Regret buying this in the sale already

KainDMD

I bought the season pass for DC and the bikes expansion because of the shutdown news. I already had trophies in DC from PS plus version so I didn't want to lose my chance to get all those juicy hundreds of trophies. Then while I was checking out my driver, I accidentally unlocked a trophy for bikes for dressing up the biker. No problem, I got some more trophies very easily but then I realised that getting all the stars is a requirement as well for the platinum but I can't do the later stages because the fucking ai is cheating, it's impossible to win all 3 stars for every stage! Win while doing a super fast lap and without taking any damage? I was already shitting myself around the halfway point of the tour let alone the end! Instead of clearing out 1 game's trophies I created even more!!! The fuck!

• Like 1

It would be a cake if everything was doable first try but it's not! I'm sweating bullets with this overtuned difficulty! What is the secret? Even if I watch videos, the ai is different and the player is very lucky to not touch anything AND be first place AND do a super fast lap. When I slow down I go back to the last place. Oh and btw why do I always need to start at last place in a championship even if I won the last race? This is outRAGEous!

Maybe you're just trying too hard to get clean laps. The AI will sometimes smoke you on straights but you can easily overtake them in corners, plow your way through. "Clean laps" mostly means avoiding dirt or falling, but you can hit other riders without a penalty, unlike car races. You could also focus on specific objectives and then start the event again to clean up the rest.

Don't forget to use drafting and to lean forward when you're in the back of the pack.

Edited by FR_Gigastor
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, madbuk said:

The AI in Driveclub dont cheat, they just play better depending on how well you're doing. They never outright break the rules or do anything you yourself cant do.

I'm using the fastest bike ever, all stats are nearly maxed, I'm going at the limit of the possible speed, and yet the cheater ai is still faster!

1 minute ago, KainDMD said:

I'm using the fastest bike ever, all stats are nearly maxed, I'm going at the limit of the possible speed, and yet the cheater ai is still faster!

They're probably slipstreaming to overtake you, which is something you can also do...

2 hours ago, totallycrushed said:

Dunno what to tell you, Tour in Bikes is cake tbh. I hope you have brake assist off.

I'm not even sure if it really need to be off for most races. 

Actually only a few selected challenges are hard (do a stoppie and win on a specific race is the only thing that I remember being quite hard). 

Also, use combined brakes, that made things even easier for me, but that's likely because it somewhat allowed me to drive the bikes as if it were cars (to some extent). 

Like already said your R2 might be broken, when i started Driveclub i was like wtf why am i so slow... Turned out my R2 was only giving about 75% when fully pressed down. A lot of people will have this issue without knowing as you will only notice it on driving games. Try using R1 or if you have Project Cars that will show you on the OSD if you are getting full throttle. 

Also another thing to look for is the start, if they easily accelerate away from you at the start thats a clear sign R2 is broken. 

Edited by GUDGER666
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, KainDMD said:

I bought the season pass for DC and the bikes expansion because of the shutdown news. I already had trophies in DC from PS plus version so I didn't want to lose my chance to get all those juicy hundreds of trophies. Then while I was checking out my driver, I accidentally unlocked a trophy for bikes for dressing up the biker. No problem, I got some more trophies very easily but then I realised that getting all the stars is a requirement as well for the platinum but I can't do the later stages because the fucking ai is cheating, it's impossible to win all 3 stars for every stage! Win while doing a super fast lap and without taking any damage? I was already shitting myself around the halfway point of the tour let alone the end! Instead of clearing out 1 game's trophies I created even more!!! The fuck!

Can't you just focus on one of the requirements like on the normal game?

43 minutes ago, Vizard-Ichigo-- said:

Can't you just focus on one of the requirements like on the normal game?

Yes, you can. 

There's nothing that forces you to do all at once (although there are more stars asking 2 things than in the original game, because I think that they only started to put those kind of double challenges aftee releasing Bikes, so, only the few last cars DLC have this kind of double requirements for stars). 

Well i too found it harder than the cars so i feel ya on that, but i realised that you can't play these 2 the same way.

With bikes you need to slow down earlier before a corner and floor the throttle while coming out of a corner, which for me at least was totally different than driving the cars where you have much more leway on the brake timing.

That helped me anyway. It might seem slower at first but not hitting a siderail with your front teeth, for some reason, seems to get you around quicker :awesome:

• 3 weeks later...
On 19.05.2019 at 4:29 PM, KainDMD said:

No problem, I got some more trophies very easily but then I realised that getting all the stars is a requirement as well for the platinum but I can't do the later stages because the fucking ai is cheating, it's impossible to win all 3 stars for every stage!

Im doin Finish Line Dlc atm and and my theory is that you can get Stars trophy by getting only silver ones. Ill try my theory this week on dlc and ill msg if i was correct or wrong.

Edited by Beliar4
Missed letter <3

14 hours ago, Beliar4 said:

Im doin Finish Line Dlc atm and and my theory is that you can get Stars trophy by getting only silver ones. Ill try my theory this week on dlc and ill msg if i was correct or wrong.

I'm sorry, but this theory is wrong.

Source: 100% achieved for base games/DLCs.

Edited by BloodyRutz

On 5/19/2019 at 6:20 PM, KainDMD said:

Yeah, the AI is "cheating" and people on YouTube are "lucky". I've got all trophies for Driveclub/Driveclub Bikes + for all of the 26 DLCs and I can confirm that AI is definitely not cheating.

AI is faster because it can drive, and you can't. Use AI to learn from it. How it's driving the corners, etc. This game is not your typical arcade, in which you can win every race just by holding R2 using fastest bike/car.

Edit: Heads up - some of the DLCs are MUCH harder than base game.

Edited by BloodyRutz
grammar

6 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

I'm sorry, but this theory is wrong.

Source: 100% achieved for base games/DLCs.

Kk thnx it was just theory, couse i`ve pop trophy for unlocking final event at 11 silver stars (missed a second to get 11 golds so got 10 but final event unlocked {11 required})

On 5/19/2019 at 0:20 PM, KainDMD said:

When you are on long straights on a bike, press the left stick forward - this puts your rider into a tuck position, and increases your speed.

Bikes was overall very easy. I have only the final Event to complete (the Canada tour, which I'm saving as my 30,000th trophy...), and I have all stars otherwise. I have some DLC left to complete, but overall Bikes is easier than DriveClub. The clean laps in time trials were the most annoying part.

Now, as for the DLC - especially for the base game - that ratchets up the difficulty substantially.

Venom 2 hot lap in the dark while snowing? Yeah, you can fuck right off ?

• Like 2