off by the remaining enemy.

I had emptied the camp out already when i was doing it, so I found reloading the autosave was more efficient :) 

On 5/21/2019 at 4:32 PM, RauCHeN-ToKEN said:

AWESOME!  Just came to the forum to ask if parked cars count and here you are.  Thank you for the tip!

There are actually 6 vehicles in the Underpass, two bikes and 4 cars.  They all count, but only if you blow up the bikes directly.  Them getting blown up with the explosion of another vehicle doesn't seem to count in the stats at all.  I just used missiles on the bikes because it seemed to add them to stats, whereas for some reason the explosion of one bike with minigun fire caused the other bike to blow up.

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Well you can suicide if you want to, whatever works really.

If you are combining this with grinding for the Goon De Leet trophy, then by the time you've gone in to take all 4 cars down and all but one of the goons in the camp, chances are you might be very low on health so you can let yourself get finished off by the remaining enemy.

I had emptied the camp out already when i was doing it, so I found reloading the autosave was more efficient :) 

No reason to suicide.

11 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

There are actually 6 vehicles in the Underpass, two bikes and 4 cars.  They all count, but only if you blow up the bikes directly.  Them getting blown up with the explosion of another vehicle doesn't seem to count in the stats at all.  I just used missiles on the bikes because it seemed to add them to stats, whereas for some reason the explosion of one bike with minigun fire caused the other bike to blow up.

Oh nice! I tried the bikes too initially but I didn't see the counter going up so assumed they didn't count. I'll edit the initial post with that info, thanks :)

3 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Oh nice! I tried the bikes too initially but I didn't see the counter going up so assumed they didn't count. I'll edit the initial post with that info, thanks :)

It was hit or miss, but it did seem more consistent when I locked on to them with missiles.  It was usually adding 5 or 6 with each attempt that way.

• 10 months later...

I have been killing the convoy leader for the past 30 minutes and the Gonevoy Trophy won't unlock.

Anyone have any suggestions. Playing the unpatched version of the game. 

Solved it:

I decided to get another trophy and gave Gonevoy another attempt right after and it popped.

Edited by Wrh0und

• 3 weeks later...

Just wait until your car is fully upgraded and then start taking down convoys. Every convoy has 6-10 cars. Hit the weak spots on the convoy, and use your shield blast thing (hold down triangle) to take down the shields of the lead cars. It's pretty easy and doesn't take too long. Only takes me about 1-2k gatling gun ammo per go, and you can refuel with the traveling trader in between.