Is there enough resources to upgrade both sling & equipment?

On 31/01/2020 at 5:36 PM, IGUnique said:

I actually used a bit of a cheesy way to get the upgrades done. I was sitting on a lot of resources but was saving to finish the sling first. At chapter 12 at the alchemist cart i finished the sling. I got the trophy but had to restart cause of lucas dieing. Then when i went back to the cart, I just used all the resource for the pocket upgrade. So if u allow the trophy to pop and then die and use the resource for the other upgrades u are sure to not missout on the trophies in 1 playtrough. 

That's what I basically did but I ended up finding enough resources anyways to upgrade everything. Just be thorough when going through areas and upgrade your carrying capacity 1st.

The game tends to want you to upgrade somethings ahead of others. Don't pass on things because your waiting to upgrade something else. 

• 1 month later...

I did not manage to find enough materials for the upgrade trophies due to my 2 mistakes:

1. I did not understand the material carry over system from chapter to chapter. I missed one random event trophy, so I speedran the same chapter without collecting mats. I thought if I replay the chapter the two runs would accumulate. They did not.

2. I unnecessary upgraded the last two categories. After finishing the game I found out they do not count.

It's possible to upgrade everything in one playthrough, but at the same time it's VERY easy to fuck it up if you don't know what you're doing. I might try replaying chapters 9-12, but I found the game so tedious and annoying, it will be a difficult task.

• 1 year later...

The things to keep in mind for this are:

1) Thoroughly explore and search for materials eveywhere.

2) Do not craft ammo that needs leather/fabric unless required when other characters teach you the recipe.

3) Upgrade the carrying capacity first of all.

4) Disregard the third equipment upgrade category when it consumes fabric or leather. Those are the 2 critical resources as they are rare.