Is there enough resources to upgrade both sling & equipment?

Since replaying chapters put you back to whatever resources and upgrades you had on your first playthrough, i'm wondering do i need to focus on either sling or equipment first or are there enough resources to upgrade both before the end of the game?

Just now, Kymar17 said:

If you dont spend them all on making ammo for other things you will have enough to upgrade both before the end of the game. I finished upgrading on chapter 16 because i crafted way to many things.

Ok thank i'll keep that in mind!

I can confirm that you can, just make sure you don't waste to many resources on ammo.  I got both on a single FULL playthrough and got the trophies (equipment and sling) on chapter 14 and 16 respectively with enough spare to get 3-4 upgrades on the alchemy.

Edited by Fr_0zt

Since iv'e now gotten the plat i can also confirm for anyone wondering in the future. If you explore each level thoroughly and even backtrack on certain chapters where there is a split path, there is just enough enough to upgrade  sling, equipment and even alchemy as long as you dont craft more Luminosa then are needed for the alchemist cart and never craft any Somnium after the tutorial.

1 hour ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Everyone talks about not crafting ammo but there is a trophy for crafting 100 ammunition for Alchemy. Can you do all three in a single playthrough?

Only luminosa and somnium require the rare crafting materials so avoid crafting to many of those. Feel free to craft away with the cheaper ones. But you will probably get the 100 ammo crafted trophy naturally so don't owrry about it.

1 hour ago, Quink666 said:

Only luminosa and somnium require the rare crafting materials so avoid crafting to many of those. Feel free to craft away with the cheaper ones. But you will probably get the 100 ammo crafted trophy naturally so don't owrry about it.

Ok, cool. Just got to Chapter IV. Game is creepy in the dark! Lol.

On 27/05/2019 at 2:41 AM, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Everyone talks about not crafting ammo but there is a trophy for crafting 100 ammunition for Alchemy. Can you do all three in a single playthrough?

Do not spend anything on Alchemy, it is pointless. Resources are pretty tight and you need them for the sling/equipment upgrades. You can reload checkpoint to get the crafting trophy.

On 19/05/2019 at 8:30 AM, anotherfangirl said:

I’ve almost finished the game and I’m three leathers short from crafting the last upgrade. So you really shouldn’t craft too much ammunition while playing the game 1f61f.png

There is a bit of leather in the Ch. 16 (around 5-6) so you have a chance. I was in a similar position.  Check literally everywhere. I would tell you where, but spoilers. If you thoroughly search the castle in Ch. 15 before anything happens I found a bunch of leather and fabric there, too. 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 2

On 6/3/2019 at 11:48 PM, PhantomFear94 said:

Do not spend anything on Alchemy, it is pointless. Resources are pretty tight and you need them for the sling/equipment upgrades. You can reload checkpoint to get the crafting trophy.

That is a good tip about checkpoint reloading. I got my Sling Upgrade in Chapter 10, my 100 Ammunitions in Chapter 12, and finally the Equipment Upgrade in Chapter 16. For ammo, I kept 3-4 of all simple ammo types on me in case I ran into a situation, only did the big explosion type when I needed to enter an Alchemist Cart. I believe I could have had the equipment upgraded sooner as I needed just two leathers for the longest time and I got the final one in Chapter 16 but once the game introduced

Spoiler

I was done and just pushed through as fast I could to get the Platinum. So I didn't fully explore Chapters 14 or 15 and was no need to do any in Chapter 16 as all I needed was 1 leather. So not entirely sure when it would have been possible to pick up the Equipment trophy. Had I crafted a little less and struggled less with

Spoiler

Sir Nicolas Fire-Boss

and/or used the checkpoint trick, definitely could have gotten the trophy sooner. I think what you upgrade first plays an important role as clearly expanding the number of resources you can carry at one time is important, probably the most important upgrades to maximize resources and not leave any behind. If I could not pick up a resource due to my limit, I would either upgrade or make some ammo so as not to waste any, even if it meant backtracking several minutes to a crafting bench. Upgrade to not need a bench is definitely a time saver and makes it easier so I push to get that one early too.

On 6/7/2019 at 8:15 AM, medenko1975 said:

Handfull of pockets

didnt got it, damn it.....will be ng+....i can't play again :(

You can Chapter select so you won't need to play the entire game over again. Not sure how it works since I never used the feature but I imagine it would the easiest and hopefully the fastest way to collect your what you need to upgrade.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great game, I could upgrade the ones required for the trophy in chapter hmm 13 I think, i got last Alchemy ingredient almost reaching final boss. You have enough resources, when i backtracked for collectibles I noticed that I missed some skins and rope. I used luminosa for the crafting carts and in one area in one of the last chapter when I trapped some rats and I couldn't find another way to pass than kill them. 

Edited by GoldenShaka

• 2 months later...

You'll have enough don't worry, if you find the alchemist cars you will do it faster, also if you upgrade the belt fully you get the trophy without needing every upgrade. Edit(my bad that was the equipment thing and not the sling) 

Edited by MAUSZX

• 2 months later...

For anyone else in  the future, don't even bother doing Chapter Select if you're going for the slingshot upgrade, just start a new save file for that. Use Chapter Select for the collectibles you missed, once you use Chapter Select, it will not save or overwrite your latest progress in any way, it will still have the upgrades and materials from your first playthrough at that point. I always do a blind playthrough on a new game, cause what's the fun in looking at some guide and getting spoilers. When it's a game as good as this, I always do a second playthrough, even if it's not needed. I'll do my slingshot upgrades, which are the final 2 Trophies I need for the Platinum on my second go at it.

EDIT: Decided just to edit my post since mine was the last comment. Just got the Platinum a bit ago with "Handfull of Pockets", at the beginning of Chapter XV, I also got in the same playthrough, "Not a Toy Anymore" in Chapter X. To upgrade the Slingshot and Pockets for enough materials, just always check every spot you can, there are tons of materials in certain Chapters, just don't make any Somnium, besides the tutorial where you have no choice, it's also OK to craft and use Luminosa to get to the Alchemist Carts, because you will always get the important supplies back and more. You can update the Alchemy if going for the Trophies, but I would only for the upgrades that doesn't use Leather and Fabric, because those are the important items for upgrading. I actually just now upgraded everything to max, Sling, Equipment & Alchemy in the middle of Chapter XVI.

Edited by Nitemares-----

• 1 month later...

I actually used a bit of a cheesy way to get the upgrades done. I was sitting on a lot of resources but was saving to finish the sling first. At chapter 12 at the alchemist cart i finished the sling. I got the trophy but had to restart cause of lucas dieing. Then when i went back to the cart, I just used all the resource for the pocket upgrade. So if u allow the trophy to pop and then die and use the resource for the other upgrades u are sure to not missout on the trophies in 1 playtrough. 

• Like 2