Deleting Trophies...

I don't want the option to delete trophies as there'd always be a risk that some of my trophies could be deleted (even with 2 factor authentication, strong unique password etc) and I don't think it's worth the potential hassle it could cause for Sony when we already have a very similar feature (hiding the trophies). For those that do want it, rather than 'deleting' I'd suggest changing the 'hide' feature so that it moves the trophy list to an archive folder and deducts the points from your PSN level. Essentially the same as being able to delete a list but you can still access it to undo if you need to.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2020 at 10:35 PM, Kittet3 said:

to be fair... someone could hack your account and either a) add several unobtainable games with exactly one trophy earned or b ) cfw some timestamps and get you thrown off the leaderboards anyway...

they could but thats their fancy. i am not worried about the leaderboards as i could care less if i was the first or last. I just use this site for completion not how gets what. But i see what you mean.

On 5/18/2019 at 3:44 PM, TheOne_WhoKnocks said:

I really wish they would let us delete any trophies, not just 0%. I have a lot of games I tried but will probably never play again. Maybe they will change things with PS5, but it’s doubtful.

100% agree with this. I never understood why we can't do this.

- Trophy hunting is not a competition (unless someone starts a thread with specific special rules (like the Final Fantasy one, recently)).

- It wouldn't be an issue to de-level someone (lower the trophy level of an account), when deleting trophies.

- Trophies are a collection. If I have a collection of something... I should be able to choose whether I want to throw part of that collection away or not.

- Completion % means nothing. Someone with a 100% completion, with a rarity average of like 50% is meaningless. Someone with a completion % of 60% with a rarity of like 35% IS meaningful. Completion % also has more to do with $$$ and how much time you have on your hands. So it wouldn't matter if "everyone" has 100% completion percentage.

- It would also boost sales for Sony. A lot of trophy hunters pass on games if the Platinum is hard. I know it wouldn't boost sales by much, since trophy hunters only make up like 0.01% of gamers lol, but still.

- Someone trophies are impossible to get now, because of servers shutting down... but we aren't able to delete the list.

There's more, but I feel I've written this same stuff so many times, it gets exhausting lol.

At the VERY LEAST we need to have the option to choose whether we want trophies lists to even show up on our accounts when we start a new game. What I mean by that is;  When I start a new game up, I should be able to make it so that trophies do not exist for that game at all. No 0%.... no earning an easy trophy within 1 minutes of playing the game. No having to delete my 0%. Start the game up, choose the option to make it as if Trophies don't even exist in this world. Play the game.

1 hour ago, Fish613 said:

100% agree with this. I never understood why we can't do this.

- Trophy hunting is not a competition (unless someone starts a thread with specific special rules (like the Final Fantasy one, recently)).

- It wouldn't be an issue to de-level someone (lower the trophy level of an account), when deleting trophies.

- Trophies are a collection. If I have a collection of something... I should be able to choose whether I want to throw part of that collection away or not.

- Completion % means nothing. Someone with a 100% completion, with a rarity average of like 50% is meaningless. Someone with a completion % of 60% with a rarity of like 35% IS meaningful. Completion % also has more to do with $$$ and how much time you have on your hands. So it wouldn't matter if "everyone" has 100% completion percentage.

- It would also boost sales for Sony. A lot of trophy hunters pass on games if the Platinum is hard. I know it wouldn't boost sales by much, since trophy hunters only make up like 0.01% of gamers lol, but still.

- Someone trophies are impossible to get now, because of servers shutting down... but we aren't able to delete the list.

There's more, but I feel I've written this same stuff so many times, it gets exhausting lol.

At the VERY LEAST we need to have the option to choose whether we want trophies lists to even show up on our accounts when we start a new game. What I mean by that is;  When I start a new game up, I should be able to make it so that trophies do not exist for that game at all. No 0%.... no earning an easy trophy within 1 minutes of playing the game. No having to delete my 0%. Start the game up, choose the option to make it as if Trophies don't even exist in this world. Play the game.

Or just turn off trophy notifications and play the game like any casual gamer out there would.

I don't know why people get so worked up over this. I got a whole bunch of games on Steam where I couldn't give a rat's ass about any of the achievements. I trophy hunt because I enjoy it.

Deleting trophies just destroys the entire purpose of trophy hunting.

Edited by Spaz

• 4 weeks later...

I think they should make something so that you are able to permanently delete up to like 50 or 60 trophies and not a single more. It would be really nice for people who played some game they didn't like and accidentally earned few trophies. Also, people who cheated entire lists wouldn't be able to abuse it since it's limited.

Kind of devalues other people's time, money, and energy doesn't it? Why should everyone get a perfect profile at the push of a button? What would even be the point of trophy hunting then?

If that's what you want, then there are ways to do it. Buck up and earn them, or use a burner account. I simply can't get behind this idea. 

• Like 1

On 9/19/2020 at 8:45 PM, zXShermanXz said:

Kind of devalues other people's time, money, and energy doesn't it? Why should everyone get a perfect profile at the push of a button? What would even be the point of trophy hunting then?

If that's what you want, then there are ways to do it. Buck up and earn them, or use a burner account. I simply can't get behind this idea. 

I agree that if you could remove any number of trophies it would be absolutely ridiculous since everyone could have perfect profiles and cheaters suddenly wouldn't be cheaters. That's why I said it should be limited to like 50 trophies. Hackers wouldn't be able to get rid of their entire dirt while people who earned trophies in 1 or 2 games they didn't like/were young at the time/friends played unwanted game/etc. would be able to get rid of those minor mistakes. BUT if you would have more than 50 trophies you want removed - unlucky, 50 is the limit. I think that's what Sony should go for.

Edited by Ember-Man

• 1 month later...

Just been reading through this and I agree and disagree on a few things. 

If the we're to bring in a deletion system, it should be done on a paid service to be able to delete any game. This would stop mass deleting if people kept having to pay to delete a trophy list. 

People said about save files for that intended game after the deletion of trophies. I have to agree this would be a problem for single player and online trophies. They could do a system if you delete a trophy list it would delete the save data for that game, but that would be hard to implement. The biggest problem would be for online trophies. A lot of games online are usually saved to servers and would cause mass problems of deleting trophies then replaying the game again online. It could start unlocking a lot of stuff and it would be hard to detect cheaters.

I agree this would benefit players that fall into a game with a server closure or glitched trophies that never get fixed and would help complentionists. 

Personally, I think it would be hard to implement this into the trophy support.

I see people say 'go back and finish the game or leave it unfinished'. The problem is, this is not always the case. I'm a complentionist and my list got screwed over by an unreleased DLC that was patched it years later. This is the stuff that can ruin people's lists and in favour would benefit from a deletion system.

As much as I would love a deletion system, I think it's to hard to implement to work all ways. It would also take the rarity away from games.

I wish Sony and developers had a bit more interest in trophies. I understand server closures have to happen and I'm happy as long as they give enough notice for people to go back to or even start so they can finish it up.

Anyway... From someone who's list that got screwed, I'd have to say no for now. Unless they come up with a decent way to sort both offline saves and online, it should stay the way it is.

Oh, I would LOVE to delete trophies, but if its something they never plan on doing I understand, and am not that miffed. Like many have said, there are a lot of problems that could potentially come with it, so who knows if it would ever be worth it for Playstation to incorporate. Probably not.

I have games that my ex played on my account back before I really cared about trophy hunting. I would love to get these off as the games in particular are not my style and I have 0 interest on ever touching. I go back and forth from hiding them on my profile, to not hiding them. I also go through waves of caring that they're on there, and then not caring at all. :blah:

It is what it is though. At the end of the day, the only person who see's the "blemishes" every day is myself. And ultimately, my desire for hunting trophies is to have fun. High ranks are completely out of possibility for myself which I'm fine with, so there's no point and putting unhealthy effort into making my account look pristine. I just wanna have fun!

On 19/05/2019 at 7:29 AM, TOAST13TOA5T said:

I second this, seems like it's popped up a few times in the last few months and it's a daft idea in all but one instance I can think of. It's a shame that some games MP may get shut down without any notice, I couldn't do the Resistance 2 MP because my ISPs connection was dire at the time and wouldnt connect with anyone but it's not a big deal because having a 100% profile is realistically, out of reach. Any game could just have it's servers shut off or launch with a glitch and never be patched, stopping you from getting the Plat.

If you care that much just start a new profile and do your research beforehand, stop letting digital pictures and numbers that mean nothing to anyone but the owner, ruin your gaming experience. Just be happy with what you earn and be proud of it.

Here, here well said, no one really cares that you have 100% or not except yourself and if your letting that dictate whether too start a game or not then your missing out on alot of great games.

I rather have 75% of one hard game I know I'll never 100% than force myself to play the same trashy pay for trophy game 6 to 9 times over across different region / device. Rather pull my eyes out than do that. 

Edited by SlipingJimmy

• 1 year later...