So I cant play MGS4 anymore...

MarioMan200

So I played the game for the first time and thought it was great and all. Since i wanted to go for platinum, I continued on to my 2nd playthrough going for Assassin and tarantula emblems. But after I passed act 1, it would never load the game at all. I tried it again, even watching the cutscenes, but it never loaded after the results screen of act 1. So I deleted the game data and backed up my save data. When I now load the game, after the autosave screen, it shows the title at the bottom right corner and would never load. I have both the digital and physical copy of the game (using physical). The disc copy I have has no scratches, markings, or smudges on it. Countless times it tries to load, but gets stuck and I even tried downloading the digital copy, but it says my storage is full even though i have over 50 GB of storage left when it's download size is 27 GB. I don't know what to do and theres barely any info online on how to fix this. So now this game for me is both unplayable and unobtainable as of now. If theres anyone having any suggestions, let me know because I'm pissed. Edit: I installed everything in the game when I played.

Edited by MarioMan200
  • Like 1

I believe on the PS3 with digital games you have to have more than double the storage than the size of the game. So if MGS4 is 27GB, you'll need over 54GB of storage free on your PS3 in order for the game to download and install. If you can, delete some other games and try to get more than 60GB of free space on your PS3 and try to download the digital version again.

Parker

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Parker said:

I believe on the PS3 with digital games you have to have more than double the storage than the size of the game. So if MGS4 is 27GB, you'll need over 54GB of storage free on your PS3 in order for the game to download and install. If you can, delete some other games and try to get more than 60GB of free space on your PS3 and try to download the digital version again.

Parker

This^

To install anything, you have to find out what the download/install size is, then double it to get the amount of space you will need before it will actually install e.g. in your case, you will need 54gb of of available Hard Drive space for MGS 4 to install but since you only have 50gb free, you are going to have to delete some games to free up some space.

• 3 weeks later...