Regret buying this in the sale already

KainDMD

Bikes is way easier than Cars imo. My friend just did all the DLC trophies in 1 day recently after not playing the game for 2+ years. Just keep at it and youll get it eventually. Thats how I had to do some of them...

Edited by jdizzle0420
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

So many complaining and I'm sitting here waiting for it to go on sale.... or ultimately buying it a couple hours before it gets delisted.

All dlc was on sale like month ago.

Edit:Sorry sale was EU dunno how NA.

Edited by Beliar4

13 minutes ago, Beliar4 said:

All dlc was on sale like month ago.

Edit:Sorry sale was EU dunno how NA.

I know, it goes on sale constantly on EU but I'm NA.  Last time it was on sale here, was a year ago.... I had it on the cart but never pulled the trigger.

Edited by Fr_0zt

9 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

I know, it goes on sale constantly on EU but I'm NA.  Last time it was on sale here, was a year ago.... I had it on the cart but never pulled the trigger.

Shit, good luck getting these cheaper, and get back into car seat lol (2 driveclub bikes dlc are car driven :P weird)

41 minutes ago, Beliar4 said:

Shit, good luck getting these cheaper, and get back into car seat lol (2 driveclub bikes dlc are car driven :P weird)

Thanks and I know, played the game a couple days ago and I still got it ?, so it shouldn't (hopefully) be much of a problem.

If it doesn't hit sale then I might buy a couple hours before delisting.

Edited by Fr_0zt
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

Yeah, the AI is "cheating" and people on YouTube are "lucky". I've got all trophies for Driveclub/Driveclub Bikes + for all of the 26 DLCs and I can confirm that AI is definitely not cheating.

AI is faster because it can drive, and you can't. Use AI to learn from it. How it's driving the corners, etc. This game is not your typical arcade, in which you can win every race just by holding R2 using fastest bike/car.

Edit: Heads up - some of the DLCs are MUCH harder than base game.

It was a straight fucking line and I was going with maximum speed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/06/2019 at 10:28 PM, Silencer0004 said:

Compared to the Driveclub Base Game, how hard is the Bike Game? I'm finishing some of the car DLCs but most of them give me a very hard time. I managed to beat All Stars, Sakura and soon Apex. AMG, Element etc. is completely impossible for me.

I found Bikes to be a bit more difficult than the Cars game. A lot of it felt on par to the AMG wet time lap DLC race. Some of the tracks require a lot of disappointments, failure, learning and the development of muscle memory to get the clean sectors and laps, but it is all still possible.

Play as much of it as you can with braking assist on, if you struggle with the stars, but for the platinum, you will eventually need to turn it off.

By the way, the stats for the bikes is another thing. I found it completely unhelpful seeing that the bikes' speed and handling stat are all so high, when in practice, I would have rated their stat a lot lower than it showed me. So it's less about learning which bikes work for you and more about learning each individual one. Particularly as you can't favour a particular bike for the events as much as you could for Cars.

IMO, for the average racing game player, difficulty: 8/10

Edited by GarryKE
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, GarryKE said:

I found Bikes to be a bit more difficult than the Cars game. A lot of it felt on par to the AMG wet time lap DLC race. Some of the tracks require a lot of disappointments, failure, learning and the development of muscle memory to get the clean sectors and laps, but it is all still possible.

Play as much of it as you can with braking assist on, if you struggle with the stars, but for the platinum, you will eventually need to turn it off.

By the way, the stats for the bikes is another thing. I found it completely unhelpful seeing that the bikes' speed and handling stat are all so high, when in practice, I would have rated their stat a lot lower than it showed me. So it's less about learning which bikes work for you and more about learning each individual one. Particularly as you can't favour a particular bike for the events as much as you could for Cars.

IMO, for the average racing game player, difficulty: 8/10

Thanks for the info. Picked it up already and the time trial + clean section races are such a pain. It's like "Guys, time trial is already hard, how can we annoy and frustrate our players even more?". And yes, you definitely have to learn the bikes. I hate the Ducati in "Cat out of the bag" as it turn worse than a tank.

But all in all I like the game and maaaaybe I'll get the plat there as well.

5 hours ago, GarryKE said:

In my opinion it's a terrible advice !

It just make you slower and make wining all races / stars harder =/

You will definitely need it off to win everything, so better put it off early so you are used to it faster ^^

(it's my personal opinion, but considering earlier post, i'm not the only one ;) )

On 23/06/2019 at 6:28 PM, Silencer0004 said:

Compared to the Driveclub Base Game, how hard is the Bike Game? I'm finishing some of the car DLCs but most of them give me a very hard time. I managed to beat All Stars, Sakura and soon Apex. AMG, Element etc. is completely impossible for me.

I also suffered on some of those DLCs in the original Driveclub game. But I found the Bikes much easier, it just takes more time to get use to the bikes handling: you have to go much, much more slow and on more wide lines (it's like all bikes understeer wildly throughout the game) on corners compared to how you would with the cars and... that's basically it. I was impressed at how easy it was, just needed to retry a few events and did pretty much everything first try, even the majority of the time trials once I got used to the bikes.

Actually the hard bit were some events on the two DLCs with cars that counts towards the Bikes 100%, specially that hideous Regera time trial challenge.

Edited by wowbagger_84
  • Like 1