Is this worth buying right now at full price?

14 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

It's an absolute, unequivocal yes from me. 

Had it gifted to me on Xbox One but I will definitely shell out for it on PS4 now as well.

We hardly see this type of game these days. A single-player, immersive experience with no microtransactions and a lot of obvious love and care put into crafting the world, story and gameplay. In the current industry which is flooded with soulless, sterile, corporate AAA garbage releasing buggy and unfinished, this is a breath of fresh air and absolutely worth paying full price to support.  

It truly is a pity to see how many people be like "erp derp wait for discount lel" which only goes towards the decline of genuine experiences like this

Where were you in the beginning of the year? Plenty of big games that werent soulles or shit

16 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

It's an absolute, unequivocal yes from me. 

Had it gifted to me on Xbox One but I will definitely shell out for it on PS4 now as well.

We hardly see this type of game these days. A single-player, immersive experience with no microtransactions and a lot of obvious love and care put into crafting the world, story and gameplay. In the current industry which is flooded with soulless, sterile, corporate AAA garbage releasing buggy and unfinished, this is a breath of fresh air and absolutely worth paying full price to support.  

It truly is a pity to see how many people be like "erp derp wait for discount lel" which only goes towards the decline of genuine experiences like this

Couldn't have said it any better. I completely agree.

• Like 1

It looks like the kind of game you'll be done with in 10 hours or less, and with no replay value thanks to its focus on story over gameplay, the asking price at launch definitely seems too steep in my opinion. I don't hate these kinds of games, but I find that they're almost always overrated when I do eventually get around to playing them. Anyone who disagrees about these games being some kind of masterpiece just doesn't have "refined taste", or some bullshit like that. :P

I'm sure it'll be heavily discounted in a year or two, and I can see it coming to PS+ eventually. I might give it a try then if I feel like it's worthy of my precious time. ;)

• Like 1

I finished the game yesterday and now I'm in the process of finishing the miscellaneous trophies and getting all the collectibles and for me it was worth the price. 60€ would probably have been a bit much, but 50€ was totally acceptable in my opinion.

Also, I don't agree with people saying games that focus heavily on the story have no replay value. For me, they're like a good book or movie that you want to read or watch again after a while, I love to experience the story in a good game more than once. 

• Like 4

On 5/20/2019 at 2:19 PM, Maaden_Swe said:

Fascinating how the people answering no dont seem to have played the game at all and the people saying yes have actually played it.

Hmm, who would you listen to ?

Indeed, I would find the idea of giving an opinion on something I have no knowledge or experience of quite amusing.

Edited by Stan Lee
  • Like 1

I just ended up buying the game but can't play it till after exams are over so thanks to everyone on here who recommended the game. Usually won't think twice about buying great linear story driven games but the price did seem slightly steep for something that is supposed to be cheaper(in Australia at least). Hopefully it doesnt disappoint when I eventually play it. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...